Ye Slightly Spooky Ranger Guild Hall [General Chat]

RES

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'm not sure on the details of that story, since the logo is probably copyright protected and trademarked and all, but yeah in theory you could, just like you could print your own shirt bearing anyone's logo and they probably won't sue you since you used your own money and did not sell it to a third party. However, and I'll think most people here will agree, NF has had a huge impact on our lives and though it's free to use (and ad free to boot!) we'll still take the few chances we get to support them with actual cash as a small thank you, whether that means buying merch, Steve's book or one of the programs like NF Yoga.

Could you post a link to the store? Went on a search; but the link I found did not work; so maybe they're doing business with someone else? I would love a shirt or jacket.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

2 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Could you post a link to the store? Went on a search; but the link I found did not work; so maybe they're doing business with someone else? I would love a shirt or jacket.

They are in the process of changing vendors again.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

11 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

we'll still take the few chances we get to support them

Sure, I agree in 100%. Just was curious about your earlier reply and "t-shirt policy" you mentioned. 

• Like 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

13 hours ago, aramis said:

Sure, I agree in 100%. Just was curious about your earlier reply and "t-shirt policy" you mentioned. 

If I remember the story correctly, some nerds wanted to print out custom t-shirts for some race they were running as a team, or something like that. Think they were asking if it was ok to use the NF logo as part of the design. Not sure of the answer that was officially given, but I do remember a part about it "not being ok if you're making money out of it" and mentions of "having issues with people in the past who made money off selling t-shirts with the NF insignia on them".

Also, shamelessly plugging this shirt that @Starpuck put together

• Like 5

a remarkably long stick - possibly two or three stuck together - slowly slides across the guildhall floor from the open doorway

in the end is a net bag.

on it is a note.

"Still possibly contagious. Please fill with fresca and emergen-c. DJ"

Once filled, the net/stick combo is withdrawn, and the sound of coughing retreats to the forest.

The bartender smartly wipes the floor with hand sanitizer.

• Like 8

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

20 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

DC gets up. Takes aim. And hucks a JetBoil and some tea into the darkness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

Allright everyone! Heal Spells into the forest in the direction of that stick!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

aramis picks brass orb from his bag, jerks lawnmower-style starter and the orbs wakes up to life as a semi-sentient flying garden sprayer. 

"Now, my sweet, we will fill you with more of that fresca... and and some spirits. For medical reasons." he whispers while catching eye contact with barkeep. After a while and some glasses poured into the orb the flying contraption leaves guildhall in general direction of distant coughing...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Morag grabs a small piece of folded cloth from her hip pocket, unfolds it, toes her shoes off, draws her legs up into a crosslegged seat and holds the slightly wrinkly handkerchief-like cloth in her hands. She closes her eyes and for quite a while nothing happens.

Then a soft glow, like moonlight, collects in her hands and the cloth starts to move on its own. Wrinkles dissipate, folds appear, it takes a while. Slowly the cloth folds itself into an origami butterfly. And still it glows just a bit. After sitting on her hand for another number of breaths the moonlit butterfly shakes its wings out. First shakily, then with a bit more confidence. Then the butterfly gingerly hops into the air, flapping its wings with remarkable enthusiasm and just like that it flies out the door and into the cool night air after a ranger in quarantine to deliver its healing magic.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

GoodDoug gets up wearily, tries to not look like he is showing off his Healers Brigade badge to everyone and stomps out towards the forest with a supply of echinacea and goldenseal.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

On 11/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

If I remember the story correctly, some nerds wanted to print out custom t-shirts for some race they were running as a team, or something like that. Think they were asking if it was ok to use the NF logo as part of the design. Not sure of the answer that was officially given, but I do remember a part about it "not being ok if you're making money out of it" and mentions of "having issues with people in the past who made money off selling t-shirts with the NF insignia on them".

Also, shamelessly plugging this shirt that @Starpuck put together

I asked the question (for the Tough Mudder we ran in Ireland actually), and yeah the e-mail I got back was that if we wanted to run as Team Nerd Fitness that was fine, and if we wanted to print our own t-shirts that was fine. It came with a warning not to use sites like Redbubble to print them, as then you could be making money off the NF logo.

This was a couple of years ago though, and when I asked a similar question for the OCR World Championships I didn't get a response, so if anyone's thinking of printing t-shirts/using the name it would probably be better to ask in each case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

On 11/12/2019 at 12:45 PM, DJtrippyT said:

Fitnessgurl puts on her cloak & heads into the forest with a goodly supply of fire cider.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Happy Good News Friday!

My entry: a chinook has blown in so it will be sunny and warm all weekend  and I am going for my first ever group run on Sunday. 

What's your good news this Friday?

• Like 4

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

22 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Happy Good News Friday!

My entry: a chinook has blown in so it will be sunny and warm all weekend  and I am going for my first ever group run on Sunday. 

What's your good news this Friday?

I am feeling human again thanks to all the Ranger and Scout healing spells thrown my way ;-)

(plus 900 gallons of hot tea, fire cider, and other potions generously shared)

• Like 9

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

1 hour ago, DJtrippyT said:

I am feeling human again thanks to all the Ranger and Scout healing spells thrown my way ;-)

(plus 900 gallons of hot tea, fire cider, and other potions generously shared)

I think we may have accidentally brought back a couple of extinct species with all the background healing energy sent into the forest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think we may have accidentally brought back a couple of extinct species with all the background healing energy sent into the forest.

Let’s hope it’s the nine-foot carnivorous penguins and not

A918AF2B-3833-4FCE-AB0D-3D276F8059E6.jpeg

• Like 3

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

9 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Trippy, where's your sense of adventure.

• Haha 4

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

21 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

[...]

12 hours ago, deftona said:

Trippy, where's your sense of adventure.

Rainger Brain says: "Why not both?"

Love you guys!

• Like 5

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

On 11/16/2019 at 11:26 PM, DJtrippyT said:

What's the difference (except color)? 

• Like 1

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

On 11/16/2019 at 10:26 PM, DJtrippyT said:

Yeah, because 9 foot carnivorous penguins don't sound like a problem at all.

I hope it's veloceraptors. As in the real-life ones which were chicken sized; they sound cool.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

9 hours ago, aramis said:

What's the difference (except color)? 

One can be fed four-foot sardines, and the other... can also be fed giant sardines, I suppose. I've never really asked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

5 hours ago, Jarric said:

I hope it's veloceraptors. As in the real-life ones which were chicken sized; they sound cool.

Didn't they climbed trees and dive bomb their prey?

Because that only sounds cool if it happens to other people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

The small Ranger comes skidding into the Guildhall with hair and cape flying, barely making it through the door before whirling and slamming it shut behind her, gasping for breath and wide-eyed with panic.

"I heard about @DJtrippyT and - I was on my way to bring some healing powers for her - but this - this thing!" She spreads her hands wider than her shoulders, squints, and spreads them wider. "This thing! This big, I mean! It jumped - it jumped out of the tree!"

@Sloth the Enduring does not look up from his mug and waves a hand dismissively. "It was just the tiny dinosaurs. Don't worry about it."

Sky stands very still, her head slowly tilting toward her shoulder as her eyes grow somehow even wider. "Did - did you say -"

An ominous crash splits the air outside the Guildhall. In the distance, there are shrill screams.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 44

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Pilgrim's Progress (32%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan