• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah learns as he goes.

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I rapidly mowed through a plate of french fries without thinking about it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that French fries are specifically designed for this. Mmmmm... French fries...

• Haha 1

On Monday I ate mindfully.  It is Veteran's Day, and I am a Veteran.  Many people in our country feel that the best way to honor veterans is with free food.  I did partake of the free veterans food, but only enough to be full and happy.  That's a win.

I also exercised.  I did several sets of exercise, and in one of the sets I did two rounds with a 30 second rest.  Altogether it came to 5 min 30 sec.  I think if I can do that 3 to 5 times a day I'll be doing really well.  For this challenge I'm staying with my goal of at least one/day, but next challenge I might step it up.  We'll see how it goes.

That's 3 points so far this week.  Off to a good start!

On days like this I always like to point out that "Veteran's Day" has the same initials as "Valentine's Day".  Also, the same initials as "Venereal Disease".  I don't think that's a coincidence.

Happy VD everyone.

:-)

• Like 6

On Tuesday I did not eat mindfully.  I was doing okay until evening time, and then I got a little crazy with the candy.  Not too bad, really, but definitely not mindful.

I also did not exercise on Tuesday.  There wasn't any reason, except that every time I thought about it I decided to do something else instead.

No points for Tuesday, but today will be better.

The weather here has turned a bit nasty.  It's cold and there's snow.  I feel like we didn't have a proper autumn, we just went from summer to winter all at once.  Not very nice at all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Just remember, you cannot fail at mindful eating. You either eat mindfully or you learn.

That's true.  I'm definitely learning.

On Wednesday I did exercise.  I got in one double-round of dumbbell exercises. 

I did not eat mindfully.  I was fine all day, but after dinner I mindlessly plowed through a pile of halloween candy.

What I'm learning lately is that in the evening I have a much harder time being mindful.  I have not yet learned why or what to do about it.  I might consult the internets and see what it says.

In other news, I have subscribed to the Disney+ and have ordered a new TV for my children.  I'm spoiling them rotten and they certainly don't deserve it, but it gives them something to do on Saturday morning while my beautiful and slumbering wife and I are slumbering.

• Like 3

On Thursday I ate mindfully all day, including after dinner.  Big win.  I also exercised, one double round with the dumbbell.

I had to take Kari in for a tire, and had her oil changed at the same time.  It ate up way more of my day than I wanted it to, but I am thankful that I have a job now where I can take time to do those things during the day.  I have to be careful not to abuse the privilege, but as long as I'm getting my work done, I can make appointments and get things done pretty much whenever.  I think today I might take a long lunch and get a hair cut. 

I'm at 6 points so far this week.  I'm going to finish strong today and tomorrow.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Cheetah, great job!

How do you know when a tyre needs changing? Im worried my back one needs doing but not sure why haha xx

You should check the pressure of your tyres once per week.  Add air when needed.  The correct pressure is on a decal on your driver's door jamb.   You shouldn't need to replace them until the tread is worn most of the way down, something like 50k miles depending on the tyres.   If you take the car to a shop for regular maintenance, the mechanic can tell you,  but generally when the tread grooves are down to 1/4 inch you're getting close. 

• Like 1

On Friday and Saturday I exercised but did not eat mindfully. I've got 8 out of 14 points this week, but its 6 exercise and only two food.  

Saturday's exercise was a nice walk around the neighborhood,  which made me very happy. About 1.5 miles in 30 min,  and I took my son with me.  Good times!

I think I want to take a walk today too. 

I painted my basement yesterday.  All that's left is to glue down the tiles.  I might finish next weekend. 

• Like 2

Just been to the garage, got them to fill up tyre with air (i cant do it haha) and he checked the one i wondered about and says i have at least another 1000 miles to go xx

On Sunday I exercised.  I took another walk around the block.  I kept up about 3.5 mph for about 35 min.  Today my hip was a little complainy, but it's got better as the day has worn on.

On Sunday I also ate mindfully.  I think I might have found a solution to my ice cream problem.  I'm going to try ice cream bars.  I think maybe things that are individually portioned and wrapped can work for me.  It's worth a try, anyway.  I'll pick some up at the store tonight and report results here.

Today has been a bit meh.  Work is stressful, but I'm trying to not let it bother me too much.  An instructor called off so I'll have to work late tonight. 

