Quinn tries to focus

Quirky Quinn

So football was OK

I trained really well, felt fit, kept up & performed well but our usual coach was not there and the stuff the stand in guy did was not really as structured or as useful as usual oh well, it was nice to get back to it after missing last week.  I just hope that the rain which has been constant so far this week stops soon so that we have a chance of a game on Saturday.

I also enjoyed going for a curry (I didn't have a curry) with the lads, I had a chicken chat to start and a tandoori mixed grill as a main and it was really good. 

We didn't eat until late (It was about 9.30) and as a result when I got home at about 10.30 and got into bed I could not sleep!  I felt bloated, full and uncomfortable I think I got about 3 hours in last night which just isn't like me at all and isnt nearly enough.  I think I need to be mindful of this today and not try to do all the things because if I do I will crash and when I crash discipline goes out of the window.  

On top of this at about 9pm whilst I was out I got a text message from Little Quinns school, they had had a leak of sewage into the kitchen and dining room and have had to close today!  That means I have had to scramble around looking for someone to look after her, luckily my sister has a days holiday booked and she kindly agreed to have her.  I'm very fortunate to have family close by who are always willing to help out!

Today will be a consolidation day, I will try to stave of tiredness and ill discipline by listening to my body and its needs.  I will decide whether to run later on and I will alter the tasks I had planned at work to ones which will take less brain power.  I will get an early night and catch up on the missed sleep from yesterday. 

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1

Lack of sleep is toxic!

Yesterday was hard, I’d had very little sleep The night before and it took a lot of effort for me to stay focused and cordial at work.  I managed that alright, I kept to myself and was fairly productive but I did no exercise beyond a very short walk and my food was off by a mile!

I expected it to be crap to be honest, but I think that’s a bit self fulfilling as well.  Would it have been crap if I hadn’t given myself the excuse in the morning?  

Anyway, we start again today.  

I am on a course today so my routine will be off but I know what I’m planning to do so no excuses!  I will grab some porridge at the train station, have a salad at lunch and make something healthy for tea.

In terms of exercise I will go for a walk at lunch and run tonight.  I think football will be cancelled tomorrow because it hasn’t stopped raining in a month.

Have a great weekend everyone! 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

...I’d had very little sleep... and it took a lot of effort for me to stay... cordial...

I can really relate to that. The length of my patience and temper seem to be directly proportional to my sleep. I'm determine to find a way to do better at this but haven't succeeded yet.

3 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

...it hasn’t stopped raining in a month.

I hope you haven't been affected by the floods. They say the rain's going to ease but the rivers could still rise due to the off-flow (I'm sure there's a proper term) from the hills.

Current Challenge: More treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

Epic Quest: Kokiri Forest | Great Deku Tree | Great Deku Tree, part 2 - boss fight | Meeting Princess Zelda | In the royal tomb | Still in the royal tomb | Treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

___

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." --- Hero's Shade, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

___

I help research into the Coronavirus with Rosetta@home and World Community Grid. You can too.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, The Hero of Time said:

I hope you haven't been affected by the floods. They say the rain's going to ease but the rivers could still rise due to the off-flow (I'm sure there's a proper term) from the hills.

Thanks, no.  Beyond football being cancelled a few times we've gotten away very lightly over my way.  When you hear about people losing their lives or homes it puts things into perspective a little bit!

Motivation is strange.

So after a good nights sleep on Thursday night I woke up feeling fresh and ready to go on Friday, jumped on the train to get to my course and endured a communte through Leeds to York, two of the busiest stations in the North of England I'd guess.  It was not fun and reminded me why I stopped commuting by train a few years ago.  Anyway when I got there the course was really interesting, if a little too short to fit any deep & meaningful learning in.  It served as a good networking and introducing session though.

I had skipped breakfast at home in order to be on time for my train and grabbed some porridge and a coffee on my way into York.  I was pleased with myself for not giving into the sausage butty cravings and then at lunch picked a mainly healthy plate of food despite not really wanting to.  When I got home motivation had deserted me but I knew I had to get out for a run after missing Thursday so I did but it was slow!  32m29s for 5k which is way down on where I'd been recently.  I was happy with myself for getting out and doing it though, when I got in we got a take out curry and chilled out.  

