Nothing Works Unless You Do The Work - Every. Single. Day

lose15.jpg

• Haha 1
Spoiler

• “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”Jim Rohn
  • "Is there anything more worthless than excusesEmperor Kellanved (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.
  • If your dreams don't scare you, they are too smallRichard Branson
  • "I see no value in modest ambitions." —  Karsa Orlong (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." BF Skinner

day 23.PNG

Trying to front load the workouts this week. I have a busy Friday-Sunday so I may have to double up a cardio and strength training. I normally don't do this but these are unavoidable commitments.

I'll figure it out.

• Like 2
Spoiler

• “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”Jim Rohn
  • "Is there anything more worthless than excusesEmperor Kellanved (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "I see no value in modest ambitions." —  Karsa Orlong (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." BF Skinner

whatever you.jpg

Can't keep doing the same thing and expect the same result. SOMETHING has to change. And only I can change whatever needs to be changed. Requires thought,discipline and CHOICE.

" Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." (B.F. Skinner)

• Like 1
Spoiler

13 hours ago, solidify said:

Trying to front load the workouts this week. I have a busy Friday-Sunday so I may have to double up a cardio and strength training. I normally don't do this but these are unavoidable commitments.

I'll figure it out.

Planning ahead like that really helps. Good work!

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

day 25.PNG

First miss on protein. Couldn't (not wouldn't) control foods today due to not cooking. Tended toward healthy choices but too vegetarian. I'll try to make up over the next few days.

• Like 2
Spoiler

For those who might be interested, I've added battle rope finishers to my strength training workout. Building up slowly. Quite the challenge but fun at the same time.

• Like 2
Spoiler

On 11/22/2019 at 3:38 AM, solidify said:

For those who might be interested, I've added battle rope finishers to my strength training workout. Building up slowly. Quite the challenge but fun at the same time.

What's battle rope?

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 11/23/2019 at 1:38 PM, Harriet said:

What's battle rope?

RYisyepcT76WPj0ZPOxx_Living.Fit-BattleRo

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

day 29.PNG

Last week was a sad week for me. I lost a dear, dear friend and another friend had a stroke. The especially sad thing was that these were young people. My friend with the stroke is doing well thank goodness. Chose to spend time with the families helping so could not get in my last strength/arm training.

Then Sunday & today, had a massive migraine. So the miss on nutrition was not eating enough. I felt good enough to eat this afternoon and tonight so I crammed in protein. Back on track tomorrow with nutrition. The good news is that I have unplanned on calories to use on Thanksgiving.

The downside was today's workout was a slog due to not eating. But plowed through.

• Sad 2
Spoiler

one more week.PNG

Charting progress against goals. Abs moving well though this week I believe is due water weight loss. I usually see it drastically in the lower abs. Thighs creeping, crawling as slowly as possible toward the goal. Might miss this one by a week or two. I'll push this week but past experience says this is the absolute LAST fat to start draining. 😣 Just to keep on moving on.

• Like 2
Spoiler

dreadmill1.jpg

• Like 1
Spoiler

I am so sorry to hear about your friends...be kind to yourself. Life is not a sprint

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

39 minutes ago, RES said:

I am so sorry to hear about your friends...be kind to yourself. Life is not a sprint

Thank you. It was a very tough week. Truly, life is a marathon not a sprint. And family/friends come first. Especially in moments like last week.

• Like 1
Spoiler

day 30.PNG

Back on track today. Got a lovely, fast walk in with my daughter on a local rail trail. Weather was in the 60's. Gotta love that in New England two days before Thanksgiving! 😍

• Like 1
Spoiler

7907356c87d387755ab4da281cbb223b.jpg

• Like 1
Spoiler

Sorry for your loss. Losing someone who's still young is hard. It's unfair. I'm glad your other friend is doing well, though. It looks like you're still motivated and doing pretty well on your goals, which is amazing. 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

12 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sorry for your loss. Losing someone who's still young is hard. It's unfair. I'm glad your other friend is doing well, though. It looks like you're still motivated and doing pretty well on your goals, which is amazing. 

Workouts help me not mope if that makes sense. Pile my grief/loss in de-stressing with training. Counter-intuitive maybe but it seems to work.

• Like 1
Spoiler

1 hour ago, solidify said:

Workouts help me not mope if that makes sense. Pile my grief/loss in de-stressing with training. Counter-intuitive maybe but it seems to work.

Definitely. Lifting is a very important stress and mood management tool for me, and several other warriors have said the same thing. 

• Like 1

day 33.PNG

Thanksgiving -> easy to get protein and with all the fabulous side dishes, veggies too. Went over calories but expected that.  Back on track today. Got a run in the morning with my daughter. Here's the cute shirts we had for the day.

shirt2.jpg.1c66e3138b98e44d6f09246899b7743b.jpg

• Like 2
Spoiler

finish.PNG

Finished the challenge! Unfortunately with a stall week. Bit of a disappointment. But I did hit one goal but not the other. I knew the second one would be a stretch because it takes forever to lose from my thighs. I was just hoping for an eighth of an inch this week which did not happen.

Not sure where I'm going on my next challenge.

This year's overriding theme was "DISCIPLINE". To stop waiting for motivation and damn it just do what I need to do. I was very successful as I have built up an extremely consistent workout habit. I'm thrilled with that.

My 2020 theme is "Beat the Spread". I want to do a recomp. I'm happy with my weight but not with the fat/lean ratio. So I need to buckle down on nutrition and in 2020 do what I did for exercise in 2019. Of course, I'm not going to wait for 2020 to start. But that's the direction I'm heading.

• Like 2
Spoiler

On 12/2/2019 at 3:26 AM, solidify said:

This year's overriding theme was "DISCIPLINE". To stop waiting for motivation and damn it just do what I need to do. I was very successful as I have built up an extremely consistent workout habit. I'm thrilled with that.

That is an awesome result! Good work!