• Like 2

On Monday I exercised.  I did two rounds of exercises in the morning.  I'm having a hard time remembering to do more exercises in the day and evening.  But I'm glad I did the one.

On Monday I also ate mindfully.  I had to work late and sometimes that causes me problems, but this time it was fine.

I'm 4 out of 4 points this week, so that's good!

I'm tired today.  I don't have any more thoughts than that; it's too early in the morning.

• Like 4

Well, I've been busy this week. 

Every day this week, including today, I have eaten mindfully.  My plan of having ice cream bars for desserts is working very well so far, so I'm going to stay with that for as long as it continues to work for me.

I have not exercised this week.  I'm not sure why; I seem to have developed a mental block against it. 

That ends the week at 9 of 14 points, but 7 of 7 mindful eating days, and I'm extremely pleased with that.

In other news, my basement is finished!  It's not clean, but the tile is down and things have been moved back into their proper places, which is very nice!  I'm really happy about that.

I think that's it for now.  Happy weekend!

• Like 4

On Sunday I ate mindfully.  This was a big win, because we had a Friendsgiving meal that was pretty excellent.  I only ate as much as it took to feel satisfied, and I was really happy with that.

I did not exercise on Sunday, but Sundays are like that.  Today I'm planning to take a walk because it's lovely outside.  I might also mow the lawn, depending on time and other factors.

I had to do a formal write-up on an employee today.  He took it well but I still didn't like doing it.  It wasn't totally his fault; I'm not sure that expectations were made very clear.  Mostly he's just not a natural at this, and it's been harder for him to figure out what he's doing.  But I think he'll get it eventually, and I'm hopeful that it will all work out.  I'd rather keep him than replace him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I had to do a formal write-up on an employee today.  He took it well but I still didn't like doing it.  It wasn't totally his fault; I'm not sure that expectations were made very clear.  Mostly he's just not a natural at this, and it's been harder for him to figure out what he's doing.  But I think he'll get it eventually, and I'm hopeful that it will all work out.  I'd rather keep him than replace him

That doesn't sound fun, but I bet it was easier for the employee taking a write up from a leader who wants to help an employee stick around (what you did) than from some jerk manager who was filling out a form.

• Like 1

On Monday I did not exercise or eat mindfully.  It wasn't a bad day; I only had one bowl of mindless chili, so I'm not bothered by it, but I'm trying to stay honest.  I totally could have stopped before the last bowl, I just didn't, I think out of habit and wanting to have something to munch while board gaming.

I played Memoir '44 for the first time, and it was a lot of fun.  I actually own Command and Colors: Ancients plus some expansions, but I haven't got it out of the box yet.  I'll have to try it some time soon.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

On Tuesday I ate mindfully but did not exercise.  On Wednesday I ate mindfully and also exercised.  Yay!

Brill Cheetah, doing really well ❤️ x

Wow, it's been a long time since I updated.  Oops.

Things have been very busy with the holidays.  I've been working on my house, getting the basement cleaned out and turned back into a usable space.  It's been fun, actually, and I'm almost done.  By the end of Christmas break I'll be finished with it.

I haven't exercised since my last update.

I have practiced mindful eating every day since then, which makes it a 7-day streak.  I'm very happy with this, especially considering that National Gluttony Day (or as I call it, Amateur Day) was included in that time.  I seem to have hit a stride with eating and I'm enjoying the feeling of being at peace with it.  Hopefully it will last a while.

I'll try to update more often; it helps me to keep track of myself.  I'm still using the Habit Bull app on my phone, but it's good for me to post it up here.

• Like 1

Week one was a disaster.

I didn't exercise or eat mindfully on Thursday or Friday or Saturday.

I'm trying to think about what I can learn.  On Thursday and Friday, my breakfast and lunch we're fine, but I ate way past being full at dinner.  I'm not really sure why.  Because I can, I guess?  That's not right either, though.  I can tell you one thing I learned, is that I don't like how I feel after eating that much.  I don't know how I used to live that way, but I was really uncomfortable after dinner both days.  Another thing I learned, or rather relearned, is that when I sit down to eat a meal, I really need to take my time.  Eating fast leads me to eat more than I need to be satisfied.  This is another lifetime habit that I'm undoing.

Today was better.  I ate mindfully.  I still didn't exercise.  I just don't want to.  I don't know what to do about that.

• Like 1