I think Friday was a good day but I spent the entire day fighting the urge to binge on shitty food and slob on the couch.  I'm proud of myself for doing so but I'm not sure where this change in brain waves has come from.  This week has probably been the first time since the end of August when I started this journey where I have been fighting myself rather than pushing towards a goal.

Saturday was an early start as LQ had a swimming lesson at 9.  So we were up breakfasted (Porridge with Bannana & Raisins) and out the door by 8.30.  Football was on so once we got back from swimming and a little play on the park about 10.30 I took myself off to prepare.  I have a routine that I follow on game day from about 11 onwards.  I listen to a podcast by a guy called Dam Abrahams who is a sports psychologist which helpos me sort my mindset whilst I go through getting my kit ready.  I grab a small lunch which was a cheese sandwhich and three oatcakes with peanut butter & I then do a streching routine that I follow which takes about 15mins.  I head out of the door about 12.30 and get to the ground at 1pm whilst eating and travelling I listen to some chilled out classical music to allow me to reduce heart rate, focus and think about the game running through various scenarios and how I will react to them.  Then I get changed into my kit and head out and warm up before the game starts at 2pm.

We played well on Saturday and I noticed some real improvements in my own performance which I am putting down to endurance and flexibility training.  We went 2-0 down in the first 30 mins but then came back really well in the second half and won 3-2 scoring the last goal with only 5 mins left!  There is nothing quite like the feeling of winning a game of football, it changes the rest of the weekend!

After the game I spent a couple of hours with the guys and then home for tea, we had homemade Steak and mushroom pie that MrsQ had made and it was deliecious.  I gave into the cravings of the previous night afterwards and had some ice cream for dessert, but what the hell!  We won!

Yesterday I was a bit achy and didn't do too much,  I helped put up a trampoline that we got for LQ (but which I think I'll be trying to utilise in future challenges) and helped with dinner that MrsQ made for us and her parents.  I ate pretty well yesterday and didn't have to fight the motivation monster too hard.

Overall a good weekend but I definately need to get the gremlins in check, I'll run them down tonight when I get out on the road!

Further update to come on this weeks plan but I have to go now as work becons!

Have a great week everyone

• Like 2

yeah, motivation is really hard for me too- it comes and goes!

I like how you recognized what you Would Have done (on friday) if you let yourself go.

too often, I'll have a rough day and feel like I did poorly when in fact, not feeling good- it did better than I would have if I weren't trying.

I also think a bunch of this quote on motivation;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOmNEJiq7CF9Yz6cgEOdQ

sounds like you doing really good with that.  Congrats, as well, on a great game!

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

21 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

I definately need to get the gremlins in check,

"no water after midnight" ;) 

• Haha 1

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit

Running over gremlins!

Last night was horrible, the weather was cold, wet, windy.  The roads all had surface water running all down them meaning great big puddles for cars to drive through.  Safe to say running was not first on my list pf priorities!  But after we'd had some tea (Spagetti & Meatballs) and put LQ to bed I knew that after my rousing speach to myself about motivation and running over gremlins I had to get out.  So I pulled on my running shoes, got my torch and my high vis jacket and got out of the door.  

The first part of the run felt good, I was going along at a decent pace and despite the rain lashing down the route was fairly well sheltered so I was saved from the elements a little.  Then I got out into the more exposed areas and the headwind hit my like those youtube guys who pretended to box each other at the weekend!  It has hard, the wind was lashing at me and the wind was blowing right in my face.  I kept going, telling myself that because this route is a loop a headwind now meant a tail wind on the way back and that if I could keep my pace reasonable on the way out I'd be on for a good time.  Luckily I managed to avoid getting soaked by any cars driving through any puddles and pressed on.  Making steady progress to the halfway point of my run.  When I turned that corner and headed back it was like a different run!  The wind behind me, the rain felt like it eased off and I was really concentrating on my breathing and my running stride, because it did feel like a running stride not a jogging stumble.  I made good progress over the second of 3k and 4k felt like the best I had run yet.  Then I got back into the town and more sheltered conditions.  I lost my tail wind and the last 1000 mtrs is all uphill.  I kept telling myself that I was on target for a good time and if I could maintain any sort of pace for the last section I'd be in with a PB chance.  I might have scared a few people who were also braving the cold night as I let out the odd shout of encouragement for myself but I pushed on, finishing the run in 29m21s.  Which after a week of not getting under the 30mins after initially reaching it feels like a massive accomplishment.  Really pleased with myself for getting out and doing it despite the conditions.

