• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ElizeElvinFoxRyder

ElizeElvinFoxRyder - Running with the dogs

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Earthquakes are scary! Hopefully that's all you have. Well done Wednseday.

1 hour ago, TGP said:

there were reports of that earthquake all over africa and beyond.

There was a separate earthquake in the central parts of Africa yesterday of +-5.5. We eventually heard that what we had felt wasn't the aftershock of the Philippines' earthquake, but one homegrown down in Port Shepstone (on our east coast, south from us, Pietermaritzburg). It apparently occurred 10km underground, of 4.3 magnitude.

https://earthquaketrack.com/p/south-africa/recent

I think you really do have to connect with your friend in the Philippines, because there's been a couple quakes in that area these last couple of days. :(

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 4:38 PM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

I guess I overreacted to the situation, but... the boys say they understand and they assured me they don't use cheat codes.

Late to this, but I just want to say - I really don't think you did. It is YOUR house and YOUR rules and the boy not only disrespected that but tried to get your boys to disrespect your rules and by extension, you. It's not overreacting to have taken such a stance. 

The tremor sounds scary - stay safe!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Late to this, but I just want to say - I really don't think you did. It is YOUR house and YOUR rules and the boy not only disrespected that but tried to get your boys to disrespect your rules and by extension, you. It's not overreacting to have taken such a stance. 

The tremor sounds scary - stay safe!

Thanks Rho, it gives me more confidence in my reactions towards people, hearing this.

Luckily no more tremors. We aren't used to them, except in some mining areas in the country.

-------------------00-------------------- 

This week is really low on activities due to all the rain.

Week 1 - Thursday:

:dog: De-stress: Couldn't relax. I was wound up reading the documentation from NZ, realising all the things I still need to get ready, get documents in the right formats, etc. My mind was literally buzzing.

:dog: Finances: First bunch of monthlies done, dailies done. Up to date. Wasn't even a lot. I make it huge in my head because I don't like it.

:dog: Burpees: Nothing today.

• Pushups: 121 + 7Tu + 7We

:dog: Walking: None. Raining on and off. Same.

:dog: Dog run: Played with Zuzu inside. Played tug of war with a thick knotted rope I remembered I had for the climbing frame. We were all in on the game, taking turns to jump and skip around for a little bit, taking turns. My house is way too small for these kinds of activities.

:dog: Food:

• No/Low Gluten, Starch, Sugar: No, gluten rusks. I was very hungry for some or other reason. Think the cold and wet. Stomach cramps. Heartburn.
  • Water/Tea: About 1.5Lt of water, tea, milk. Same.
  • Coffee: Nope, hungry, cold, nerves were running high. Had 5 mugs, with the last one a very big one with cream. Late at night too :(

:dog: Measurements: Will weigh and measure every Monday morning.

A bit of info on documentation for NZ visa applications, hassles, etc.

Spoiler

Man I am really impressed with those people in NZ! I sent an email with some information about and asking for clarity on our specific situation (surname changes for me, proof of work experience and qualifications for Brandt, etc.) at what was probably 5pm our time, 4am NZ time. I received an answer on my email this morning! Some of the things that I've been worried about has been cleared up, but others like Brandt's degree and credits list/transcript has not. The transcript document isn't used in South Africa at all. I knew we have his two original degree certificates framed (thanks m.i.l.), but I never really, really looked at it! Stupid I know. Looked at them last night because I will have to have certified copies made of them, and then saw that his computer degree only states B.Sc., and not what he actually studied! That is so totally opposite of what all other universities do, and what was on my own certificate from the same institution, that I was just gob-smacked. So Brandt told me to get the certificates out of the frames anyway and have them copied, and I had to send of requests for copies to the university, and hope that we'll get copies and proof of his studies from them. Brandt never kept any of these documents as he never really needed it. We left everything with his mom, as she took all the documentation and had the degrees framed, and when she cleaned out her house, she threw the copies away. There is some hope that they'll work on his years of experience any way.

Also had to write a letter to our accountant asking for proof that he is registered as self employed at SARS (tax dept.), and also up to date tax records, tax number, etc. I have some of the documentation, but not all. She keeps the most important ones.

I also have to put together a time line document from when we started going out till now. Include photos as proof that we are, and have been, in an actual relationship ( @Elastigirl where are you when I need you?! :D ). Luckily I took photos of the photos m.i.l. have on display in her house from when we dated, got engaged, etc. Due to the fact that I keep records of all our expenses, I should have enough proof that we have bills coming to  the same address for the last 19 years! We unfortunately only have the home loan in both our names, the rest are either in Brandt's or my name, but apparently that will count. But I need to find a way to collate all same accounts into one document: so for instance put the front pages of the last 6 months' bank accounts in one document, instead of 6 separate documents. We don't have these documents in paper format, they are pdf's.

