• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RES

The Rangers have Choices [Mini-Challenge]

Week 3

Choose your fuel. This week I challenge you to make a plan of what you're going to eat every day, this can be the night before or the morning of, and be honest. If you're going to have 12 Hershey Kisses for breakfast then put it on there! At the end of the day make a note if you stuck to it or not, and if not why not. Note that nothing is off limits, you don't have to be perfect, just be honest with yourself. If you want chocolate cake for dinner put it on your plan, if it's not on the plan then you know what to plan for the next day don't you ;)  

• Like 1

All week the same:

- Half teaspoon of butter for Vit. A,D,E,K better absorption after waking up.

- Breakfast (~9am) - oats, spinach, whey isolate and cocoa fiber smoothie.

- Lunch (~noon) - pork-ham-and-carrot stew with buckwheat kasha.

- Dinner - the great unknown - it needs to fit my macros :)

- Supper - cottage cheese, peanuts, coconut oil and cocoa powder, dash of sugar or maple syrup. All mixed in form of pudding and chilled. Yummy and protein rich :D

The problem with dinner is my Dad cooks it (at least during work-week). Additionally I'm on low FODMAP diet (IBS related issues), so lots of products are off limits for me.

Daily routine looks like this: I come home, check what is cooked and find out what part of it is allowed for me. Then I will take what I can, add some stuff to fit my macros and voila! - I have a dinner.

So with planning my dinner I will only say it needs to be around 850kcal, containing 55g of fats, 50g of carbs and 35g of protein. I can usually meet this by throwing in some eggs, coconut or olive oil, lots of veggies and bit of potatoes/rice/kasha. 

Oh, and one more thing. I am reintroducing fructose this week, so on top of the above:

- Monday - one teaspoon of honey 

- Tuesday - two teaspoons of honey (in single meal or divided)

- Thursday - two tablespoons of honey throughout the day.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2019 at 7:34 PM, RES said:

Week 3

Choose your fuel. This week I challenge you to make a plan of what you're going to eat every day, this can be the night before or the morning of, and be honest. If you're going to have 12 Hershey Kisses for breakfast then put it on there! At the end of the day make a note if you stuck to it or not, and if not why not. Note that nothing is off limits, you don't have to be perfect, just be honest with yourself. If you want chocolate cake for dinner put it on your plan, if it's not on the plan then you know what to plan for the next day don't you ;)  

I have a confession to make, I've actually been doing this one all year, it's an idea I stole from a Facebook group I belong to. I have to say it does work for me.

Week 4

The holidays are upon us, with it that for a lot of us, it means extra stress. This week take some time to meditate or a yoga routine you enjoy...or both...I recommend both! 

You-should-sit-in-meditation-for-20-minu

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RES said:

Week 4

The holidays are upon us, with it that for a lot of us, it means extra stress. This week take some time to meditate or a yoga routine you enjoy...or both...I recommend both! 

Cool. Time to fire up my Stop Breathe & Think app.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fitnessgurl said:

I got sick, recovered & then my mom got sick; so I was busy taking care of her.

all perfectly acceptable reasons...I wouldn't call it 'tanking' :) (although @Tanktimus the Encourager is awesome so maybe we can redefine 'tanking' ;) )

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I flat out didn’t do week 3.  I’m not in a place mentally, yet, where I can go back to tracking.  But, that said, I didn’t eat unreasonably.

Week 4 will hopefully be easier.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rinna said:

I flat out didn’t do week 3.  I’m not in a place mentally, yet, where I can go back to tracking.  But, that said, I didn’t eat unreasonably.

Week 4 will hopefully be easier.

I understand...it's more of making a plan and sticking to it, rather than tracking. I hold no illusions it works for everyone or fits into everybodys goals. I hope you enjoy week 4! :D 

• Like 1

I'm doing morning stretching with some yoga moves (cat/cow, down dog/cobra) and Sun Salutations as my daily after workout stretching routine. Does this counts?

Oh, and some more Salutations with my kids (not consistently, but it averages 3-4 times a week).

I might try some mindfulness again. Maybe with help of some app - any recommendations (free apps if possible)?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aramis said:

I'm doing morning stretching with some yoga moves (cat/cow, down dog/cobra) and Sun Salutations as my daily after workout stretching routine. Does this counts?

Oh, and some more Salutations with my kids (not consistently, but it averages 3-4 times a week).

Absolutely counts! :) 

• Like 1

I am ashamed to say that I had all good intentions of doing yoga this week...but did not

No real excuse, just life getting in the way 🙄

Week 5

I've been thinking how to approach this final week since I took on this Mini...I know what it should be, but explaining what I'm referencing may be a bit more difficult. The opening graphic states "life is change, growth is optional, choose wisely" How many of us are being wise? Is there something in your life that you know should change but change is hard so you're choosing not to? What's the worst thing that can happen? Make one choice this week to choose to change something that makes you a bit uncomfortable.*disclaimer, I am not responsible for you quitting your job and moving to Tahiti...if you choose to do that make sure you can live with the consequences of that choice! 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RES said:

*disclaimer, I am not responsible for you quitting your job and moving to Tahiti...if you choose to do that make sure you can live with the consequences of that choice! 🙂 

Bahaha!

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2019 at 7:55 PM, RES said:

No real excuse, just life getting in the way

On 11/17/2019 at 3:40 PM, RES said:

Am I being mean quoting your own post to you? Hope not, tried to be funny ;) 

And Week 5 mission is quite tempting - I'm recently on the edge of quitting my job (yes, seriously)... But I'd rather not, unless yet. The balance of profits and losses isn't in my favor now.

Gotta find something that won't hurt so much when done...

• Like 1

I've been thinking about the week 5 challenge-even before it became a challenge. That being said & having family drama this week solidifying my thoughts: I need to set some healthy boundaries so the actions of others don't steal my joy. I used to practice Mussar (a form of character trait development) & I'm going to incorporate that & meditation into my next challenge. :)

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 2:01 PM, aramis said:
On 11/17/2019 at 9:40 AM, RES said:

Am I being mean quoting your own post to you? Hope not, tried to be funny ;) 

🙃not at all...I realized what I did after the fact, have meditated since then but wasn't in time for the challenge

I'm glad someone caught and called me out on it tbh!

I would challenge you to find a new job so you can leave the one making you unhappy :) 

7 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

I need to set some healthy boundaries so the actions of others don't steal my joy.

This was the biggest reason I chose this for this weeks challenge...it is so important and for many so difficult to do this time of year. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RES said:

I would challenge you to find a new job so you can leave the one making you unhappy :) 

You'd probably win, as I struggle to see myself doing anything else (closely as profitable as my current job) right now. I'm locked in a mindset I want to become stay-at-home Dad (managing house and kids makes me feel good), but our family income isn't enough for me to cut my share. And I don't see any type of job I could do from home... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aramis said:

You'd probably win, as I struggle to see myself doing anything else (closely as profitable as my current job) right now. I'm locked in a mindset I want to become stay-at-home Dad (managing house and kids makes me feel good), but our family income isn't enough for me to cut my share. And I don't see any type of job I could do from home... 

Hmmm, is there a way to restructure your finances to do this? Any costs that would be eliminated by you staying home with the kids? (child care, etc...)