Food was on point and I'm happy that I seem to have had a bit more motivation today, not fighting myself quite as much as I have over the last week or so,  Another day like that today would be ideal.

Today is another full work day, which will involve 4 productive sections of productivity!   And this evening I have our football teams committe meeting which means no 5k.  I do run down to the clubhouse where the meeting is held and back again afterwards.  Its about 1k each way.  It will be interesting to see if I can manage that quicker than last month when I did the same.  We shall see!

Have a great day everyone!

Progress,

I didn't go to the committee meeting last night, LQ was back at school yesterday after her few days off due to the sewage leak in the school.  She did not have a good day!  She was given a red card by hjer teacher for not listening and kicking a boy!  She is the youngest in her class and onl;y made the cut for her school year by 8 days so she feels really young to be at school so I'm sure her attention span is not as good as some of the other kids and her social skills need some work (alos probably not helped by her being an only child!).  So we need to give her some slack and not come down too hard on this type of thing but she also needs to learn social normalities and that it is never ok to kick someone!  

So I made some nice dinner and we sat as a family around the dinner table and talked about her day and what she could've done differently etc.  I think it went well and hopefully she understood what we were trying to teach her.  I guess we'll find out today based on how she gets on!

Anyway, all that stuff meant I missed the committee meenting, which did allow me the opportunity to head out for a run once LQ had gone to bed.  The weather was much better than yesterday and I enjoyed not fighting the wind and rain, although Idid miss that tailwind on my way back in!  I got round in another PB time, what a week so far.  Bang on 29m0s.  I honestly feel like I am making so much progress by focusing on this one area, it makes me excited for when I move onto the next areas in future challenges (which seems like a bit of an oxymoron but is typical of my shiny new things brain!)  

I am going to continue running for the rest of this challenge and see where I get to.  Theres 19 days left and I think I can push to get this under 30m 5k as consistant as possible in that time, then in future challenges once a week should be enough to maintain that speed whilst allowing me to focus on the next target.

Today is football training and a busy day at work, so the task is to remain productive & consistant.

Enjoy your days!

• Like 3

What happened to all that productivity?

Yesterday was a good morning, I got up, ate porridge, worked hard, ate lunch, squatted, went for my walk and then BAM.  All motivation disapeered!  I have no idea why but I just couldn't face my afternoon planned focused task.  I am wondering if it is something to do with yesterdays planned task being a pain in the arse one!  Anyway, I kind of muddled through the afternoon and did the odd bit but made no progress whatsoever on the planned task.  Which means I am now backed up for the week and I'll have to think about how I can get back ontop.

Football training was good, I got frustrated with myself during the first half of the training, I think the particular drill we were doing tested me in ways I am not used to, it probably pushed my stretch dial too far, but that is how we get better I guess.  I needto work on not getting flustered in those situations and staying calm and on top of my emotions.  The second half of training was much more settled, doing something which was more in my comfort zone, skill wise and I enjoyed feeling fit and strong throughout.

Today I am going to focus and smash that task that I missed from yesterday.  I will be leaving the office at lunch time because MrsQ has an appointment and I will be picking up LQ.  That means that I will have no dstractions and no excuses to not get the task done.  

I will be mindful of my motivation levels and I will be disciplined enough to focus when it is needed.

Tonight I will get out for a run, I am expecting this to be a bit of a recovery run after three pretty intense sessions this week so far.

Have a good one!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Quirky Quinn said:

I am wondering if it is something to do with yesterdays planned task being a pain in the arse

It's amazing how the subconscious can mess these things up for us. Here's hoping the new task proves less painful and gives that subconscious a new memory upon which to draw.

Epic Quest: Kokiri Forest | Great Deku Tree | Great Deku Tree, part 2 - boss fight | Meeting Princess Zelda | In the royal tomb | Still in the royal tomb | Treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

___

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." --- Hero's Shade, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

___

I help research into the Coronavirus with Rosetta@home and World Community Grid. You can too.

A ok day yesterday.

Work was better than the previous day, got some important tasks done.  Managed to stay fairly productive throughout the day.  