Any ideas on how to combine separate electronic documents into one document? I was thinking that I might have to make print screens of each page (electronic document) and then copy/paste into a collated document? Any easy way of combining separate pdf documents into one? I have to do this with all our telephone records, utility bills, medical aid and insurance policies. Each have to have it's own document with collated documents.

So I am definitely going to be busy for this next month at least! Luckily we are taking today off (Adam's actual birthday), so I'm quickly going to have scans of documents made which were easy to gather. Then I can start to upload some documents tonight already.

I'll try to pop in sometime over the weekend.

Be good! Don't be too naughty!

Enjoy yourself!

:love_heart:

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Any ideas on how to combine separate electronic documents into one document?

I actually have to do this for my reports at work. We use a software called Adolix Merge and Split. It takes two pdfs (or as many as you need really) and combines them into one. I think it's free, too. You won't lose the original separate files either, it just creates a new one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rhovaniel said:

I actually have to do this for my reports at work. We use a software called Adolix Merge and Split. It takes two pdfs (or as many as you need really) and combines them into one. I think it's free, too. You won't lose the original separate files either, it just creates a new one. 

*HUGS* You are a life saver! Thank you! I'll have a look at this. :love_heart:

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 5:34 PM, Tova the Vibrant said:

I've used this: https://smallpdf.com/merge-pdf before. Works well enough for me!

Thank you so much!

I started trying out the app that @Rhovaniel suggested and came right. I can really recommend the free version. The split tool came in handy so many times, actually more than the merge tool.

Week 1 - Friday:

:dog: De-stress: A bit more relaxed as I realised I had things under control... mostly. Lay done for a couple minutes.

:dog: Finances: Dailies, rest of the monthlies this coming week.

:dog: Burpees: Yes.

• Pushups: 121 + 7Tu + 7We + 8Fr = 143 Total.

:dog: Walking: None. Weather cleared, but was busy and out of house.

:dog: Dog run: Played with Zuzu inside. Before taking my destress break on the bed, I played with Zuzu on the bed. Bought him new toys, and had him jumping around, playing tug of war, etc. Good thing we have a king size bed, or Zuzu would have jumped off when going after the toys :D

• No/Low Gluten, Starch, Sugar: Gluten for lunch outing. Sugar in the coffee milkshake, but not a lot.
  • Water/Tea: Not a lot of water, maybe 1Lt.
  • Coffee: Back to four mugs, first with cream, others with milk.

:dog: Measurements: Will weigh and measure every Monday morning.

While out on lunch with Brandt and the boys on Friday, a friend and her two kids came by. She was also waiting for her husband, to have a lunch date. We invited her to sit with us while waiting for him. Our kids played nicely together, having a lot of fun. They ranged in ages from 6yrs (her daughter) to 13yrs (Adam). Not so nice is that the whole tone of the situation changed the minute her husband arrived. Things got stiff very quickly. He used to be a good friend of ours, and we have no idea what's changed. Anyway... Brandt luckily had to get back to the office, and the boys and I left too, so we left them to have time together as a family.

I had a lot of documents scanned Friday afternoon. Sorted through stacks and boxes of old financial papers, and was really chuffed with myself that at some point in the past I was really on point with all these things. Found so many old documents that is needed now (old payslips, tax forms, invoices, home loan documents, contracts). Papers that we didn't really need, because we've done the tax on it, but I kept it nonetheless.

Some things I've had to re-apply for: I had to ask our accountant to get proof from Tax dept. that Brandt has actually been self employed and taxed thusly for such a long time. Also had to apply for copies of his degree certificate, the transcripts and NQF level/score. I really hope it comes. I also decided to start getting all the necessary documents together to draw up a new, updated, NZ format CV for myself. Chances are good that I'll have to get a job working from home at some point. We are paying now for a CV to be drawn up, so why not get it done now?

Met the dad and siblings of Rocco's fencing friend on Saturday. The mom couldn't come as her baby daughter (2months old) were feeling off, and she had trouble feeding. So it was just the dad and I, their 4 other kids (3 boys, 1 girl) and my 2 boys. The kids all got along well, and everyone kept an eye on the little girl, who is only 3years old, but so, so busy! The dad and I actually had a great time chatting. They are planning on moving back to Malawi early next year, so we had a lot in common relating all the stressors about making all the arrangements, discussing the tourism industry in the two countries (Malawi and NZ), talking about home schooling (they HS too), and so many things! Their situation is however one step easier than ours: he is native Malawi, and they've lived there first after they got married, so they already have citizenship. They can just plan, up and move.

