Ye Slightly Spooky Ranger Guild Hall [General Chat]

RES

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcX_FxOr888lcdDcu9s2h

Welcome to the Ranger Guild Hall, where despite its relative newness, it seems to be taking on the attributes fitting for the season as it is known to do.

Come pull up a chair at the bar, by the fire, or in one of the multiple corners that always seem to appear as needed. The bartender will have your order ready momentarily, probably before you know what you want. 

• Like 4

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Well well well, here we are again. First round's on the chaplain!

shiner-oktoberfest.jpg

• Like 6

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

hero_414x690.jpeg

I'll have my usual...heavy on the Irish...

• Like 6

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Warm Butterbeer... and a bottle of ice cold 소주, if you please, yes, plum flavoured...

:really drinking cinnamon infused coffee with coconut cream: but I did recently try plum soju, and LOVE it.

I'll be near my hearth this challenge
d32a5164ce3a00ea23b3cc4e04a45643.gif

Mixing all kinds of things...
428593f464ee8be4ccf22bb729d3805f.jpg
almost all kinds.

d086f7e08b5a57d5dd00ce7ff0738f99.gif
a2c480090cc9905db09a7a86f36596ff.gif

send from my phone, bear with me.

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

2 hours ago, Morag said:

I'm reading this post While Sra. Tanque is watching a documentary on K-Pop.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I need a drink after watching the elections today.  Thick mead is my drink of choice.

image.jpeg.6df5f2f6a75bb370f7041a492e8a9a7f.jpeg

(Only Canadian elections, so not as exciting as in other countries I'm sure.  But still somewhat stressful.)

• Like 5

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

17 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'm still struggling with a messy stomach, so I'll skip drinks. Here's Jason Momoa with a kitty instead

That's even more refreshing. 

And the stomach still playing up? Sounds like a bug to me, feel better soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

7 hours ago, Quirky Quinn said:

Coffee>Alcohol for me a the moment

Always true for me as well...though I do indulge I'd pick coffee every time if made to choose!

• Like 1

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Morag said:

Is it sad I knew instantly this was BTS

It's sad isn't it ;_____;

giphy.gif

Also that coffee up there looks really good, I've been into chai lately now that the weather is cooling down, so...

Lucuma%20Chai%20Latte-WEB_999.jpg

• Like 4

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

12 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'm still struggling with a messy stomach, so I'll skip drinks. Here's Jason Momoa with a kitty instead

jason-momoa-magazine-cover-cat-photoshoo

that cat is going home with him. you know it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

9 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

that cat is going home with him

Well, If he'd hold me like that, I would. 

• Like 5

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

I don't know if I am challenging this time but I got some good medical news today so Soldiers of Fortune next round is on me!

(domestic only, don't be savages)

• Like 11

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

17 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

that cat is going home with him. you know it.

And his two dogs will love the cat and the three of them will become best friends immediately.

What? It could happen.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

18 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

Coffee is what I need

I haven't had any today and no one is more shocked than I am

• Like 3

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

18 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I haven't had any today and no one is more shocked than I am

I'd be shocked, but that would just take way too much effort t right now...

• Like 3

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

8 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

I'd be shocked, but that would just take way too much effort t right now...

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

"I'll take whatever you give me, barkeep. We all know you know what I need better than I do."  He smiles and hands Rho a large glass. 

"WATER? Point taken. And... thanks." 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

The new Darebee PVP Challenge has been posted! If you're a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, enjoy the Darebee daily dares, or just want to compete against some fellow rebels in a challenge that is easy to squeeze into the rest of your schedule, come join us!

• Like 3

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Hey hey -

Random thought on my way home from work - do we have a Nerd Fitness Discord channel at all?  I know we do - or used to - have a Facebook group message thing but Facebook is evil and run by lizard people (the bad ones, not the good ones).........

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

»  kom starkru

I'm not a very good nerd, what is discord?

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Also wondering... have other Rangers suddenly started getting a digital pat down when entering the forums? Just in the past couple days so wondering if it is something new. Or maybe I'm looking extra shifty...

• Like 2

― Neil Gaiman