• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChaosMorphy

Starting Point - Weight loss

Long story short... my diet is a problem and what is really keeping my weight up. I'm moderately active but I hit a plateau years ago and I know sugar and convenience are my kryptonite. I'm focusing on small, achievable goals. The biggest one will be cutting back how much sugar I drink (right now every drink is either soda or sugar with a little coffee in it) but my boyfriend has agreed to hold me accountable as I replace my usual choices with water.

I'm planning on starting a running program- I want to be able to run 1 mile at a constant pace, regardless of time, just no quitting to walk (bonus points if it is under 9 min though). Right now I'm walking for at least 20 min to build the time into my existing weekly routine. 

I am having trouble though with convenience. My food choices aren't good, just whats easy, dining out at restaurants or having food delivered or just grabbing a candy bar from work instead of healthier choices for lunch. I want something quick that I can grab and go that is also full of good nutrients. I was thinking of a shake of some kind but I get overwhelmed any time I go to the store or look it up on the internet. I need help. What is a good reliable resource, or brand, or something quick and easy that's more than a protein bar?

• Like 1

I hear you. I have a lot of the same problems. I will do whatever is the easiest and convenient. I have hired someone to cook for me and my family twice a week - its not really diet food, but it's healthy in the sense its home made, organic and I provide the menu. Have you tried the food deliveries? There are a lot of them, and many offer healthy organic food, even specifically meant for weight loss. Freshly is one of them, I believe. I am vegetarian, and I need to cook for a family, so it gets expensive really fast for me - hence the cook.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:40 AM, ChaosMorphy said:

I am having trouble though with convenience. My food choices aren't good, just whats easy, dining out at restaurants or having food delivered or just grabbing a candy bar from work instead of healthier choices for lunch. I want something quick that I can grab and go that is also full of good nutrients. I was thinking of a shake of some kind but I get overwhelmed any time I go to the store or look it up on the internet. I need help. What is a good reliable resource, or brand, or something quick and easy that's more than a protein bar?

Are you looking specifically for a protein shake, or any kind of snack? I usually use optimum nutrition's whey protein shakes. They're not full of good nutrients, though, they're really just protein. If you want a nutrient dense snack, you could try nuts, hummous with vegetable sticks, a bit of fruit... I find snacks the hardest, tbh, because full meals tend to have a better balance of ingredients but they're more effort, obviously. 

• Like 1