Ye Slightly Spooky Ranger Guild Hall [General Chat]

RES

[crawls in the now open window and starts snatching sausages from @GoodDoug's plate]

Two weeks of nyquil made me really hungry, what? I have no idea what to do with that dinosaur thing, I'm a cat person. Also, I have someone's jetboil 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

For a moment I thought there was no page 5...

My brain is weird atm... but upon checking, it turns out there is a page 5, just no direct button to it in that display... all is well.

Morag, btw, is nowhere to be seen, she watched the initial takedown of the dino, then vanished into the forest to look for more of the creatures somewhere undisturbed by even the most stealthy Rangers.

20191122_225820.jpg

• Like 4

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

19 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

[crawls in the now open window and starts snatching sausages from @GoodDoug's plate

Have as much as you want. They are made from dinosaur meat, so lots of good protein 

• Haha 3

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

2 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Have as much as you want. They are made from dinosaur meat, so lots of good protein 

Wait. Where did you get that dinosaur meat, exactly?

source.gif 

• Haha 5

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 44

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Pilgrim's Progress (32%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

12 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Scalyfreak spins on the bar stool, staring at @GoodDoug. "I'm eating a dinosaur?!"

She stares at the sausages on her plate. "It's delicious! Are these scrambled dodo bird eggs too?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Scalyfreak spins on the bar stool, staring at @GoodDoug. "I'm eating a dinosaur?!"

She stares at the sausages on her plate. "It's delicious! Are these scrambled dodo bird eggs too?"

Ah yes, the temporal flux. You have got to try some of the bartender's 3247 Cabernat Sauvignon. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ah yes, the temporal flux. You have got to try some of the bartender's 3247 Cabernat Sauvignon. 

"Sold." Scalyfreak turns expectantly towards the bartender, indicating with gestures that she wants a glass of wine.

Ten minutes later, Scalyfreak is comfortably settled by the fire with a glass of the 3247 Cab Suav in one hand, and a book on demon fighting tactics in the other. "I need to go on vacations here more often..."   

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hmm, I've never been a fan of Cabernet Sauvignon.

Bartender, what other temporally confused delights do you have?

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

On 11/23/2019 at 12:03 AM, Morag said:

For a moment I thought there was no page 5...

My brain is weird atm... but upon checking, it turns out there is a page 5, just no direct button to it in that display... all is well.

It's how the forum code works, compressing the pages in the middle with no direct links in order to avoid a looooooooooooong line of links (imagine what a 35+ page thread would look like)

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

It's how the forum code works, compressing the pages in the middle with no direct links in order to avoid a looooooooooooong line of links (imagine what a 35+ page thread would look like)

I understand that. My tired mind just went from "huh, page 5 is missing" to "It's the Rangers Forum. The odd is normal here." Completely bypassing the whole "maybe there is a page 5, it just isn't displayed" that last one took MINUTES to even pop up. At all.

Just thought it funny how weird my mind is, so I shared it.

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

2 hours ago, Morag said:

I understand that. My tired mind just went from "huh, page 5 is missing" to "It's the Rangers Forum. The odd is normal here." Completely bypassing the whole "maybe there is a page 5, it just isn't displayed" that last one took MINUTES to even pop up. At all.

Just thought it funny how weird my mind is, so I shared it.

I feel like I have made that same mistake before, where I had to actually think about it for a sec to try and understand why we had somehow skipped five. At that point I came to the conclusion I just needed more sleep.

• Like 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 11 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Happy Thanksgiving to the American Rangers. This is a really good article on Thanksgiving eating (can be applied to Christmas too) It's a different take then most diet articles, from an angle that I really appreciated-sort of fits in with Intuitive Eating(I think)

https://www.losestubbornfat.com/thanksgiving-how-to-manage-diet-thoughts/?fbclid=IwAR0rW2oE67MMIMeOQO61mz5kWQPeOvrpJf6TqwmbHcDWEszK6fFjUoA_NTA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien