Yo' DM! Do I get experience points for that?

Challenge Log, Day 28 of 41

Supposed to be a workout day.  Didn't happen.  I woke up with nausea.   I thought I'd just work out later in the day after it cleared up, but it never did.  It's evening, and I'm still nauseous.  Not sure if it's a bug, or if maybe I just ate too much salsa yesterday.  Whatever the case, today's ended up being an unscheduled recovery day.  Tomorrow was a scheduled recovery day.  If I wake up and feel fine tomorrow, I intend to do today's workout then, and probably just treat the workout and recovery days as flipped.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

15 hours ago, Hazard said:

It's evening, and I'm still nauseous.  Not sure if it's a bug, or if maybe I just ate too much salsa yesterday. 

How much salsa do you have to eat to be nauseous for a whole day? I feel the salsa might be innocent. Anyway, I hope you feel better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

hope you're feeling better today.

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

• “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”Jim Rohn
  • "Is there anything more worthless than excusesEmperor Kellanved (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.
  • If your dreams don't scare you, they are too smallRichard Branson
  • "I see no value in modest ambitions." —  Karsa Orlong (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." BF Skinner

51 minutes ago, theRanDMC said:

It took me too long to understand your post title. I'm so slow... I was reading DM as in direct message like in insta... Forgot I was on Nerd Fitness

I suffer from the reverse struggle.  When people write something like, "I'll DM you," I'm wondering if they plan on randomly showing up at my house to start up a D&D campaign.  I refer to online private messages as PMs.

• Haha 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

Challenge Log, Day 30 of 41

Another day, another bunch of muscles contracted.

CHEST DAY

Bench Press

• 6 ramping sets
  • 3x2+ strength sets, went 2/2/3
  • 3x5 volume sets in descending weights

Inclined Widegrip Bench Press

• 5 ramping sets
  • 3x5+ strength sets, went 5/5/7
  • 3x10 volume sets in descending weights

Cable High-pully Crossovers

• 4x15+, went 15/15/15/19

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

Challenge Log, Days 31 & 32 of 41

We had an cardiology appointment for my daughter that started early this morning, so I didn't get exercise in today.  Not an emergency.  This was one of the scheduled appointments that she gets every 3 months or so.  For those who are newer to following me and aren't in-the-know yet:  my daughter was born with a heart defect.

Yesterday, I didn't do my exercise.  I could have, but just really didn't feel like doing it.   I've felt like I'm in a funk the last week or two.    While we were having lunch today, I chatted about it with Mrs Hazard.  She suggested that since I've been so consistent with my exercise for months and months and months, that maybe I've been feeling this funk recently as my body's way of saying, "Dude, you haven't had a vacation in a while, I'm tired, let's take a few days off."   Maybe she's right?  It's something to consider.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

19 hours ago, Hazard said:

We had an cardiology appointment for my daughter that started early this morning, so I didn't get exercise in today.  Not an emergency.  This was one of the scheduled appointments that she gets every 3 months or so.  For those who are newer to following me and aren't in-the-know yet:  my daughter was born with a heart defect.

I did not know that. It must be a considerable source of worry. But it's great that there are medical professionals to keep an eye on her and support you. 

19 hours ago, Hazard said:

Yesterday, I didn't do my exercise.  I could have, but just really didn't feel like doing it.   I've felt like I'm in a funk the last week or two.    While we were having lunch today, I chatted about it with Mrs Hazard.  She suggested that since I've been so consistent with my exercise for months and months and months, that maybe I've been feeling this funk recently as my body's way of saying, "Dude, you haven't had a vacation in a while, I'm tired, let's take a few days off."   Maybe she's right?  It's something to consider.

Yeah, I mean, if you're usually consistent, then you know you're not just being lazy and making excuses. Might be worth taking some days off or thinking about a new exercise routine that's more inspiring. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Challenge Log, Day 33 of 41

I fell asleep a little earlier last night.  Today I woke up alert, ready to go, and feeling strong.  It showed on my squats' AMRAP set (the 3rd work set).   Maybe the blah lately was my body needing more sleep. Whatever the case, this was a good workout. 

LEG DAY

Squats

• 7 ramping sets
  • 3x2+ strength sets, went 2/2/6

Weighted Lunges

• 4x24+, went 24/24/24/24

Calf Raises

• 4x20+, went 20/20/20/24

• Like 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

Challenge Log, Day 34 of 41

I added one-arm landmine rows into my Back day today.  They're performed a bit differently than the two-arm version.  I'll be testing them for a few weeks to see if I like them and want to include them in my routine.

BACK DAY

Landmine Rows

• 4x8+, went 8/8/8/14

One-arm Landmine Rows

• 3 ramping sets
  • 3x8, went 8/8/8

Widegrip Pulldowns

• 3x5+ strength sets, went 5/5/9
  • 3x8+ volume sets in descending weights

Straight-arm Pulldowns

• 4x12+, went 12/12/12/17

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

Challenge Log, Days 38-41 of 41

We just had a holiday here in the U.S.  This post covers the last few days.  Today's also the last official day of this NF Challenge period.

Day 38

Thanksgiving holiday.  No exercise.  I took a day trip upstate to meet my biological 1st cousins for the first time.

Day 39 (Arm Day)

EZ Curls

• 3 ramping sets
  • 3x8+ strength sets, went 8/8/10
  • 2x12 volume sets in descending weights

Cable Reverse-grip Pushdowns

• 4x15+, went 15/15/15/16

DB Curls

• 3x15+, went 13/13/12 -- dual factoring

Cable Curls

• 3x20+, went 20/20/22

Day 40

scheduled recovery day

Day 41 (Chest Day)

Bench Press

• 7 ramping sets
  • 3x2+ strength sets, went 2/2/4

Inclined Widegrip Bench Press

• 5 ramping sets
  • 3x5+ strength sets, went 5/5/8
  • 3x10 volume sets in descending weights

Cable High-pully Crossovers

• 4x15+, went 15/15/15/18

And that's that for this Challenge's logs.  Had a small hiccup of tummy issues in the middle of it, but otherwise I've continued to channel the inner tortoise, making steady incremental week-to-week progress.

• Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano