Avatar: The Last Darebender (Darebee PVP Challenge)

Greetings, young pupils. I understand you wish to lean more about how to be a master bender. Well, in order to master bending you must prove you are disciplined in the daily practice of training your body and mind. To prove yourself worthy of learning bending skills and to learn which of you is worthy of reaching the Avatar state, let's have a friendly competition, shall we?

giphy.gif

Every day, you will complete a "Daily Dare." There are two levels of difficulty: normal and extra credit, which usually consists of completing the physical challenge in one set. To prove yourself a capable student with enough discipline to learn bending skills, we will use a scoring system based on completed dares. Each challenge completed equals 1 point; extra credit adds an additional point. Just record your name, your goal, and your daily dare progress on the scroll that the monks have provided for this challenge. The more challenges you complete with extra credit, the more bending skills you will unlock.

giphy.gif

The totals needed to unlock are:

15 Points: Air Bending

30 Points: Earth Bending

45 Points: Water Bending

60 Points: Fire Bending

giphy.gif

You have 35 days to complete this challenge, beginning October 28th and ending December 1st. At the end of this challenge, the bender who has unlocked all four bending skills and has the most points will be deemed worthy of becoming the next Avatar.

Good luck, young pupils, and have some onion-banana juice before you go.

latest?cb=20140510203833

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

• WolfDreamer changed the title to Avatar: The Last Darebender (Darebee PVP Challenge)

Having learnt the limits of my current ability to stay present... I'll aim for air bending. 

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

On 10/26/2019 at 8:14 AM, Rhovaniel said:

Having learnt the limits of my current ability to stay present... I'll aim for air bending. 

Welcome back! I am always happy to have you along.

10 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

I'm in, going for earth bending

Hey, one of the greatest benders in the AtLA universe was an earth bender... and she was blind.

giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, Skywalker said:

I haven't done a PVP challenge before, but I'm in (to give it a go)  I think making it to the end of the challenge is my real goal.

Welcome! Let me know if you have any questions or need some inspiration to make it to the end!

giphy.gif

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

Woo... Day 1's challenge is a doozy, but I got it done. 200 squat punches non-stop, so done w/ EC.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Chest expanders tough after doing Chest fly dumbell at gym yesterday.  I found where to find the tomorrow challenge so I can fit it in at gym after work but then I see it's 'Star Plank Hold' which doesn't sound pleasant at all!

• Like 1

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

6 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

Did 200 squat punches at once, but in a quarter squat since my knee is not so good. Did I fill out the spreadsheet correctly? Sorry this is my first time doing a PVP

Yes, you did it correctly. Well done.

5 hours ago, Skywalker said:

Chest expanders tough after doing Chest fly dumbell at gym yesterday.  I found where to find the tomorrow challenge so I can fit it in at gym after work but then I see it's 'Star Plank Hold' which doesn't sound pleasant at all!

Yeah, chest expanders are deceptively tough. And yeah, sometimes I look at the challenges and think, Who the hell designed this workout? :D

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

@Skywalker was right. The star plank was kind of miserable. :P But got it done w/ EC.

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Happy Halloween!

Well, today's challenge was more psychological than physical for me, having the patience to hold my arms out for 5 minutes. But I got it done w/ ex. How's everyone else doing?

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, DoubleTrouble said:

I put some music on, that probably made it easier though

Please tell me it was Thriller. :D

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Ah, I fell off the NF DDD bandwagon for a couple of days but back on for the weekend and O- pose hold done.  I don't think I looked as elegant as the picture :D

I did notice yesterday was climber tap so I'm not devastated that I missed it!

Skywalker

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

4 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Ohh, no, I'm late to the party Cry Any way to make up for lost days? Running

I'll complete today's challenge and add it to the books! Book 

Thanks for putting this together @WolfDreamer

In the past, we haven't allowed catch-up, but honestly if you want to complete every single missed challenge with extra credit by the end of the day today, I'll allow it. :D

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, WolfDreamer said:

In the past, we haven't allowed catch-up, but honestly if you want to complete every single missed challenge with extra credit by the end of the day today, I'll allow it. :D

Let's see... Thinking What am I getting myself in to? 

Oct 28: 200 Squat Hold Punches

Oct 29: 2 Minutes Chest Expansions

Oct 30: 30 Seconds Star Plank Hold

Oct 31: 5 Minutes Zombie Hold

Nov 1: 40 Climber Taps

Nov 2: 60 Seconds O-Pose Hold

Nov 3: 20 Scapula Shrugs

Nov 4: 40 Squat + Step Back

Nov 5: 40 Pulse Ups

Nov 6: 2 Minutes Turning Kicks

Nov 7: 2 Minutes Arm Extensions

Nov 8: 40 Side Plank Rotations

OMG, that was more than I thought it would be when I asked... And tbh I don't know what even half of those exercises are :P 

It's now 4:30 pm. So I do have a few hours to do it... We'll see!

• Like 2

Check Oct 28: 200 Squat Hold Punches

Check (140 expansions) Oct 29: 2 Minutes Chest Expansions

Check Oct 30: 30 Seconds Star Plank Hold

Check (The muscle burn! Fire) Oct 31: 5 Minutes Zombie Hold

Check Nov 1: 40 Climber Taps

Check Nov 2: 60 Seconds O-Pose Hold

Check Nov 3: 20 Scapula Shrugs

Check Nov 4: 40 Squat + Step Back

Check (Poo) Nov 5: 40 Pulse Ups

Check Nov 6: 2 Minutes Turning Kicks

Check (180 extensions) Nov 7: 2 Minutes Arm Extensions

Check Nov 8: 40 Side Plank Rotations

I hurt myself doing the Pulse Ups :(  Had to push pretty hard down in to the floor with my hands/arms to keep the rest of my body stable, and in doing so I hurt my triceps... Like a minor strain or something. But, other than that I had lots of fun :D  Even got my two boys to play along! Yay for keeping them off the Laptop for a little while :P 

20191109_174217.jpg.d24026a1405cf311a9881800fa091629.jpg

(Sorry for the mess in the background, we're remodeling our living room (and more). Read all about it in my challenge thread https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/114983-tobbe-gets-productive/)

• Like 2

Sorry I haven't been posting but I have been doing most* DD's.

Since I last checked in:  

I skipped Scapular shrugs :(

Did the Squat step backs in one go for extra credit

Pulse ups - were harder than I expected and I had to break them down into smaller sets

Side kicks - well I don't think that mine looked anything like the video - I might add as 'modified'!

Arm extensions (easy)

Side plank roations - nup (I swear I don't deliberately miss the planks, but I'm not devastated when I do :chargrined: )

Palm strikes - also missed.

I guess I'm still in time to do the pushups :(  IThere is no way I'll get the extra credit here!

Skywalker

9 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

Holy crap you actually did it

:D  

1 hour ago, Skywalker said:

Pulse ups - were harder than I expected

Yeah, no kidding!

Side kicks - well I don't think that mine looked anything like the video

Hah, don't be too hard on yourself. I'm nowhere limber enough to do it like the dude in the video. I'd be happy if my kicks were high enough to kick someone in the knees! :P What's important is that you do the kicks with the rotation as shown. And that you really have the courage to lean way over in the opposite direction as your kick. I found it scary at first, because I felt like I was going to fall over. But after a while my kicks got higher, my balance improved and my coordination improved. Just keep at it! :)  

Arm extensions (easy)

Super easy! But is the only difference between arm extensions and chest expansions really the way direction you keep your hands?

Palm strikes - also missed.

Too bad :( They were fun!

I guess I'm still in time to do the pushups :(  IThere is no way I'll get the extra credit here!

I did ten pushups in one go a few days ago. Doing 20 in one go is really going to be pushing it though Rolling on the Floor Laughing (sorry/not sorry! :D)

I actually could do 20 in one go! That makes me pretty happy. And they were all proper pushups; chest touching the floor on the bottom, and back lifted high/shoulder blades pressed apart on the top of the motion.

Not sure how much I was supposed to stagger my hands though. I placed the tip of my fingers on my right hand 2 - 3 inches behind the back of my left hand.