• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elennare

Elennare Moves

Despite my best efforts, I am sick. I can tell that by the time I get home (busy day at work, busy evening planned), I will have exactly zero energy left. So I am claiming today as a sick day. There's a good chance tomorrow will be as well, especially since we're all getting flu shots today. We thought the boys would freak out less if mom and dad got them first, and this is when we had the chance. Ugh, because I hate getting a flu shot when I'm already sick. But I need one and now is when I can do it.

17/33

• Sad 2

Well crap. I was on call yesterday. Got called in the middle of the afternoon, took care of the thing, and moved on with my day. Started getting ready for bed at a reasonable hour. Halfway through the hot tody, work called again because the job was back. And then while I was working on that one, another one came in! So I got to bed around 1am. I still feel like shit today, so looks like another day of doing nothing. This always happens. Just when I start getting on a roll with whatever healthy habit, I get sick and have to stop for several days. So frustrating.

17/31

• Sad 2

Hmm...might have put a little too much whisky in that hot today. Whoops.  

Yes, it's late, but since I spent most of the afternoon/early evening sleeping, I wasn't going to fall asleep until now anyway. Definitely feeling a bit better, except for the fact that the cold is currently trying to move into my chest.

Going to take a sick day tomorrow so I can lay around and hopefully kick this thing instead of pushing through it and being sick for a week.  

But uh, I had enough to drink that I'm lagging, which is making getting ready for bed a bit interesting. :D I will never understand the appeal of getting drunk. Not a thing for me.   Night everyone!

• Like 3

Boo to getting sick, and getting a flu shot at the same time. Glad it's starting to improve, and I am a HUGE advocate for self-care, so yay for calling out and taking care of you. Hope you feel better soon.

I agree with you on the getting drunk thing. I've never liked the feeling of being not-in-control-of-myself, so drinking never held any appeal. 

Yep, the cold has moved into my chest. Blarg. I can't breathe because I forgot to take mucinex this morning. Spent most of the day sitting around again, except for going out to sign some paperwork and to grab dinner. Oh yeah, and for a little bit of dancing with Little One standing on my feet, which I am totally counting as exercise for today because that seems like it's pretty good for a not feeling good day.

18/31

• Like 1

Worked from home yesterday.  Had enough trouble breathing that it seemed like just taking it easy was the right way to go.

18/30

Went in to work (at bit late) today.  Still not 100% sure that was the right choice.  I finally feel like I'm not sick any more, but I also have that not so great drained empty feeling you get sometimes after you've been sick for a while.  Probably going to take it easy again, but we'll see how I'm feeling later today.  Will update when I know if it'll be

18/29 or 19/30.

Edit: 19/30...sort of. I tried. Only got about half way around my building before I started coughing. So, I didn't *really* exercise, but I made an attempt at it and stopped because my body said I wasn't healthy enough. I'd say that counts because an attempt was made and I'm still a bit sick.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 11:04 PM, Elennare said:

a little bit of dancing with Little One standing on my feet, which I am totally counting as exercise for today because that seems like it's pretty good for a not feeling good day.

DEFINITELY.