aramis becomes Bob the Builder

aramis

23 hours ago, Salinger said:

Wabi Sabi

Yes, that was my inspiration.

And yes, Monday was quite good day. As it's our "Independence Day" it was free from work, so it felt like another Sunday (Groundhog Day anyone?). 

Week 3, Monday (Nov. 11th)

Building self-esteem:

My "Things done good" list:

- got out of bed on first alarm,

- morning stretching, 

- took my vitamins, readied some for A.,

- made coffee for A., 

- made breakfast for A. and boys, 

- did the dishes, 

- managed boys (A. was learning stuff for Thu-Wed audit)

- made dinner for family, I ate leftovers from day before,

- did some dishes again,

- managed boys again,

- actively watched them playing Lego StarWars,

- did my workout when they watched cartoons,

- made supper for boys, put them to beds (A. read them stories) and kept them company till they fell asleep, 

- tracked all food in app,

- readied coffee maker for the morning.

List of skills/abilities:

- I can speak second language (English) communicatively. 

- I'm active volunteer firefighter, (squad leader, power equipment operator and first-contact paramedic).

- I can repair lots of things, from broken toys to household appliances or even car engine.

- I can cook. 

- I probably got rusty on this one, but I used to be quite decent Game Master. 

- I can make a knife from scratch.

- I have very Rangery knowledge (lots of things from various areas) I can use in unusual conditions.

- I can make a book (journal, notebook etc) from scratch - sew the text block, make a hardcover and cover it in leather or canvas (with decorations like corner pieces, embossing etc), or replace existing cover on book for more decorative one. 

- I can start the fire with a single match, lighter or ferrocerium rod. I know the theory of starting it with a lens and with primitive means (bow drill, pump drill, fire plough etc.).

- I can make simple wooden furniture (bed, table, shelf etc.).

- I can sew by hand and with sewing machine. Nothing fancy, but enough to repair clothes or make bedclothes.

- I can fight in an infantry unit with a pole arm like glaive or guisarme and a tower shield. I know the drill and commands of 14th century german-type infantry. 

- I am pretty good with computers - both software (Windows based - sorry, I'm a peasant) and hardware.

- I can fix cracked ceramic / pottery.

- I can operate manual (non-CNC) metalworking lathe and have some basic experience with tool blade geometry, choosing parameters etc.

Building bond:

Spent lots of time with boys. We did various things - I did some tactile exercises with Ant., we played Lego, boys created for me a library of their books and magazines i could "buy" etc. Even invited them to help me with cooking a bit. I kept my cool all the time, which is nice. 

Building quality time

A. was so stressed out by the audit we didn't managed to spend time together at all. We planned to watch some movie in the evening, but it ended in A. ironing her shirts till 9:30pm when we just went to bed, cuddled a bit and fell asleep.

Building strength

First try on modified back workout - I replaced face pulls and trap raises for hanging knee raises. I think the deal is good, as I dropped isolated moves for one bigger, compound move that targets shoulders/arms/upper back as I try to keep active hang (shoulderblades pulled down and back), grip strength (from hanging itself) and core/abs (from raises). I might later add some side-to-side movement to additionally target obliques.

More bang for my buck :) and I can feel it in my forearms... 

• Like 3

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

Week 3, Tuesday (Nov. 12th)

Building self-esteem:

- morning stretching, 

- made coffee for A.,  

- picked two parcels on my way home,

- didn't die of crippling headache (developed it in last hours of my shift), mostly thanks to heavy duty drugs I took, 

- did my burpees in boys' TV time,

- made supper, put them to beds and read some bed time stories,

- went to grocery for a quick pickup (I ran out of buckwheat flour and sweet paprika), 

Spoiler

- I'm active volunteer firefighter, (squad leader, power equipment operator and first-contact paramedic).

- I can repair lots of things, from broken toys to household appliances or even car engine.

- I can cook. 

- I have very Rangery knowledge (lots of things from various areas) I can use in unusual conditions.

- I can make a book (journal, notebook etc) from scratch - sew the text block, make a hardcover and cover it in leather or canvas (with decorations like corner pieces, embossing etc), or replace existing cover on book for more decorative one. 

