Avatar: The Last Darebender (Darebee PVP Challenge)

I was pacing back and forth in the living room, trying to calm my crying baby girl. After a while I was thinking I might as well make some use of the time, so I stopped waling, and instead did 20 back lunges on my left leg, and then 20 on my right, still with my girl in my arms. So the Daily Dare done, with extra credit, and extra weight Strong And now my legs are sore :D 

• Like 1

I'm going to have to declare reverse lunges as modified.  I'm nursing a dodgy knee (thanks to a week glute) so held on to a chair to help.  I find doing this I can get a full lunge rather than having a smaller range of movements.

I can see that tomorrow it is a modified star jump - I might see if I can knock that out in the morning as I have a shorter commute tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

3 minutes ago, Skywalker said:

I'm going to have to declare reverse lunges as modified.  I'm nursing a dodgy knee (thanks to a week glute) so held on to a chair to help.  I find doing this I can get a full lunge rather than having a smaller range of movements.

Well done on not just skipping it all together! It's so easy to just say "No, I can't do this", and then not do anything at all. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Skywalker said:

4 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Well done on not just skipping it all together! It's so easy to just say "No, I can't do this", and then not do anything at all. 

I was just about to skip today because my knee is not so good but then I saw this. Thanks guys

Done with EC (modified)

On 11/13/2019 at 6:10 AM, Tobbe said:

41 Seal Jacks done :) 

On 11/14/2019 at 7:42 AM, Tobbe said:

Just did the Reverse Angels. It was actually way more difficult than I thought it would be! The first 20 were alright. But then my shoulders were really starting to feel it. The last ten I did purely on willpower!

On 11/15/2019 at 2:39 AM, Tobbe said:

Completed 35 + 35 seconds of single leg hops while my morning cup of tea was steeping SnJlndO.png

How are you so consistent with these? Do you do them at a set time everyday or use an app or set an alarm or something?

:D  No set time, no app, no alarm :) I just think they're fun to do. And it takes at most 5 minutes. And I feel pretty good after doing the exercise. And, last but not least - a little friendly competition like this makes it even better Medal So all in all, it's something I enjoy doing, and when that's the case I don't find it difficult at all to just do it every day.

And with that said, yes, I did do today's Daily Dare as well. For a second, when I first read it, I thought I'd have to do 3 minutes with one leg, and I was like "I'll never be able to do that!". But then I read that it was just 90 seconds per leg. And I thought that sounded pretty easy. But then when I lay down to actually do the exercise it was way tougher than I thought it would be. After only 10 or 20 seconds I could feel the muscles in my leg that I had raised started to get sore and tired. The weird thing though was that it didn't really get any tougher after that. So in the end I could pretty easily do 90 seconds with each leg :)  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

I see. I usually remember that I haven't done the dare right before I fall asleep at night, then I have to either drag myself out of bed or give up on that day. I remembered today though! Plank jacks done with EC.

Also, notification emails when someone posts in this thread helps me to remember to do the dare. Just did 40 glute flexes, with EC

I've been off line for a while,  Reporting in on dailies:

Seal Jacks - yes I did them in the morning before work EC

Reverse Angles

Single Leg hops - no EC - boy did I struggle with this one.  60 seconds I think I was lucky to get 20 hops in.  I'm adding this to my weekly gym schedule I was so woeful there should be an easy win

Leg raise hold easly with EC

Plank jacks I didn't even try - I do hate planks

Glute Flex - urggg - I barely lifted off the ground AND had to break it up. I said I had weak glutes!  Another one to add to my 'things I suck at' list

Push up with rotation - I just missed

Single deadlift EC

I swear that I will do the Raised Leg Plant - just so I've actually done a plank dare.

• Like 1

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

I did the one leg deadlifts yesterday. It said to do 30. Usually that means 15 on each legs, but they didn't specify.

So I did 15 standing on my left leg. And then, as I was doing the deadlifts standing on my right leg I thought "what if they mean 30 on a single leg, or 30 on each leg?". So I did 30, standing on my right leg. And then I immediately switched back, and did 15 more on the first leg. So 15 + 30 + 15. I hope that's alright to get the extra credit. ⇗

2 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I did the one leg deadlifts yesterday. It said to do 30. Usually that means 15 on each legs, but they didn't specify.

So I did 15 standing on my left leg. And then, as I was doing the deadlifts standing on my right leg I thought "what if they mean 30 on a single leg, or 30 on each leg?". So I did 30, standing on my right leg. And then I immediately switched back, and did 15 more on the first leg. So 15 + 30 + 15. I hope that's alright to get the extra credit. ⇗

30 in a row for each leg or it doesn't count for EC :P You can redo it today, I will allow it :D