Saturday evening was quiet, and so was Sunday. I spent most of today uploading most of the documents, and writing a Partnership Timeline. They want to know the main points in our relationship, when and how we met, got engaged (if applicable), got married (if applicable), moved in together, had kids (if applicable), job changes, big changes or things that happened in our lives, how we handle the household responsibilities, finances, children, sport, chores. What our current life and situation is like, and what we plan for the future. Add photos as proof and to show that you have been together, etc. Preferably have photos with the family, or you as couple in it together. I absolutely enjoyed working with files and manipulating documents and setting things up again. I pulled out photos from so long ago, things we've forgotten about! Showed the boys photos of Brandt as a young man (fell in love from scratch - both ways apparently :love_heart:), developed a new level of respect and understanding for everything we've gone through in 26yrs of knowing each other. Went through the baby albums, which the boys enjoyed tremendously.

Then Brandt's friend and his wife came over. This is the couple also emigrating to NZ. I thought the lady didn't really like me, but it turns out that she is just really very scatter-brained! Her husband is flying to NZ this coming Friday, so he is doing the rounds saying goodbye. He will spend at least a month there, looking for work. If things work out, he won't be coming back to South Africa. I saw on the NZ Jobs Fb group that two people already asked him to hand in his CV (he is a diesel mechanic), so I'm hoping and praying for them that it comes through quickly. The lady and I talked so much about these stressful feelings of being in limbo, not knowing which way things are going. She hasn't made any arrangements or got quotes for moving, their dogs, anything, so I showed her my spreadsheet and sent it via email to her. It will really help to lessen her load and get some stress off her shoulders. I told her our door was open anytime she needed something, or just wanted some company. She will be staying behind with friends, but they don't quite understand how overwhelming everything feels at times, while I do. By the time we move to NZ we can put them on our friends living in NZ references list as well.

Oh and last but not least: South Africa's Springbuck rugby team won the World Cup match on Saturday! First time again in 15years? Was great seeing all the fans with happy faces. Gave hope to a lot of people.

All in all a great weekend. Was busy, but also had some good time to relax.

Now to face the new week.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

I started trying out the app that @Rhovaniel suggested and came right. I can really recommend the free version. The split tool came in handy so many times, actually more than the merge tool.

Glad it helps! We rarely use the split tool, but it is very useful if you need to pull just a few pages out. 

I'm so glad you were able to relax a little more and de-stress some! Playing with Zuzu sounds like de-stressing in a way too! 

8 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Oh and last but not least: South Africa's Springbuck rugby team won the World Cup match on Saturday! First time again in 15years? Was great seeing all the fans with happy faces. Gave hope to a lot of people.

I don't really follow rugby, so I have no hesitation in saying well done :D But will you soon be rooting for the All Blacks when you move? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

All in all a great weekend. Was busy, but also had some good time to relax.

Now to face the new week.

Congratualtions I suppose!  You really were the much better side and I could tell how much it meant to the players and fans just watching it on the TV!

• Like 2

Thunder on the way... need to pull the internet cable out soon soon!

Papers! Too much. Translations! Too expensive! And they want even more!

Brandt has to get his stuff together and get reference letters from his clients. We also need to push this as much as we can, or our Police clearance certificates will expire, and we have to get new ones. We also have to go for English tests within the next month or two. Latest January.

I'm struggling to get my brain to focus on one thing at a time. While I sit with the boys with school work it is going 100miles a minute thinking about documents and what requests I have to send. I am really trying now to do specific things at specific times and then just focusing on that. It is hard, but otherwise I'm going to do things half-assed for most of everything, so nothing gets done properly.

Thunder very close... I'm going off now!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Thunder on the way... need to pull the internet cable out soon soon!

Papers! Too much. Translations! Too expensive! And they want even more!

Brandt has to get his stuff together and get reference letters from his clients. We also need to push this as much as we can, or our Police clearance certificates will expire, and we have to get new ones. We also have to go for English tests within the next month or two. Latest January.

I'm struggling to get my brain to focus on one thing at a time. While I sit with the boys with school work it is going 100miles a minute thinking about documents and what requests I have to send. I am really trying now to do specific things at specific times and then just focusing on that. It is hard, but otherwise I'm going to do things half-assed for most of everything, so nothing gets done properly.

