Countess D'If needs to get off her butt

Countess D'If

HI! So, I have a weird life. I got a real weird job offer that I REALLY wanted. But then I also really love this job and I REALLY wanted to stay. 

I chose to stay because I'm super happy. 

I tell y'all about the job offer because it threw me off my plan. But now I have made a decision, I can re-institute the plan. 

I've gotten real real fat recently. Uncomfortably fat. I'm uncomfortable. I don't like it. ALSO, my mom and my grandmother's health is terrible. My mom's still pretty young and my grandmother is older than dirt. I was chatting to the Marine the other day about how I don't want to be falling apart at 62, but then live as a cranky bitch monster until I'm 95 and still be falling apart. I need to buckle dow, for reals this time. (I say that every time) I'm going to be 36 in November. I mean it this time. (I mean it every time).

SMART GOALS:

1. Take my pills every day, including weekends, which I tend to skip.

2. Gym in the AM at least three times a week, including couch to 5K. My end goal is to run a 5k in less than 30 minutes. And I don't care how long it takes me to get there. It's a measurable GOAL. 

3. Bring my plants to the office by the end of this challenge. Dragging my butt on this for some reason and my plants are PISSED OFF!

Bonus Goal! If I have a real bad day™ I will go to the gym before I go home and work out to try to de-stress. Bad days can't trigger bad weeks. . .months. . .years. I need a more productive way to deal with a real bad day™.

• Like 9

woot woot

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Plants in the office are so good! What do you have? I have a phalaenopsis orchid, string of pearls and a pachira aquatic.

We also lost a team member to another project earlier in the year but around the same time acquired a big fiddle leaf fig from another team again, so we affixed our departing team member's photo to it as a stand in. I'd really struggle in the office without the greenery.

I'm excited for you to bring them in. Can you do it one by one?

40 minutes ago, Ignimbrite said:

Plants in the office are so good! What do you have? I have a phalaenopsis orchid, string of pearls and a pachira aquatic.

We also lost a team member to another project earlier in the year but around the same time acquired a big fiddle leaf fig from another team again, so we affixed our departing team member's photo to it as a stand in. I'd really struggle in the office without the greenery.

I'm excited for you to bring them in. Can you do it one by one?

I'm going to start with my air plants. I have about 20 of them in super charming frames. They'll hang on the wall. I have a peace lilly, a phalaenopsis, a bromeliad with three pups I need to re pot, and a massive succulent arrangement that needs rearranging.  I love my plants, they make me happy. 

• Like 3
On 10/28/2019 at 5:41 PM, Countess D'If said:

I'm going to start with my air plants. I have about 20 of them in super charming frames. They'll hang on the wall. I have a peace lilly, a phalaenopsis, a bromeliad with three pups I need to re pot, and a massive succulent arrangement that needs rearranging.  I love my plants, they make me happy. 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:31 PM, Countess D'If said:

3. Bring my plants to the office by the end of this challenge. Dragging my butt on this for some reason and my plants are PISSED OFF!

All this talk of plants in the office so makes me jealous. I want a place I can do this with.  I kinda have an unofficial desk right now (there is talk of clearing an area so I get my own space, but I still kinda feel like I am just borrowing a table right now, even if the lady whose office I am in swears we are sharing, but I don't even have a phone) but I would feel weird trying to set up plants or anything there since my "area" is also partially communal space and I don't want my stuff in the way.

Totally jealous of you guys.

Oh and Countess, how is it going? Did you get to the gym?

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

The treatment room I work in (read: the dim cave) has a fake tree.  It's better than nothing since it detracts from the basement feel of the room, but still not real.  On the other hand!  I was given an orchid as a gift when I left a job about 10 years ago.  ITS BLOOMING for the first time.  I don't even know what type of orchid.

• Like 2

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY where you at?

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I went to the gym last night! It was not so good! Six month breaks from exercise are no good!

12 hammer curls 5lbs x 3

12 squats x 3

10 preacher curls w/bar only x2

10 deadlifts 20lbs x3

3 minutes on rowing machine

10 incline rows 30lbs x2

10 calf raises 30lbs x 2

5 minutes on treadmill, no incline

2,088 cals in

2,645 cals out

377 calorie deficit 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Countess D'If said:

I'm trying

Yaas that is as much as anyone can do

depression just makes us play on a harder difficulty rating, doesn't mean we can't win and it means you get more points for the little things along the way.

could you go for a walk? Would it be terrible? Or is there something else you can do?

how are your plants doing?

• Like 1