Restart from last save point?

Chesire

As I'm wrapping up my PT and almost have clearance to use my shoulder again, I got to thinking about the last time I felt like I knew what was happening on a daily basis.  And, holy crap.  If we're talking about having order in my life and house then the answer is April.  Love the Little Black Dog, but figuring out each other and the time needed for a happy dog is demanding.  If we take in to account shoulder issues and adapting and limiting for that.... it's been a year.  A. Year.  What the what?!  So, I return to the last point where I felt like I knew how the game works.  

Last save point I had:

A cleaning plan for the house.  Not crazy, but not embarrassing if someone comes over.  

Contentedness.  Work, learning, and fitness had their time.

Fitness.  Had a plan that worked for me, sorta.  I recognize that isn't entirely true as I was adapting movement without knowing it, but it still counts.

The intent for this time through is use what I'd learned before and incorporate new aspects, seamlessly of course.

1.  clean house

-skills I forgot about:  Don't leave a room empty-handed.  Only need to spend 20 minutes per day actively cleaning, more only if desired.  Cleaning rota by room and day.  Do the dinner dishes for a nice start to the next day.  Leave aside the things MrC will do, I don't have to do everything.

M- vacuum and kitchen

T- mop and deep clean one room top to bottom- this will initially go longer than intended.  

W- dust and finish off deep clean if necessary 

Th- pick up bedrooms

F/S- living room

Theoretically the deep clean will be fairly quick once the rotation is settled.  But don't stress too much, it will get there.

deep clean rotation is: 1. bathroom and entry 2. living room 3. downstairs bedroom and hallway 4. upstairs bedroom and spare room

2.  fitness

-reorganize fitness for reset of basics and safe progression.  Don't rush it just because it is more exciting.

-learned I need to be sure to engage core properly while training upper back.

-PT assignments after discharge

-Don't forget STRETCHING

-drink minimum 2 liters water, beyond that can be no/low calorie or healthy beverages.  Use the water bottle that suits this easily.

-maybe get a massage monthly, duh

3.  happiness 

- walking and puppy love time.  usually 2-4miles daily

- continue learning French, German, knitting, crocheting, sewing.  

-use the sun lamp daily while caffeinating and appeasing Duolingo

-participate here regularly

- massage here too!

4.  Holiday readiness

-aka eat all the things season!

-decide on a Halloween costume.  Probably the Mad Hatter.  Witch also possible.  Work friendly necessary 

-Halloween movies and reading

-Thanksgiving plan; where are we going?  Are we staying home?  How will I balance nutrition leading up to it, because I will eat and eat some more.  

- ^^ ditto Christmas

Daily to-do list:

1. lamp, language

2. walk daily

3. strength 3 days/week, stretch 2 days- primarily learn how to fit this back in around the time requirements of dog walking

4. cleaning plan

5. 15 min or so crafty or reading or just sitting and releasing to relax

6. 15 min general dog care/training

7. PT assignments

8. dishes done

This shouldn't be to much time-wise.  As always, leave space to adapt as needed or ask for help. 

MrC tasks that I can ignore.  Empty dishwasher.  Put away clean pots and pans.  Fold laundry, usually.  Most outdoor tasks.  

• Like 5

Spent the weekend away, doing very little more than sitting and eating.  To be fair to myself, I did some learning and crafting too.

Ready to start this thing right.  Today I am the sort of person who walks a dog, does a careful form-check workout, vacuums and spends a few minutes cleaning the kitchen.

Drinking water hasn't been a challenge now that I found a good water bottle that I remember to bring with me.  

Still need to plan breakfast and lunch for the week.  Frittata and soup sound pretty easy.

Motivation to step away from the computer is hard today.  It's a good, grey day to stay lazy and snuggled up.  But here we go...  I mean it..

• Like 2

Just realized I need a mindset shift.  I've been thinking that I've been putting a lot of time in to my fitness and was concerned that it gets in the way of other things I need to do.  But that isn't right.  I've been thinking of dog walking as part of my fitness.  No, that is thing that must be done for doggy wellness, therefore putting an 45 or so into my workout when I get home is necessary, not "extra."

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Chesire said:

Just realized I need a mindset shift.  I've been thinking that I've been putting a lot of time in to my fitness and was concerned that it gets in the way of other things I need to do.  But that isn't right.  I've been thinking of dog walking as part of my fitness.  No, that is thing that must be done for doggy wellness, therefore putting an 45 or so into my workout when I get home is necessary, not "extra."

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to determine what is fitness time and what's other time. Sometimes it can also be useful to check how much time per day you spend on watching TV or aimlessly browsing. I think that for most of us, a lack of time is not really a problem, but a limited amount of "willpower" is ;).

Frittata and soup sounds good :). I also like stir-fry for dinner, since it's very quick.

• Like 2

Generally I'm satisfied with this challenge so far.  The daily to-do list isn't being tackled quite like a hoped, but definitely doing better.  And it is only the beginning of the challenge.  Most importantly, I've started the mental shift regarding dog walking, ie. it isn't me-time, it is a necessary daily task that happens to take longer than brushing teeth.

And something I've been looking forward to is finally imminent:  They are predicting snow!  I'm not a winter junkie.  About my only winter interests are warm blankets and snow shoeing.  But the Little Black Dog was a southern girl and has never seen snow and she is full of curiosity.  Can't wait to watch her figure it out.

• Like 1

Positive reinforcement for the win!  I thought I hadn't been making much headway with housecleaning since I haven't followed my schedule all that well.  But then!  MIL decides she will stop by for a visit.  Of course MrC says we don't need to clean "it's just mom."  Um....  she's my MIL, there will be judgment of my house keeping.  We are cleaning.  Cleaning really only turned out to be a quick de-clutter and vac!  And practically no stress!  This is exactly what my goal is for house cleaning.  It worked!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Chesire said:

Positive reinforcement for the win!  I thought I hadn't been making much headway with housecleaning since I haven't followed my schedule all that well.  But then!  MIL decides she will stop by for a visit.  Of course MrC says we don't need to clean "it's just mom."  Um....  she's my MIL, there will be judgment of my house keeping.  We are cleaning.  Cleaning really only turned out to be a quick de-clutter and vac!  And practically no stress!  This is exactly what my goal is for house cleaning.  It worked!

I'm the same, nobody's allowed in my house if it hasn't been vacuumed! Excellent work getting the house in order, it's so satisfying isn't it :D

• Like 1

I wish I has a good place to set up a sewing machine and what-not.  It all has to hang out on half the dining table, or more.  Usually more, because I get it into my head to make clothing and that needs space for pattern fitting.   I sound like I know what I'm talking about.  Hehe.. I'm more of an enthusiastic than skillful seamstress sewer.  (Too much DiscWorld)  You have to start somewhere though, and this one will hopefully be a comfortable dress for Thanksgiving.  

• Like 1

Bad head days.  I know it's mostly poor sleep, but if a project would go right, or MrC would do something besides work, come home, watch TV and sleep, and maybe take care of his damn dog, it'd be nice.  I briefly forgot we had a dog the other morning.  Was surprised by the unexpected black lump on the bed.  Was dismayed almost to tears that we have one and I need to arrange my day around walking her because it's cold and early dark now and then she bonds with me more, but I don't want all that doggy time.  I want to be dog-adjacent.  I like dogs.  I don't want to do all the work and be all the attention.  There is a dog in this house because he wanted one.

And why is fabric so unattractive and expensive?  Not my color or design season apparently.  I just want to be proud of one attempt.  just one.

Ugh. that is all.  I'm off to eat too much bacon or something.

So this was my first not-really-successful challenge.  Not a failure, but bleh.  Energy vampires stealing my mojo

To recap:

Daily to-do list:

1. lamp, language- language yes, lamp erratic follow through- C

2. walk daily- even in the frigid rain, done- A+

3. strength 3 days/week, stretch 2 days- primarily learn how to fit this back in around the time requirements of dog walking- that third day is rough for strength. stretching?  a bit, I guess, when the discomfort was significant enough- C+

4. cleaning plan-  it isn't a pig sty, but that's just luck- D

5. 15 min or so crafty or reading or just sitting and releasing to relax- learned some more about pattern fitting, but consciously relaxing wasn't a thing- B

6. 15 min general dog care/training- did some but not diligently - C

7. PT assignments- strength yes, forgot about the stretching part. - C

8. dishes done-  at least this is a yes! only missed one night- A

I think I need to track whether I'm eating enough.  That might help my energy.  But I haven't really lost weight, so I don't think it's that. Sleep isn't an issue.  Water might be part of it, but I think I've been on top of that mostly.   At least mental health has been pretty good most days, even when I've been dragging butt.