I ate well and ran, I did take it easier, not quite pushing myself as hard as the last few runs because I was conscious of the exertion of the last few nights and not wanting to burn out.  As a consequence I was tracking at about 31mins after the first 3k.  I pushed myself in the last 2k a little bit more as I wanted to prove to myself that even a "recovery run" could be under 30m.  I came in at 29m52s which I was quite pleased with in the end.

We're now coming into the weekend and I'm looking forward to it!  Football looks like it will be on tomorrow so we'll look to build on last weeks result.  Then in the evening a friend of mine is fighting in a charity boxing match!  I'm quite looking forward to heading down and cheering him on!  Sunday will be a rest day, I might try and take LQ for a walk to blow off the inevitable cobwebs from Saturday!

Have a good one everyone!

• Like 1

Hi Team!

A busy and eventful weekend this weekend and a busy day of travelling yesterday mean I'm a little behind with updates but it's all good as long as the work is getting done right?

Saturday was football and another good win after going behind.  I had a good game, felt confident and fit, made some good saves.  I often find my mind wanders during a game and I lose concentration, worrying about what is coming next or what would happen if I made a mistake or the glory if I didn't etc. etc.  I've gotten better at reconising this as I've become more experienced.  But on Saturday, after listening to the usual pre game Sport Psych podcast I came up with a mantra to say to myself outload when I notice this happening which helps me to reset and refocus on the present moment,

"Nothing matters apart from the next thing, and I will do the next thing well"

After the game I went to my Friends Charity boxing match and he won!  Was a good night out with a few too many beers and a big old Pizza at the end of the night but no big deal, my ability to have a night out and get straight back on the routine the next day has been a real strength in this period of taking care of myself, one that I didn't think I posessed!

Which brings us to Sunday, For breakfast I finished off my Pizza!  I know!  Then took the family out for a nice day, wewent to the park and for some dinner, which was amazing and may have invovled ice cream.  But that was all I ate all day, I was so full aftre dinnner that there was no need to eat anything else all day!   I also did no exercise at all as I was recovering from the game and night out.

Yesterday I travelled to one of our offices near London which is a 5 hour drive, I am down here for until Wednesday, this is rubbish because it means I miss my daughters first parents evening!  (Would it be weird to face time in?).  But it also means I can focus on getting some solid gym time in.  When I got to the office yesterday at about 2.30pm the first thing I did was go for a longish walk as i was so stiff after all that driving.  I then spent a coupe of hours in meetings and eaded back to the hotel.  I had made sure that the hotel I am staying at had a decent gym and I did my run on the treadmill which is a little bit rubbish but at least I did the run.  The treadmil was set to imperial measures which through me off a little bit but I did 3 miles in just under 30 mins so thats about on point for where I should be.  I then did a really good streching routine, taking my time to really get a lot out of each strech and get that bad drive out of my body.  After that it was to the pool area and I did Steam room, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room Jacuzzi!  I absolutely love the Sauna and Jacuzzi, it feels like such a treat after a workout.  I used to go a gym near work that had this set up and I'd do my workout and then hit the Jacuzzi before work but I had to stop going because my workouts dropped to about 15 mins and I was still being late for work!  So now it is a working away treat only!

Today is another day of meetings and then back to the hotel for gym and possibly (definately) more Jacuzzi & Sauna time!

• Like 1

my ability to have a night out and get straight back on the routine the next day has been a real strength in this period of taking care of myself, one that I didn't think I posessed!

Nice!  This is an awesome skill that so many people (me) struggle with!!

(Would it be weird to face time in?).

I have parents calling their students in the middle of CLASS, so I'm sure you're fine, lol.

The treadmil was set to imperial measures which through me off a little bit but I did 3 miles in just under 30 mins

3.1 is a 5k, (which I'm sure you figured out) but that's pretty awesome timing!!!

Great job keeping on track!!

• Like 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Time to get back on track!

Tuesday was a good day for excercise.  I was in the hotel and ran on the treadmil (which I hate) and streched and spent some time in the Sauna (of course!).  Foodwise it was OK, I had a big lunch and then picked fish & chips off the menu in the hotel in the evening, which was definately not the healthiest choice available!  Although I didn't snack I didn't eat particularly well for my meals.

Wednesday was a travel day, I set off at 8 in the morning and grabbed a coffee and some porridge as I was setting off.  Then around lunch time I stopped again, had a little walk & strech but got a lunch which included a big sandwhich, a bigger bag of crisps and a bag of harribo for the way home!  Not good!  Needless to say I polished those off.  I then cooked a nice dinner of chilli and picked up LQ from school whilst we waited for MrsQ to get home.  I ate the chilli which was brilliant and went to football practice which was OK, but not a great workout - I think I was still a bit stiff form the drive.

Today I am working from home as I have spent the morning sitting in on a skype call so it seems pointless to go into the office for.  I decided I would listen in whilst I went out for a walk, which was a great call.  I really enjoyed it.  I got back about half an hour ago and tucked straight into some food.  Cheese on Toast (x3!) Oatcakes with peanutbutter (x4!) and a 100g bar of choclate I found in the fridge (I'll probably get told off for that one!).  I have been out walking this morning so I think that I did deserve something decent for lunch but unfortuneatly my choices have been going to shit recently.  Even after eating all that lunch I wanted to head back downstaris and grab something else, I forced myself to come on and do this update before hand and I now wont do that.  

I am concerned though, these sort of bad choices in the past have signaled the begginning of the end of a healthy period and with Christmas around the corner if I am not careful it will be easy to give myself excuses.

Routine will help, getting back in the office tomorrw will mean that I can get back into that routine but a stronger, more mindful attituce is alos required to ensure I keep going.

Later tonight I will head out for a road run, which I'm looking forward to, and I will make good food choices for the rest of the week.

• Like 1

After having a word with myself yesterday through the medium of NF the rest of my day was pretty tame.  I ate only my tea, which was spectacular.  It was sausage and mash but MrsQ had replaced the potato mash with a carrot and swede mash was when seasoned with a little salt & pepper was better than the potato version!

I didn't run 1) because MrsQ had already booked in a visit to see her friends and it was gone 9pm before I would've been able to get out and that was too late and 2) because I felt like the walk I'd done earlier in the day was enough.

Today I'm taking LQ to see her nanna after work/school and will have my tea made for me!  I'm looking forward to the weekend and hoping football is on tomorrow!

Have a good one everybody..

• Like 1

Ugh!  

Not a great weekend fitness wise!

Friday was good, no execrcise of note, but Friday is a rest day.  I went for a short walk and squatted for not quite half an hour.  But food was good and I was well prepped for a good game Saturday.

Saturday mornnig was good also I ate a good breakfast, played football and had a good game, despite a loss.  After the game I had to get straight off and collect LQ from my parents as they had kindly agreed to have her for the afternoon as MrsQ was also busy.  This meant I did not eat propoerly.  I grabbed a sandwhich and a big bag of crisps and that was the start!  We had friends over in the evening and I drank lots of beer, ate lots of crap and had a curry at tea time.  I got to bed around 4am!  

Sunday was all about recovery, I had a large breakfast then we went to the cinema in the afternoon to watch the new Frozen film with LQ which was a bit meh!  This involved popcorn, crisps and a burger afterwards.  Then at tea time it was take out pizza!  So much junk!

I mean, I had a great time and it was a nice weekend, however, its coming up to the holidays and there is going to be a bunch of weekends that could look like this if I'm not careful.  I need to be more mindful with my choices and if I do decide to have a few beers or whatever I need to make sure that I have plans in place to cope with this the next day etc.

Anyway this week is te last week of whats been a pretty successful challenge for me and I din't want to let that drop now.  So today I will make sure I stick to what has worked o far, I will stand, squat, walk and run today and eat in a way which I know works for me.  Hopefully a reset day today will put me back on track for the final push of the challenge.

Have a great week!

• Like 1

Much better day yesterday.

After all that food Sunday I skipped breakfast yesterday, I just wasn't feeling it.  That meant that at lunch I was hungry, I got my usual sandwich and it was all good.  In the evening I went out for dinner with an old boss of mine.  He is just the nicest guy!  He's coming up to retirement age now and spends a lot of his time picking and chosing projects to get involved in and mentoring younger members of his team.  Just chilled out, wise and an all round dude!

So I tried to keep it as good as possible for dinner, I had a greek salad with lamb koftas to start and crab & lobster fish cakes for a main, both were excellent!  I did have a coffee after the meal which was maybe a mistake as I found it difficult to drop off last night.  But I did in the end and had a good nights sleep.

Being back in the office got me back to normality a little also, I stood most of the day, squatted for my alloted half an hour and walked in the drizzle as well as being fairly productive.  Because I went out for dinner I didn't run in the evening and so that is my top priority for today.  Tonight I will get out and run for the first time since last Tuesday and the first time outside in almost 2 weeks!  I'm looking forward to seeing how I get on as I think it will give me an indication of how much I will need to do running wise to keep a maintenance pace of 5k under 30 mins which was my original goal.

• Like 2

So I was 100% there yesterday.  Everything I had planned to do was done.  Food was on point and exercise was good.

My run went well, I set a new PB for the challenge of 28m50s which I am pleased with after not going out for a run in almost a week.  

Today I think I will head out for a walk this morning once I’ve dropped LQ off at school.  Probably back to the place I went last week to explore the moor a little bit more.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1

I spent some time last night reviewing the first few posts of this challenge and also my previous first time challenge, I think that two things have happened since then.

1. I have been able to sustain a healthy lifestyle despite life (so far!).  When I joined NF this was one of my biggest motivations.  Having a place to keep myself accountable and feel supported in cultivating a healthier life was key to making changes and you guys have helped with that so thanks!
  2. I have been able to focus way more than I thought, I set out on this challenge with this idea that each day I would be doing as little bit in lots of areas and I’ve realised that just isn’t possible.  So at the detriment of having focus in lots of areas my challenge has changed somewhat to just be about running this time.  Next time I’m thinking about pull up progressions (potentially) and I will need to remember how much focusing in one area has really helped this challenge when putting that one together.

Really happy with my progress this challenge and I’m looking forward to seeing how far I can push myself with all your support!

• Like 1

I also started to reread (listen) to one of my favourite fantasy books last night,

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.

There is a character PoV in this book about a guy called Kaladin who is a normal guy who ends up working in these “bridge teams” which are essentially a suicide group who carry huge bridges across open plains during a battle that has been going on for years.  He starts working with a team which is completely demoralised, broken and ready to die and he transforms them into a well oiled unit through resilience, hard work, innovation and empathy.  It’s probably one of the best examples of leadership I have ever come across, in fiction or non-fiction.  I like to remember Kaladins example whenever I go into what is going to be a difficult challenge and use it to help me push through.

I would highly recommend.

I had some time available during the day yesterday so I took the opportunity to head out for a walk, I did head back to the same place as last week as last weeks walk was a straight up and down to be able to say I'd finally done it, this week I wanted to explore a little more.  So I went up the trees you can see on the left of the picture and walked, (probably in circles) through the mist, until I got to the hill on the right and scaled that again.  I was out for a round three hours and really enjoyed it.  I wish I had more time to get out and walk in the wilderness, I would spend so much time out there if I could.

Pano.thumb.png.945ff9627562f2c2426c53c4e8f5fb33.png

I had already eaten breakfast and lunch before heading up but I was starving when I came back down after the walk so I got home and treated myself to a cup of tea, a piece of cake and some chocolate.  It was OK though I felt I deserved it!

I picked up LQ from school at about 4 and we came home and cooked together.  We made chicken in a arrabbiata sauce with pasta  and garlic bread.  MrsQ got home from work and we devoured it!  It was so good, although I think it was a little bit too spicy for LQ so she got some ice cream for dessert!  (i'm still not sure if this was a ploy on her behalf!)

Then I went to football training in the rain, which was ok but I think training has been lacking something recently.  There doesn't seem to be a good vibe from the team whilst training, almost like we are going through the motions rather than trying to push ourselves, unsure what to do about that beyond trying to set an example.

Today I am back in the office, I am feeling pretty warn out though, I am usually stood at my desk through the morning but I have had to lower it to sitting today and I haven't done any squatting yet.  I 'm going to grab some lunch a little early and see if that helps at all, I'd like to get out and run tonight as it will probably be my last opportunity this challenge so keen to set a good time.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:25 AM, Quirky Quinn said:

Really happy with my progress this challenge

Well done, QQ. I'm jealous of your running progress and your consistency is really quite impressive.

I was starting to reach similar conclusions about focus, today. My challenge seems to have too many things pulling in different directions. You've done the right thing by narrowing your focus and concentrating on the most important stuff.

• Like 1

___

___