Thunder very close... I'm going off now!

sometimes life doesn't seem to give you the time you need to do it right.

that is ,sadly, something I'm way too comfortable with.  I generally am Not as meticulous and thorough as I should be.

it is a strength of yours, frustrating as it may be, that you want to be thorough and proper.

don't minimize your efforts; your attempts to do things well may have great influence in the future.  I hope it does !

hopefully, the thunderstorm was just a minor aggravation.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 8:50 AM, Rhovaniel said:

I'm so glad you were able to relax a little more and de-stress some! Playing with Zuzu sounds like de-stressing in a way too! 

I am now taking 15min. to have my coffee in relative peace, first thing in the morning, and trying for some time during the day when I feel I'm gnashing on my teeth.

Playing with Zuzu is actually very relaxing too! Never thought of that. He of course prefers de-stressing with me on the bed, especially if my fingers scratch juuuuuussst under his chin, then those short hind legs scratch in the air like crazy! :D

Today (and Sunday) we kept Zuzu running while we chased flying ants for Breeze, our bearded dragon. He ate lots! He actually tried jumping to catch some and it looked so funny.

On 11/4/2019 at 8:50 AM, Rhovaniel said:

I don't really follow rugby, so I have no hesitation in saying well done :D But will you soon be rooting for the All Blacks when you move? 

Uhhhmmm we'll have to start rooting for the All Black I suppose, but we aren't really following rugby at this stage either :redface-new: We heard it all around from neighbours' houses though. And afterwards! Heck I was scared for another earthquake from people jumping up and down here in South Africa!

On 11/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, Quirky Quinn said:

Congratualtions I suppose!  You really were the much better side and I could tell how much it meant to the players and fans just watching it on the TV!

As I said to Rho... I don't really follow, but thank you. It really lifted the morale here in South Africa, which is much needed at the moment. Can I take it you are from UK?

And welcome to my challenge! :loyal:

17 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Great how organized you are with all the info about the move, and how because of that you were able to help your friend

I'm glad that I could help her. I thought I was stressed about the whole thing, but she... She is running on fumes, especially now that her husband is going over. She is currently staying in a granny flat on friends' property, with her two dogs. That was why I said that anytime things got too much, she is really welcome to come here to blow off some steam, or if she gets stuck with something, I'll try to help.

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

sometimes life doesn't seem to give you the time you need to do it right.

that is ,sadly, something I'm way too comfortable with.  I generally am Not as meticulous and thorough as I should be.

it is a strength of yours, frustrating as it may be, that you want to be thorough and proper.

don't minimize your efforts; your attempts to do things well may have great influence in the future.  I hope it does !

hopefully, the thunderstorm was just a minor aggravation.

Today really felt rushed from just after getting up, till now. But I think I managed to slow down my thoughts, because it's not jumping all over the place.

I am really saying thank you to my past self for being thorough and always in 'cover your ass' mode, w.r.t. tax papers and such, because I found all those old documents and had to use them now for emigration. Without it, we would have struggled a lot. I'm still waiting for replies from documents I've requested, but this is South Africa - it's not called Africa Time for nothing :D One document request that was answered (I'm truly shocked at how fast it came), was the transcript for Brandt's last degree from UNISA. And I only now realised that Brandt actually majored in two fields, which means it was actually two B.Sc. degrees in one, and he passed one with distinction! Hope the boys inherited his brains DNA.

The thunderstorm broke while I drove Rocco to fencing class. It started to hail, but smallish stones. When I stopped at the printing shop I had to run 10m to undercover and got pelted by hail stones, but it wasn't sore. Just cold. I probably looked like a wet dog, because I was sopping wet. :D Was actually nice running in the rain. Yeah... proof I'm losing my marbles ;)

Week 1 - Monday:

:dog: De-stress: 15 min. first thing in the morning, and then only a bit off while waiting for the boys at swimming. I wasn't alone, but I did relax.

:dog: Finances: Not yet.

:dog: Burpees: No.

• Pushups: 143 Total.

:dog: Walking: Not today.

:dog: Dog run: I honestly can't remember. Think Rocco and Adam took turns playing with him outside, but I didn't.

• No/Low Gluten, Starch, Sugar: Nothing - all good.
  • Water/Tea: About 1.5Lt.
  • Coffee: Four mugs, two with cream, two with milk.

:dog: Measurements: Weighed: 1kg down to 98.6kg. Measurements - some up, some down, all less than 1cm movement.

As I mentioned to TGP above, we received one transcript of Brandt's studies and I'm so impressed with Brandt! He did two degrees in one, and got a distinction for one study line (field?). I'm still waiting for other document requests, but otherwise the lady at NZ Shores are really impressed and happy with most documents so far. Just need extra, and I need to have a lot of documents translated from Afrikaans to English, which is going to cost a fortune. It has to be done by certified people. Just like the documents that we will have to have certified copies made of. Immigration NZ say straight that they will not accept copies certified by South African Police.

