Ye Slightly Spooky Ranger Guild Hall [General Chat]

RES

HI GUYS I'M STILL ALIVE &C

- MENTAL HEALTH IS GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME 

- SCHOOL IS GOING MUCH BETTER THIS SEMESTER

- I'M MARRIED NOW

ALSO I SAW A MENTION OF BTS I LOVE BTS AAAH

ALSO ALSO I SAW A MENTION OF DISCORD I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A DISCORD CHAT WITH YOU GUYS I'M ON DISCORD LIKE BASICALLY ALL THE TIME IF ANYONE WANTS TO CHAT W/ ME HMU WE CAN SWAP USERNAMES OR WHATEVER

ALSO ALSO ALSO I LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU SO MUCH MAYBE SOMEDAY I WILL HAVE THE ENERGY TO BE MORE INVOLVED HERE LIKE I USED TO BE

<3<3<3

:)

• Like 7
On 11/2/2019 at 10:57 PM, fitnessgurl said:

AOL chat rooms! I remember those. I hung out at The Red Dragon Inn. :)

That makes 3 of us!!  Oh lord the old Roleplay days ahahaha WHAT A WORLD

51 minutes ago, Shadri said:

HI GUYS I'M STILL ALIVE &C

- MENTAL HEALTH IS GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME 

- SCHOOL IS GOING MUCH BETTER THIS SEMESTER

- I'M MARRIED NOW

ALSO ALSO I SAW A MENTION OF DISCORD I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A DISCORD CHAT WITH YOU GUYS I'M ON DISCORD LIKE BASICALLY ALL THE TIME IF ANYONE WANTS TO CHAT W/ ME HMU WE CAN SWAP USERNAMES OR WHATEVER

ALSO ALSO ALSO I LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU SO MUCH MAYBE SOMEDAY I WILL HAVE THE ENERGY TO BE MORE INVOLVED HERE LIKE I USED TO BE

<3<3<3

SHADRIIIIIIII I <3 YOU IT'S SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU

WHY IS MY FONT WEIRD NOW IDK

MY DISCORD NAME IS Sami#6248 AND I LIVE THERE TOO THANKS TO RUNNING MY FFXIV FC ALSO I'D BE HAPPY TO SET UP A NF SERVER IF THAT'S A THING WE WANTED TO DO BUT I'M IN NO POSITION OF POWER SO

phew ok all good <3

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

1 hour ago, shaar said:

MY DISCORD NAME IS Sami#6248 AND I LIVE THERE TOO THANKS TO RUNNING MY FFXIV FC ALSO I'D BE HAPPY TO SET UP A NF SERVER IF THAT'S A THING WE WANTED TO DO BUT I'M IN NO POSITION OF POWER SO

phew ok all good <3

Yes, please! I'm in too!! I'm Morag#5922 on discord. If we do such a thing, we could even hang out on discord voice comms... I could hear your peeps voices! How awesome would that be... and initially scary.

28 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

Wow! Yep, what fun! Lol! 

2 hours ago, Shadri said:

- I'M MARRIED NOW

<3<3<3

Heartiest congratulations on being married now!

Also yay BTS WOOOOT

Also also, love the discord idea.

Also also also I am so much in the same boat, I can't even express in words how much!

Love you guys!!! RANGERS!

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

italy-starbucks-ap-ml-180906_hpEmbed_23x

Work has been super super 90-miles-an-hour stressful recently. This week it let up. I want to faceplant into whatever this coffee/chocolate/warm goodness is.

Also, I don't have a challenge up yet, but I have goals, so I may go ahead and post.

• Like 5

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

1 hour ago, shaar said:

SHADRIIIIIIII I <3 YOU IT'S SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU

WHY IS MY FONT WEIRD NOW IDK

phew ok all good <3

<3<3<3<3<3 HI SHAAR

You should totally make a server!!!

30 minutes ago, Morag said:

Yes, please! I'm in too!! I'm Morag#5922 on discord. If we do such a thing, we could even hang out on discord voice comms... I could hear your peeps voices! How awesome would that be... and initially scary.

Also yay BTS WOOOOT

Also also also I am so much in the same boat, I can't even express in words how much!

Voice chat would be awesome!!

Thank you!!

WOOOT

Yeah life is hard to balance right now but I love y'all so I'll do my best to come back when I can :panda: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

italy-starbucks-ap-ml-180906_hpEmbed_23x

Work has been super super 90-miles-an-hour stressful recently. This week it let up. I want to faceplant into whatever this coffee/chocolate/warm goodness is.

Yes please big same!!! IDK what that is but I want one toooo.........

4 hours ago, Morag said:

Also yay BTS WOOOOT

3 hours ago, Shadri said:

<3<3<3<3<3 HI SHAAR

You should totally make a server!!!

Voice chat would be awesome!!

Thank you!!

WOOOT

Yeah life is hard to balance right now but I love y'all so I'll do my best to come back when I can :panda: 

I am a chatty bean on voice chat! *^_^*

Perhaps with Sir @Tanktimus the Encourager's blessing we could open a server! ( I am but a peasant that doesn't want to step on NF's toes but I would totally assist in doing such a thing if deemed worthy~)

Also accurate:

tenor.gif?itemid=9157372

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

21 minutes ago, shaar said:

Also accurate:

tenor.gif?itemid=9157372

HOW DID YOU GET FOOTAGE OF ME

• Haha 5

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 44

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Pilgrim's Progress (32%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

2 hours ago, shaar said:

Perhaps with Sir @Tanktimus the Encourager's blessing we could open a server! ( I am but a peasant that doesn't want to step on NF's toes but I would totally assist in doing such a thing if deemed worthy~)

Nothing in the rules says you can't. My only concern is that a discord server would decrease traffic here on the forums in the general chat threads and such, but I don't know if that's a good enough reason not to do it.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Nothing in the rules says you can't. My only concern is that a discord server would decrease traffic here on the forums in the general chat threads and such, but I don't know if that's a good enough reason not to do it.

If the t-shirts policy is anything to go by, as long as you're not making money out of the NF name/logo/whatever, you should be cool. Other than that, I share the above concern. Not just decrease traffic, but probably also create some content (incidents, discussions, jokes, references etc) that non-discord users might not get. It comes with the territory, sure, but for my $0.02 it appears the Rebellion is already spread out pretty thin between Camp, Facebook groups, the Academy and the forums. Not saying I'm against it, especially since I'm running a D&d game for some fellow Rangers on discord, that would be hypocritical on top of everything, but I do have a similar experience from past forums falling to such change, especially since social media became a thing and people took their forum interactions to Facebook groups and such.

Mandatory gif:

source.gif

• Like 6
5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Not saying I'm against it, especially since I'm running a D&d game for some fellow Rangers on discord, that would be hypocritical on top of everything, but I do have a similar experience from past forums falling to such change, especially since social media became a thing and people took their forum interactions to Facebook groups and such.

I lost a forum that way. What little is left of that community now lives on Discord. All nine of us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

In my journaling today, my prompt was trading. So I'm going to ask you rangers the question I asked myself. 

What one thing that you do currently would you trade so you could make your life better?

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

1 hour ago, fitnessgurl said:

What one thing that you do currently would you trade so you could make your life better?

Define "trade"?

I look at my life, and I see a ton of things that I need to change, that would improve my quality of life. But trading means giving it up to get something else. I'm not sure how that would work.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

8 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Define "trade"?

I look at my life, and I see a ton of things that I need to change, that would improve my quality of life. But trading means giving it up to get something else. I'm not sure how that would work.

Trade: give up one thing that holds you back in life for one thing that will propel you forward.

Example: trade 1 unhealthy food for a healthy food or trade 1/2 hour of gaming for 1/2 hour of reading something inspiring.

• Like 2

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

2 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Trade: give up one thing that holds you back in life for one thing that will propel you forward.

Example: trade 1 unhealthy food for a healthy food or trade 1/2 hour of gaming for 1/2 hour of reading something inspiring.

Ah, that makes sense. And that's easy. Trade soda/soft drinks for seltzer waters. :)

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

21 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

In my journaling today, my prompt was trading. So I'm going to ask you rangers the question I asked myself. 

The devil on my shoulder tells me that I need all my current sins. So no open trades...

• Haha 4

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

On 11/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

If the t-shirts policy is anything to go by, as long as you're not making money out of the NF name/logo/whatever, you should be cool.

Wait. You're talking I can make my own NF t-shirt with logo and stuff and only requirement is not to sell it (I mean I can freely make one for myself instead of purchasing original merch)?

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

11 hours ago, aramis said:

Wait. You're talking I can make my own NF t-shirt with logo and stuff and only requirement is not to sell it (I mean I can freely make one for myself instead of purchasing original merch)?

I'm not sure on the details of that story, since the logo is probably copyright protected and trademarked and all, but yeah in theory you could, just like you could print your own shirt bearing anyone's logo and they probably won't sue you since you used your own money and did not sell it to a third party. However, and I'll think most people here will agree, NF has had a huge impact on our lives and though it's free to use (and ad free to boot!) we'll still take the few chances we get to support them with actual cash as a small thank you, whether that means buying merch, Steve's book or one of the programs like NF Yoga.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1