• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RES

The Rangers have Choices [Mini-Challenge]

41i0tynbcyL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

We all make choices every day, some are routine, some require thought, some have the ability to change our lives. This five week challenge I want us to think about our choices and why we make them, and think about how to make better ones. Since this is a 'personal' challenge there will not be a sign up sheet, if you want to participate you are welcome to comment and post in this thread about your progress, or if you prefer to keep it private and follow along you are welcome to do that as well.

As preparation for this challenge (and to justify posting this early :) ) I want you to think about your "I can't". What do you tell yourself is the reason you can't reach your goals, what is standing in your way? Make note of this, we'll be using it soon!

Week 1

Remember that "I can't" item? You can use that or if that's not applicable in this situation you can choose something else, but this week I want you to do something that scares you. I don't mean something dangerous, it could be as easy as asking your crush for their phone number or a date, could be going to a haunted house...or maybe there's a kickboxing class you really want to try but you're afraid you can't do it...because it doesn't matter if you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right!

Week 2

Choose one person you never have before from another guild to follow. Go outside your comfort zone, then post (if you want) about what made you chose them

Week 3

Choose your fuel. This week I challenge you to make a plan of what you're going to eat every day, this can be the night before or the morning of, and be honest. If you're going to have 12 Hershey Kisses for breakfast then put it on there! At the end of the day make a note if you stuck to it or not, and if not why not. Note that nothing is off limits, you don't have to be perfect, just be honest with yourself. If you want chocolate cake for dinner put it on your plan, if it's not on the plan then you know what to plan for the next day don't you ;)  

Week 4

The holidays are upon us, with it that for a lot of us, it means extra stress. This week take some time to meditate or a yoga routine you enjoy...or both...I recommend both! 

You-should-sit-in-meditation-for-20-minu

Week 5

I've been thinking how to approach this final week since I took on this Mini...I know what it should be, but explaining what I'm referencing may be a bit more difficult. The opening graphic states "life is change, growth is optional, choose wisely" How many of us are being wise? Is there something in your life that you know should change but change is hard so you're choosing not to? What's the worst thing that can happen? Make one choice this week to choose to change something that makes you a bit uncomfortable.*disclaimer, I am not responsible for you quitting your job and moving to Tahiti...if you choose to do that make sure you can live with the consequences of that choice! 🙂 

• Like 7

Week 1 is up! Also below for ease of access 

Week 1

Remember that "I can't" item? You can use that or if that's not applicable in this situation you can choose something else, but this week I want you to do something that scares you. I don't mean something dangerous, it could be as easy as asking your crush for their phone number or a date, could be going to a haunted house...or maybe there's a kickboxing class you really want to try but you're afraid you can't do it...because it doesn't matter if you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right!

• Like 1

I’m in for a scary weekend. The boy scouts are going indoor skydiving, and somehow I’m signed up for the “high flight” option. Crazy!

I might be even more scared about keeping up with a bunch of teenage knees on our 10 mile orienteering/hiking adventure. Or about tent camping in 35 degree fahrenheit (1.7 degrees centigrade). Good thing I’m a Ranger!

• Like 4

Funnily enough, I was gonna try and tackle one of my “l can’ts” this week.  I’m gonna sit down and try to learn to knit continental.  (Iam currently an English knitter) People swear it’s easier once you know how.  We’ll see.

• Like 2

I'm here for this.  And, I guess it is less of an "I can't" and more of an "I'm terrified" but hubs and I have our first post-trial-separation therapy session tomorrow, and I have no idea what that's going to look like.

• Like 3

*deep breath* Sooo...I've been wanting to do this for awhile now...even started a blog & quit posting to it. 

I want to write. I love words.

*even deeper breath* 

For this challenge, I'm going write something & post it here. I need to know what you guys think about it as well.

EEEK! :o

• Like 3

I will have to think on this. Recently my "I can't" has been sheer exhaustion from pregnancy. 

I don't have much right now that really scares me - aside from childbirth :P I have put off reading about labor because some of it freaks me out

I've rescheduled my dentist once already because I'm afraid I'll vomit on the poor dental assistant or dentist :wacko:

• Like 1

Week 1

Ok...here it is:

Storm

Dark and dreary,

Unseasonably warm,

Leaves falling rapidly in a swirl of color.

Small branches tapping out a staccato rhythm;

Pine trees whispering secret messages 

In a language I once understood.

No rain, but it is coming...

The smell is in the air.

©2019 CAY

• Like 6

Nothing spectacular, but I tried to open up to my wife about my insecurities and self esteem issues. I never spoke about it out loud, because I felt like this is nothing I should burden others (I tend to diminish my own problems, especially mental/spiritual ones). And there was always this conviction (yes, I know it's wrong and everything, but still...) that man should just suck it up. Just admitting before myself I want (or need) help with dealing with this was huge leap forward, and now another one was to talk about the issues with my wife. 

• Like 3

I'm back from vacation...checked off a few 'I can't' while I was away

-Went parasailing

-Went snorkeling (I'm claustrophobic, this helped me determine scuba diving has to come off the bucket list)

-accepted the factor that my marriage will never be the same...also stayed up till 4 am talking to a woman I've had a crush on for a while.

Week 2 coming up in a moment!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Week 1

Ok...here it is:

Storm

Dark and dreary,

Unseasonably warm,

Leaves falling rapidly in a swirl of color.

Small branches tapping out a staccato rhythm;

Pine trees whispering secret messages 

In a language I once understood.

No rain, but it is coming...

The smell is in the air.

©2019 CAY

I love this, and I love that you chose to share it with us!

• Thanks 1

Kind of an easy one this week...I would challenge you to not just pick someone at random, but really think about why you're choosing them. Do they have similar goals even though they are in a different guild?

Week 2

Choose one person you never have before from another guild to follow. Go outside your comfort zone, then post (if you want) about what made you chose them

• Like 1

A little late but I finished up week one. Cold weather tent camping, keeping up with younger hikers, and indoor sky diving. None of it was particularly easy, but all of it was satisfying. I’m glad I stretched out of my comfort zone. 

f0yaDHz.png

• Like 3

Week 2 done.

I have posted in someone's thread. I didn't chose him for his goals - I've seen him struggle with his mentality and reaching for help. I hope I can find inspiration in his act, to believe my own problems are real, to seek help and stop diminishing my fears and insecurities. 

• Like 2

Week 2 done, I followed a level 1 that started late and only had two other followers, I look forward to encouraging them!

• Like 1