- I can start the fire with a single match, lighter or ferrocerium rod. I know the theory of starting it with a lens and with primitive means (bow drill, pump drill, fire plough etc.).

- I can sew by hand and with sewing machine. Nothing fancy, but enough to repair clothes or make bedclothes.

- I can fight in an infantry unit with a pole arm like glaive or guisarme and a tower shield. I know the drill and commands of 14th century german-type infantry. 

- I am pretty good with computers - both software (Windows based - sorry, I'm a peasant) and hardware.

- I can operate manual (non-CNC) metalworking lathe and have some basic experience with tool blade geometry, choosing parameters etc.

- errr... I can drive a car or van (have a licence), and can drive a truck and motorcycle (very, very cautiously, without licence).

This list starts to be quite problematic. I think I will just stop here before I start to make things up or put minor things just to fill the space. 

Building bond:

After coming home I was in agony because of my head. It took good half an hour, maybe more for drugs to kick in. After that I felt better. But even when in pain, I kept my temper with boys. Didn't have much energy for playing today, but I was hovering around and checking on them from time to time. 

After my burpees F. joined me in Sun Salutations again. Later was normal evening routine - supper, bathroom, beds. 

Building quality time

A. came home when I was at grocery, chowed down on some sausage and bread and crashed in bed. She had really hard day, and tomorrow will be no better. I better let her sleep now. Will hug her in the morning. 

Building strength

Today was burpee day. Tomorrow I will try 20 min. kettlebell workout I found. Can't wait :D 

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Week 3, Wednesday (Nov. 13th)

Building self-esteem:

- morning stretching, 

- made coffee for A., hugged and sent her to work,  

- helped boys tidy their room,

- actively watched them play Minecraft, 

- did my workout,

- cleaned and packed deep fryer,

- did some dishes, 

- made supper for boys,

- discussed our plans for Christmas presents with A., 

- reserved hotel for our anniversary trip in January, 

Spoiler

- I can cook. 

- errr... I can drive a car or van (have a licence), and can drive a truck and motorcycle (very, very cautiously, without licence).

I'll ust leave it here as a reminder for me. Maybe add something more, maybe not.

Building bond:

Another "keep my temper all the time" day :) 

After dinner I went with boys to tidy their room, then I watched them play games. In their TV time I did my workout and some chores, and this was time when A. came from work. Later I made supper for boys and A. put them sto beds (I finished doing chores in this time).

After my workout F. joined me (sacrificing part of his cartoons) in doing Sun Salutations. I'm happy he enjoys it. Now I need to find a way to encourage him to do some more exercises. 

Building quality time

After putting boys to beds A. made herself big gin&tonic skullcrusher (1:1 ratio) to ease on the stress. Then we had some talking (Christmas presents, anniversary trip etc). Nothing very intimate, but at least we had opportunity to see each other for a bit. 

Building strength

Test drive of KB workout I found (finished with some push-ups and pull-ups). It was a BLAST!!! After the workout my whole body felt like bowl of ramen the rest of the evening.

One thing that bugs me is whether I'm overtraining or rather lacking rest (after all, I train six days a week)... I might be on the edge, because my burpees are very unconsistent and my regular workout had no progress for quite long time. I will keep an close eye on my performance, and if lack of rest is an issue, I will think on mixing burpees into my Mon Fri upper back workouts to turn Tue and Thu back into rest/recovery days. I slowly accept pushing myself to do 100 burpees in 15min isn't the best form of rest...

• Like 4

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

regarding the burpees that does seem a little hardcore.

burpees are a real whole body workout.

this could advantages done often; as it doesn't isolate any specific muscle.  but the volume seems High to me.  ofc Only you can know.

regarding the 6 days.  I was hoping to jump up to that but going from 4 to 6 is difficult.  so, its a great thing that you get so much exercise; especially if your not overtraining.

----------

Another thing that caught my eye was your kid sacrificing cartoons to do sun salutations!  woot!  what a good thing; treasure this as an achievement for it is- and these moments can be fleeting and hard-won.

but if I can comment; I think you must be doing pretty good with your son to pick working out with you over TV.

• Thanks 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

6 hours ago, TGP said:

I think you must be doing pretty good with your son to pick working out with you over TV

I (of course) didn't thought about it this way, but when you point it out... sounds legit :) Thank you for showing me this in this perspective. 

About overtraining and lack of progress - I hope it's not an issue, as I think I'm targeting different muscle groups (mostly) on consecutive days, so I give them time to recover. Burpees shouldn't interfere with pull-up training - they are rather push-oriented. There might be an issue with my full body strength workout, but on the other hand - burpees make me loose my breath earlier than unable to push myself up, so I think limiting factor is my endurance, not muscle fatigue. And the kettlebell workout I switched to is rather easy on horizontal push movements, so it should be fine. 

On burpee volume (15 min of constant burpees) - I based this on some challenge found on the web and NF "Hotel Room Workout", where Steve advises doing as many circuits as possible in this exact timeframe. I know burpees are not a circuit, but doing squats followed by pushups followed by lunges etc without rest doesn't look that different from doing one exercise that hits all the muscles. And doing ALL THE THINGS is what we Rangers do, right? 

Getting enough sleep is another story, but I try to get at least 7 hours every night (unless it's full moon like now and I wake up every hour or so - but this is beyond my influence). 

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

it seems Relatively clear that pullup and burpees don't interfere TOO much.

UNTIL  arm fatigue means that the Pushup phase of the burpee and the bicep/tricep assist on the pullups become a problem.

but in this case (and in every OTHER case) I think the general advice is really helpful.

you know you are starting to overtrain on strength training; when your Form and technique becomes poor.

----

anyways, even MORE sincerely then THAT. yes Rangers Do everything!  one exercise is NOT enough to amuse them.

as for the broader question of progress- that too can be a little hard to know.  one thing I like about weight training (besides the broader point that I do all my weight training in a gym- and weights are easy to use)... is that there is plenty of numbers to get the Nerd side of me excited.

if the numbers are going up- and I'm not hurting myself; I view it as proof that I'm getting stronger!

but I have a feeling that in your program there's not so many numbers to track. 

---

out of curiosity, how DO you measure performance?  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey good day! Hope today is great and you get things done :) Sending love! xx

Yeah, today was quite nice. Thank you Liz :) 

Week 3, Thursday (Nov. 14th)

Building self-esteem:

- morning stretching, 

- made coffee for A. in the morning,

- did my burpees before dinner,

- did another pot of coffee for A. to take for her nightshift,

- made supper for boys,

- evening routine - bath, beds, story reading and accompanying them till they fall asleep, 

- decluttered another cabinet in my living room (threw away lots of stuff that was kept "just in case" or "I'll deal with this later"), 

- readied (third already?) coffee maker for the morning.

Spoiler

- I can cook. 

Building bond:

This time I didn't manage to remain calm all the time. I jumped on boys in the evening. Ant. was suppose to change to his pajamas, but instead he wandered around the room with pants and undies around his ankles, playing with some toy. And I scolded F. for not remembering we agreed (like 5 min earlier) on doing yoga before going to bed. But as fast I got agitated, I calmed myself, and we worked through this. 

Building quality time

A. left for work. No cuddling for me. At least with A. Maybe one of our cats will keep me company in the night :) 

Building strength

Burpees day. I tried doing them outside - temp was around 6-7deg C (45F), the grass was already covered in evening dew. Working out in those conditions was surprisingly nice. Might opt for such workout given the weather allow. 

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, aramis said:

Burpees day. I tried doing them outside - temp was around 6-7deg C (45F), the grass was already covered in evening dew. Working out in those conditions was surprisingly nice. Might opt for such workout given the weather allow. 

These days when the weather outside is colder I wind up opening a window before I workout and it seems to help a lot more than I thought it would.

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

These days when the weather outside is colder I wind up opening a window before I workout and it seems to help a lot more than I thought it would.

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

30 minutes ago, TGP said:

if the numbers are going up- and I'm not hurting myself; I view it as proof that I'm getting stronger!

but I have a feeling that in your program there's not so many numbers to track. 

---

out of curiosity, how DO you measure performance?

Yeah, with weights tracking is way easier. As I work out at home without much equipment, I'm forced to rely on time it takes to complete my workout, number of reps I can squeeze out and subjective feeling whether workout was easy or tough. 

Time gives me some feedback how much rest I took between exercises (or even reps of a given exercise) to catch my breath. The rest between circuit sets is 2 minutes and I try not to extend it. This may be further extrapolated to estimate overall fatigue. If I complete training faster, this means I got better. 

Number of reps - I track how much reps I do and I try to add one here and there every couple of workouts to force progress. I rarely train to failure, in most cases I stop when I feel my form is failing (this way I COULD push for one or two reps more, but with bad form).

Subjective feeling - strongly connected with rep count. If I feel the workout is easy, I throw in extra reps and call it progress :) 

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

that's good, then.

sounds very solid to me.

my personal prediction is that by the time you get to OCR;  you are going to be.... So.Not.the.Challenge!?

I've been told (for example) that many people can easily do a full mudder (a popular OCR in uk/usa).

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 4:40 AM, aramis said:

... What? That is so cool!!!

You have an awesome skillset, and you're doing great with your challenge! Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

by the time you get to OCR;  you are going to be.... So.Not.the.Challenge!?

I've been told (for example) that many people can easily do a full mudder

We have entry level formulas in our OCRs, but I never play on "easy". I want to try myself in classic/normal/standard etc formula. We'll see how it will go. BTW, I'm eyeing two runs in April and one in May - last one is right outside my doorstep (10 mi or so), and another two a bit further (like 70 and 130 mi). The thing is - the further ones are from series I was hyped for from the beginning, and the close one is something else. On the other hand, the close one won "Best OCR" in 2017 and 2018, so it's not some scam. 

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Week 3, Friday (Nov. 15th)

Building self-esteem:

- morning stretching, 

- watched boys play games, 

- did another pot of coffee for A. to take for her nightshift,

- helped with hanging protective nets on windows at boys' school gym,

Spoiler

DSC_1711.thumb.JPG.5617ad70135ffe6ecfad29c5fe31ff78.JPG

6 meters up the ladder, attach the upper rail to fixing points, 6 meters down while fixing sides to hooks on the way, move ladders to another window, repeat. 8 nets total, 1.5 hour of work. 

On last window guy on the other ladder stabbed his finger with the screwdriver and went to get some band-aid. So I (of course) didn't want to wait for him to return, and wouldn't bother with going down my ladder and up the other one. Instead I used diagonal beam under the ceiling to move from one ladder to the other. Yes, I know it was dangerous. But it was amazing I was able (and confident) to do this. 

- made supper for boys,

- evening routine - bathroom, beds, story reading and accompanying them till they fall asleep, 

- did my workout, 

- tracked all food in app.

Spoiler

- I can cook. 

Building bond:

Not much time with boys, but at least 100% in control of myself. Even when Ant. started playing with his toothbrush instead of brushing his teeth, I calmly explained him why his electric brush will be taken away and replaced with ordinary one (this was part of earlier agreement - he can use electric one as long as he brushes his teeth properly). 

Before reading the stories, F. asked if we can do some yoga because we didn't do it earlier. So we did. Ant. joined as well.  I'm proud as hell of my boys :D 

Building quality time

Nothing to mention ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Building strength

Upper back + hanging knee raises. Switched exercise order and instantly got better results. Last time I did pull-ups, knee raises, inverted rows. This time I decided to put rows in between to ease on the forearms a bit. Just by changing this, I no more had problems with longer hanging time, so I did 10 raises instead of 6. Decided to pass on kettlebell finisher, as I did the workout after putting boys to sleep (around 8:30pm). 

• Like 4

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Week 3, Saturday (Nov. 16th)

Building self-esteem:

- morning stretching, 

- went to see therapist (started doing MMPI-2 test)

- on my way back home I did some Christmas gift shopping and some got some groceries, 

- made napa cabbage salad for family,

- ran my 5.25K offroad,

- cooked my lunch food for next week's work (stewed cabbage and bell pepper with chicken and buckwheat pancakes)

- as I was already doing pancakes, I made some for boys' supper,

- did the dishes couple times during cooking, 

- supper for boys (pancakes with strawberry yogurth),

- evening routine - bathroom, beds, story reading and accompanying them till they fall asleep,  

Spoiler

- I can cook. 

Building bond:

Not much time with boys due to morning trip to psych and shopping, and then lots of time spent in the kitchen. But again, 100% in control. No exercising together. Maybe we will catch up on it today. 

Building quality time

Not much. I was busy, and A slept till 3pm (she was after a nightshift) and then took care of boys so I could cook. 

Building strength

Running day. Ran slower than usual, but I wasn't pushing myself at all. Weather was fine. The result - nice and relaxing run. 

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Week 3, Sunday (Nov. 17th)

Building self-esteem:

- morning stretching, 

- portioned and packed my lunch food for work, 

- did the dishes, 

- went to Gliwice with A. and boys (to see dragons and great-grandparents - ),

- fixed torn sleeve in my shirt, 

- did some budgeting, 

- made supper for boys,

- had a long talk with A. about what feels wrong. Survived it.

Building bond:

We went to Gliwice (A.'s hometown) right after the breakfast (good I wake up so early, so I could do all my stuff before). First part of the trip was to see Dragons! An exhibition of statues and mechatronics of dragons from movies and folklore was held at the shopping center, so we went there, hunted the dragons (they were scattered all over the place), went to a indoor playground with boys, had a lunch at Thai restaurant and then went to the playground once more. 

The second part was visiting A. grandparents (so great-grandparents for boys) where we had some chit-chat, coffee and cake.

We came home just in time for boys to watch evening cartoons (this time they asked for "Frozen"). 

I was on the lower end of  an energy spectrum all day, but managed to keep calm and positive-ish. 

Building quality time

In the evening after putting boys to sleep we had long and very uncomfortable talk. A. told me she is having a feeling I'm not interested in her anymore (because she isn't fit, she doesn't work out etc). One thing leading to another, she let all the grudges and insecurities regarding our house, family and overall coexistence pour out. It's not that it was all aimed against me, but still I feel responsible for big portion of this - for example all things regarding living with my parents under one roof. It fucking hurts when A. tells she doesn't feel like home in a place we live for last 14 years. 

Building strength

Rest day. 

Funny thing - I got caught by my "afternoon crash/low-power" probably around 9-10am (when we drove to Gliwice - A. was driving) and was all slow, heavy and tired all day. I managed to fight this off only in the afternoon/evening when I took 2km walk (while A. was driving her mother home from grandparents' place) doing some chin-ups on street signs :). Looks like just walking with kids isn't enough to revv me up to normal functioning conditions (even taking stairs instead escalator at the mall didn't help). Gotta investigate.

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Week 4, Monday (Nov. 18th)

Building self-esteem:

My "Things done good" list (this is becoming copy-paste deal... booooring! ):

- usual morning stuff,

- work, 

- put away dry laundry from dryer, 

- helped my Dad fix broken air compressor, 

- workout, 

- evening routine (supper, bath, bed time stuff), A. done most of it, I just helped. 

Building bond:

We played some board games, then I watched boys play Minecraft. After my workout and their TV time we did Sun Salutations. Ant. joined too, but halfway decided he has enough. I'm okay with that, at least he did two repetitions :) 

Building quality time

We sat at the couch cuddling, discussed our days and got some small talk. 

Building strength

Did my workout. I tried some scapular activation before to boost my pull-ups, but failed to do more reps than usual. 

I think I'm backsliding. Body rows tend to be more and more challenging. I remember I could do 10 reps non stop, and now I divide it to 5,3,2 reps with pauses to stretch my arms. I don't know...

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

On 11/18/2019 at 4:00 AM, aramis said:

We went to Gliwice (A.'s hometown) right after the breakfast (good I wake up so early, so I could do all my stuff before). ....

Btw

what beautiful architecture.  I got curious...

500_F_240734461_bkyO5Pxxog7zkLSDLg9wKxOV

sometimes I think, its sad, how many Americans such as myself don't get an opportunity to see the world.

there's so many beautiful cultures and places.

9 hours ago, aramis said:

Did my workout. I tried some scapular activation before to boost my pull-ups, but failed to do more reps than usual. 

I think I'm backsliding. Body rows tend to be more and more challenging. I remember I could do 10 reps non stop, and now I divide it to 5,3,2 reps with pauses to stretch my arms. I don't know...

REgarding the body rows;

Is there a trend occurring in your workout?  or perhaps could it be that this is just a short, "bump" in your long successful evolution of being very strong and buff?

all I can say about THAT, is that all workouts are "good" even when they don't all go well.  meaning; you can have workouts that don't feel good and workouts where things hurt and are weak.

sometimes the body just Does NOT cooperate with your effort to regularly build and strengthen muscle.

if there IS some kind of trend going on; please describe better what's happening.  is it ONLY with one specific arm row- or are you seeing reductions in strength in other kinds of exercises.?

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, TGP said:

sometimes the body just Does NOT cooperate

I hope it's the reason.

I'm not sure if there's a trend, as I changed my workouts lately. It's just loose observation - with my previous exercise set, I was able to do 10reps of inverted rows with feet on a chair (maybe with one break on set 3, sometimes 2 and 3), and with current workout I need one break on every set and two breaks on set 3. This may be caused as well by ALL my exercises in this workout being upper body pull (pull-ups, inverted rows, active hang with knee raises), so maybe it's just fatigue in my arms. 

On 11/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, TGP said:

its sad, how many Americans such as myself don't get an opportunity to see the world.

Not only Americans, this can be said about any nationality. But yes, it's sad we are bound so much to our place, our job and stuff. It needs great effort to travel the world - you need two means that are contradicting each other for most people - money and lots of free time. 

Week 4, Tuesday (Nov. 19th)

Yesterday was quite downer day. Not sure why, but even when I tried to, I couldn't get more active/energetic. I hope today will be better.

Building self-esteem:

- usual morning stuff,

- work, 

- ate dinner, 

- did my burpees, 

- evening routine (supper, bathroom, bed time stuff), A. done most of it, I just helped again. 

- set coffee maker for the morning, 

Building bond:

I was calm (or rather I should say - numb). I was present physically, but my mind was turned off and I just sat there staring walls. After my burpees F. joined me and we did Sun Salutations.

Building quality time:

After putting kids to sleep we just crashed to bed, cuddled and fell asleep. Maybe rest was what my body was after?

Building strength:

Did my burpees. Had to kick my own ass to get to it, but I'm glad I forced myself. I felt better for maybe 10min after the workout, and then my crappy mood came back. Maybe it's one of THESE days...

• Like 3

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Week 4, Wednesday (Nov. 20th)

Bit better than yesterday. Not much, but better. Didn't succumb in numbness. On the other hand mood wasn't too cheerful either. I think about my daily schedule a lot, and I really don't like it. Too much time away from home. When I counted it, it turned out I have like an hour, maybe hour and a half at best when I can be productive at home. This time often isn't enough to even start some bigger task. And "being productive" in the evening is out of question because firstly - I want to use this time for building quality time with A., secondly - I need to keep my sleep schedule as now I wake at 5:30 daily. To get 7 hours of sleep I need to be in bed no later than 10pm, thirdly - when kids are asleep I need to stay quiet.

Damn, I'd LOVE to become stay-at-home Dad. But I can't, I need to earn money for my family...

Building self-esteem:

- usual morning stuff,

- work, 

- ate dinner, 

- checked for leak from washing machine (there was none. Just cats peeing behind. Little furry bastards),

- did my workout, 

- boys' evening routine (supper, bathroom, bed time stuff),  

- set coffee maker for the morning, 

Building bond:

I was calm all the time. Not much "bonding time" anyway - it bugs me more and more. After I came home I ate, then asked boys about their day at school/kindergarten. Soon after was time for their computer time, so they played Minecraft (I checked washing machine in this time). After that they picked the toys in their room and went to watch cartoons. And ather cartoons - usual evening routine (halfway through A. came from work). 

Building quality time:

After putting kids to sleep we had a talk about our days and a bit about christmas gifts. Later we went to bed and cuddled. 

Building strength:

Kettlebell full body workout. Got tired as hell. I enjoyed it :D

• Like 2

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

5 hours ago, aramis said:

checked for leak from washing machine (there was none. Just cats peeing behind. Little furry bastards),

Made me laugh. My cats can be bastards too. Like when Frodo came in with a live mouse in his mouth. Stared right at me as I told him to drop it. And bit down and killed it. I did not give him treats for a week after that one...

Oh, and the time he put a dead mouse in the corner of a room I don't go in very often so when I found it, all I found was its skeletal remains. 

Cats. Lovable shit bags. 

• Like 2

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)