• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah learns as he goes.

On saturday I did not eat mindfully.  I went to my nephews birthday party and ate pizza and cake and ice cream well beyond the point of being full and satisfied.  No judgement, just a fact.  

I did get in one round of exercises, so that's good.  I've already got one in for today, and I'll try to get another tonight. 

• Like 1

On Sunday I also did not eat mindfully.  Not sure what was going on with me this weekend.  Today will be a better day, and I'm off to a good start.

Yesterday I did get in a round of exercises, so that was good.  I'll try to get in two today.

• Like 4

Big news in our home.  My daughter, who is 11, set up her Pottermore account last night, and was sorted into her Hogwarts house.  Her mother and I are both Ravenclaws, and we kind of thought she would be too, but the sorting hat is wise and chose differently than we would have.

She's a Slytherin.

We had to have a talk about how not all Slytherins are evil.  Pottermore is careful to point out that Merlin himself was a Slytherin.  I explained to her that their dark reputation comes from the fact that they are willing to operate on the fringes because they are creative in their pursuit of their goals and ambitions.  That really connected with her, as it is her life goal to one day use genetic engineering to create actual dragons.  I told her that is a very Slytherin thing to do.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

That really connected with her, as it is her life goal to one day use genetic engineering to create actual dragons.  I told her that is a very Slytherin thing to do.

That is pretty freaking awesome.

And I love how you guys handled it with her.  Good job parents!

Big news in our home.  My daughter, who is 11, set up her Pottermore account last night, and was sorted into her Hogwarts house.  Her mother and I are both Ravenclaws, and we kind of thought she would be too, but the sorting hat is wise and chose differently than we would have.

She's a Slytherin.

We had to have a talk about how not all Slytherins are evil.  Pottermore is careful to point out that Merlin himself was a Slytherin.  I explained to her that their dark reputation comes from the fact that they are willing to operate on the fringes because they are creative in their pursuit of their goals and ambitions.  That really connected with her, as it is her life goal to one day use genetic engineering to create actual dragons.  I told her that is a very Slytherin thing to do.

Y'all are parenting goals! I could only hope to parent like this if I ever end up with kids! (I'm also a Ravenclaw, my partner is a Hufflepuff and we had a Harry Potter wedding so we very well could be parenting kids like this anyways hah!)

• Like 1

I am also a Slytherin :) And proud of it! We are ambitious, which can lead people down bad paths more easily than other personality types... but it certainly isn't inherently evil. This nerd parenting is so awesome.

• Like 1

On Monday I ate mindfully all day!  I did not exercise.  I went to a friends for a game night, so the mindful eating was quite an accomplishment.

• Like 6

On Monday I ate mindfully all day!  I did not exercise.  I went to a friends for a game night, so the mindful eating was quite an accomplishment.

Well done, that's an accomplishment indeed! 

13 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Great job Cheetah xx

• Like 1

On Tuesday I ate mindfully for meals but not for dessert at the end of the night.  I did not do exercizes per se, but I did carry boxes of paper up and down stairs for an hour or two, so that totally counts.

• Like 2

Mindfully for all meals is still a great job!    Desserts are so darn tricky.

But if it's only once in a while you go non mindful on them still way ahead of the game!

I can't remember what I did Wednesday.  I think I carried a lot of boxes up and down stairs again.  I can't remember how food went.

Thursday food was good.  I did have some candy after trick-or-treating with my kids, but I didn't go crazy with it.  Meals were mindful otherwise.

Today is beginning well, and I think it should be good.

• Like 2

I think I ate mindfully saturday and sunday.  I dont really remember saturday very well, but I'm pretty sure I did.  I didn't exercise Saturday,  but on sunday I took a three mile walk with my son, so that was nice.

This week I'm going to try to post more frequently, so that I can see how I'm doing as I go along.  I might start doing points again.  Well see.

• Like 2

Hey Cheetah, sounds good over there.

No major issues were had if you can't remember them!

I notice a direct correlation between keeping on trend when I post regularly (especially on weekends) versus not.   I really need to get into a better habit of keeping up here between Thu-Sun myself lol.

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I notice a direct correlation between keeping on trend when I post regularly (especially on weekends) versus not.   I really need to get into a better habit of keeping up here between Thu-Sun myself lol.

That's what I'm thinking.  I think if I go back to points, it will help me to be honest with myself about how I'm doing at working toward my goals.

So, for this week so far I have one food point and one exercise point for Sunday.  So far today is going well.  I'm going to get a little exercise this afternoon, and maybe a second session in the evening, so that will be good.  I'll check in later tonight.

• Like 1

On Monday I ended up not eating mindfully, and I didn't exercise.  So no points for Monday.

On Tuesday, I did eat mindfully, more or less.  I had a little bit of coping chocolate because I've been working double shifts this week, and I always eat more when I'm tired.  It wasn't much and my meals were all good so I'm still counting the win.  On Tuesday I got one exercise session in.  So that's two points for Tuesday, bringing me to 4 for the week.

My beautiful and wise wife suggested that I should schedule breaks during my work day.  I tend not to take breaks, and I only stop for lunch just long enough to stuff something into my face hole before I jump back into work.  I think this is not good for my mind or body, since most of my work is at a desk.  So this morning I'm going to figure out two break times that I can take, along with my lunch time.  My plan is to do the quick exercise routine during these breaks.

• Like 5

On Wednesday I did exercise.  I got in one set during the day.  I did not eat mindfully.  I had a ruben from McAlister's which is one of my fovorite things, and I wolfed it down instead of taking my time.  That puts me at 6 points so far this week, which is not bad.

I've started reading the Warrior Cats books.  My daughter is a big fan, and I try to check out the things she's interested in.  I'm only on the second book, so no spoilers please.  It's better than I thought it would be, and I'm enjoying having a little bit of leisure reading time.  There is also a light-weight RPG that the authors made based on the books.  We've made characters and run through the introductory adventure along with one of her friends who is also a fan of the books.  The mechanics are really simple and it's as much a choose-your-adventure story as an rpg, but it was fun and easy since it didn't require much prep on my part.  I'm sure we'll play again; I think there are about 10 published adventures in all.

• Like 3

On Thursday I exercised.  I got in three sets of the dumbbell routine throughout the day, so that was good.  I'm hoping to build on this and make it a habit.  I also ate mindfully.  So that's a 2-point day which brings me to 8 for the week.  I'm doing pretty well!

I think I'm going to try to get a heavier dumbbell for work.  I've been using a 10.  I do have a 15-lb kettlebell, but doing shoulder presses with the KB is not my favorite.  I'll give it a try when I get home tonight and see if I can live with it.

• Like 1

On Friday I did eat mindfully, more or less.   I probably had one more piece of pizza than I would have been good with, but that's close enough. 

I did exercise.  I got one round in, with a 15 lb. Kettlebell.  It was pretty good,  so I'm going to go with that for now.  I'm really enjoying the workouts. I'll try to remember to do more of them.

10 points for the week so far with one day to go!

• Like 3

On Saturday I did eat mindfully,  and there was a game day, so that's a big deal.  I also exercised in the morning. 

That brings my total for the week to 11 out of 14 possible which is pretty good!  It better than I thought I'd do, to be honest.  I'm very pleased with it.  :-)

• Like 4

On Sunday I almost ate mindfully, but at dinner I rapidly mowed through a plate of french fries without thinking about it.  If I had slowed down I probably would have been satisfied with less.

I did exercise.  I mowed my front yard, half an inch lower than usual so by the end I felt like I had exercised.

It was a pretty good weekend all in all.  It was a bit more noisy and hectic than I prefer, but it was pretty good.  Yesterday was 1/2 off day at Half Price Books, and I scored two board games - New York 1901 and Dominion.  I'm looking forward to Dominion.  My beautiful and competitive wife and I like deck builders, and I've heard it's the grandfather to most of them, so that will be interesting.

My boss is out most of this week, which leaves me unsupervised.  I probably won't get into much mischief, but you never know.  :-)

• Like 3