• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck Returns to UA Academy

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

wow, the kinds of things you do when you have the house to yourself are starkly different to the kinds of things i do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So.   I had two weeks to just 'not eat like a dick' and see if that was going to work.   I didn't pull it off.    I don't want to say the lack of routine is a good excuse for it, because it's not.  But I also wonder if the lack of calorie counting too often lets my brain go "You've been fine - just have it'.    So.   As much as I don't want to do this at all, I am going to.  Because I said that's what I was going to do.

Ugh.   Back to MFP for a bit.

This nonfat latte from McD's better not be a calorie bomb lol!

• Like 2

Sometimes you need to put yourself on time out

I know tracking isn't for everyone, but it really helps me. It definitely has a wag the dog effect in that I will often convince myself to not eat something so I don't have to shamefully enter it into my calorie counter. And, yeah, I know self shame maybe isn't the healthiest way to self regulate, but... sometimes you gotta put yourself in time out.

I do like that you focussed on the positives earlier, I find that the one two punch of celebrating my wins and berating myself for losses can inch me towards the correct path.

And that video is unbearably cute

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but it does seem like calorie tracking really works well for you. As dull as doing it is, I think you'll get good results with it again.

• Like 2

I haven't really gotten the wagon back on the path.  Or maybe the wagon is on a path, but the horse isn't... something.

Work is being ridiculous.  Bad bad bad ridiculous.   Busy!   With complicated things.   And then fires and hot rushes, same day massive deliveries and mistakes that need to be corrected.   It is making me desperately short on the willpower to put effort into things I am not in the greatest mental space for.   IE.   Tracking.    So, we're going to try and just pull back on the reins without bringing the horses to a rearing stop.

Things going well.

I have 3 workouts done.  2 strength days and the snow shoveling which is like cardio-strength I suppose.

Tomorrow will be a run and Saturday a dance.   That'll net me two weeks in a row that I actually register 5 'active days' on Fitbit.   This is an improvement of 150%  -- I'll take it.

Having the house to myself has been sooo awesome.   I've gotten into a place where I mentally and emotionally feel good being able to live entirely on my own...

-- which is a double edged sword, as I am not ready to make the big push on home ownership.     But this 2 week stint has me SO jonesing for it, that it might help support me past my comfort zones.

Things needing work.

I am addicted to Northgard.   I gotta slow my roll on this.  

I am not art-ing at all.    This is from a combined bit of the above issue, and the lost confidence for being out of practice with it.

Food tracking.

An even split is better than sitting at the starting line still.    I keep having moments of great inspiration - that take place at work between 1-3pm.  When I leave work (5pm is pitch black because I am on the most eastern edge of central time zone... ugh.) it zaps all get up and go.       To counter this, I need to plot my at home projects to be done during the days on the weekends maybe.  Which means telling friends that I have a black out time between say 9am-2pm that I need to get my stuff done.    This sounds reasonable on paper.  So I'll try it starting next week.  

This weekend is so jammed already.

Saturday morning, ALL morning, sisters hair appts between 9-1pm.  (Cuts and colors.)

Come home for a bit, then at 5:30- we all head out to see American English with my nephews and fam.

Sunday is church, some down time, then D&D.

original.gif?t=1541924328

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I have 3 workouts done.  2 strength days and the snow shoveling which is like cardio-strength I suppose.

Tomorrow will be a run and Saturday a dance.   That'll net me two weeks in a row that I actually register 5 'active days' on Fitbit.   This is an improvement of 150%  -- I'll take it.

Given how busy you've been, that's a good achievement. Here's hoping that work returns to merely sensible levels of busy.

• Like 1

sorry to double post, but I was wondering...  would you do a drawing on commission?  The drawing would be captioned, 

"Oh, bother." said Pooh, while he affixed his bayonet. 

There are pictures you can find of Pooh with a pop gun, so if you could draw one of him snapping a bayonet on his pop gun, perhaps with an expression of quiet resolve, that would be amazing. 

Happy Monday!

A meh check in.

Guys... I just have nothing in my tanks!   It's so frustrating.   I don't wanna be fat and lazy, but everything just takes so much effort lately.   I am tired, drowsy, moody, sad, bleh.  In the last 37 days, we have had just 4 days of sun.   That certainly doesn't help.    I can't shake the funk.    Last year's Gloom Monster is nothing compared to this years, and it's kicking my ass.

092d50fe97e22d236f698924f344c470.png

I am doing terribly at keeping up here, or anywhere for that matter.    Even things I like, and want to do, seem to be an effort now.   Arrrggh.    My sleep has sucked.   Everything is just out of freaking order and I can't seem to get the pieces sorted so the puzzle can take better shape again.

My hip is still not right but I've just been living through it.  /shrug    Resting it and treating it weren't making it any better, and for the most part, exercise is not making it any worse.    So I figured I need to get back on that wagon first.  It's my easiest first step.    I am still seeing the chiro with it, so it's not like I'm being dumb.  But I am just not babying it fully now.

I am wondering if I need to quit stuff... like.    My 'boredom' mode sends me to FB, Twitter, etc.   Maybe I should back off on those things.    And my video games addiction.   I need to get back into the rule of Must Do's before Want Do's.    Trouble with that is my Northgard partner has to be in bed by 8:30 so I need to, on our prescribed Monday night, play first, then shift to art.   This is a thing that can be done.    (Right now the trend has been finish our co-op game, then do a solo by myself.   No more of that.)

DM'ing is something I love - and my games have long enough gaps that I just need to find a good pattern of how best to prep for it.    I've been getting back to the hockey rink.  (Skated two weeks ago, and skating this Sat.) so that's fine.    Sigh.   I need to keep pushing myself outside the comfort zone here.    Or it will shrink to a point that I suffocate myself.  

Been trying to track this week.    Did great on Monday, did track on Tuesday but was 400 cals over.  (still under maintenance though I suppose)   Today back on it.    Worked out on M, rested yesterday (mega sore) and hitting the weights today.    Will have 5 workouts in this week so long as I don't laze out.    Last week I had 4.   Week before 5.  Sooo, kinda getting back to it.

I also think I need to reorganize my bedroom.   I think if I do a purge/clean I might feel more in control of stuff.   Also, I need to get back in the habit of having my bujo OUT and in use so it's not last minute 'oh shit I gotta do that'.

Art hasn't been happening.    I need to get back on that too - which is hard because I am rusty and I suck at it .

(OMG GUYS, I AM SORRY I AM SO GLOOMY) I am like Wallace from Bee and Puppycat!   Sorry!

giphy.gif

I need to get over this hump.    I WILL get over this hump.       I might just have to ... right the ship now, and really nail it next challenge.   

(Thanksgiving next week, and my b-day is on Black Friday.  Plus I run my D&D game on the 30th and will be going out for b-day foods before hand.   No point in starting next week.   I will just say that I will be SOLID all week, but enjoy Thursday and Saturday as special days.)

• Like 1

You are not fat and lazy! You have been working out super hard at work. Also, I get the gloom monster. It is really hard when it is dark all the time. It helps me to realize that I do scale it back some in the winter. In summer, I am super energized with all the sunlight. Winter is a cozier time, and slower. Maybe putting a little less expectation on what you will accomplish, will actually help you to do more

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Last year's Gloom Monster is nothing compared to this years, and it's kicking my ass.

Looks like we need to all come together to beat this Gloom Monster. I have a big sword and am this week learning to be an Assassin, so count me in for this boss fight (don't stand in the fire!) ;) 

• Like 1