Adam and I spent some 30min. on Sunday catching flying ants for our bearded dragon, and again this morning. If a bearded dragon could grin, she would have looked like the Cheshire Cat. Tummy full and totally satisfied with life! Or like this beardy in the photo.

image.png.0c211f03ddfd8ede192f3b3d1a227ed9.png   image.png.5f970dd7e9681ebbb3581aa40cd9422e.png

2 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

Fingers crossed the thunderstorm doesn't last too long!

The storm didn't last too long, about 20min? but there was a second one a little later, much smaller. Then it stopped, and about half an hour ago (about 4 hours after the first one) it started drizzling again, and the wind is picking up now, so another front is moving over, bringing in another storm. This is more normal weather for us in spring.

Ok, I've totally overindulged on coffee this afternoon,  but my thoughts are more settled and more organised. I just have so much that I would like to do! I want to make a dent in those boxes with photos; I want to start on the boys' home school work for next year - printing out and setting up stories to read (yeah I'm not happy with what I have at the moment); I want to start on a history, animal and geography project for the boys on New Zealand, similar to the South African one I did.

Oh, and I've made delicious Ox tail stew! First time that I made it myself, and it is for tomorrow night. I won't have much time at home tomorrow, so I did it tonight, and it came out yummy! I can't wait for dinner tomorrow night.

Now I have to sign off again, because another storm is blowing in! Seriously! But we need the rain.

• Like 6

On 11/6/2019 at 1:00 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Enjoy the rain! I'm glad documents are starting to come in.

Thanks. It's been raining on and off, chased by winds, or pre-empted by frontal winds. There was one night with vicious winds. A branch broke off a tree right next to Serenity's carport roof! No damage for us though. A tree in Francoisana's garden was blown over - missed the house, missed the concrete slab fence, LUCKY! Two sections of her fence was broken none the less, but apparently it happened from the neighbour's side, so they're fixing it.

Not much happened challenge wise this past week. I had my hands full with documents and a spinning mind. About the only win this week were stress-relief time. I only did daily finances this week, no monthlies. No burpees at all so far, only a short 3.1km walk on Wednesday, then the weather came in so fast that I actually pulled the boys from Lego class early to make a break for home. First, it looked like a bad storm and I had to drive down a pass getting home, and second, the dogs were outside (was sunny-ish when we left), and Missy gets terrified of storms, so I wanted to get to her in time. I basically kept in front of it all the way home. Made it with ten minutes to spare when it broke over the house. It died down within a short span of time as well, and then it started raining softly on and off for the rest of the day/night. The same thing happened on Thursday, except I just quickly went to town running errands, then went home. No riding again for Adam. And today was cloudy, raining on and off, but more mist rain.

Back to challenge update: Zuzu got some playtime this week, however very little running time from me. Food started off well, but I've had something sugary, although very little, every day since Wednesday. Wednesday I had 3x bottles of water! but Thursday (1+) and Friday (<1), I struggled. And coffee was way too high on those two days as well, although I did manage to cut down on the cream in my coffee, at least.

Brandt finally gave me an astronomically long list of invoices (of course!) which I'm sifting through this weekend while he is away at a track race. Brandt left this morning at 8h30am, and just as he pulled out of the driveway Francoisana pulled in. As I mentioned to Tank, she had wind damage on her property, and asked for my help with emails and forms. Made the necessary phone call, received the claim form, filled it in, chatted to her a bit. She asked about the emigration plans. I told her. Told her about mil's reaction. She said she understood the heartache, because that is how she feels whenever she thinks about me/us moving away, but she also knows that we have to do what we think is right for our family. We cried a bit; Rocco gave us hugs and gave her a back massage. We cried a bit more. So we have her support, which I am very thankful for.

I did another thing: the sister at the home phoned (on Monday) to tell me my mom was running out of arthritis meds. I told her that the pharmacy shop (Clicks - franchise) was having trouble importing a lot of brands (especially homeopathic, or natural products) from international countries. The sister put my mom on the phone so I could tell her that I'll try to find something, but that specific pill is finished at the moment. My mom gets very worked up when there is a change in her pills. Well, the thing I did was to push my courage/strength, and told myself I have to desensitization myself to seeing my mom's name on my phone. I am sick and tired of these feelings of anxiousness every now and again. So I took the block off her name on Whatsapp only. She is still blocked on the regular cellphone service. She almost immediately realised it, as I got a message saying good morning have a nice day, a couple seconds later. I've been getting a morning and night (have a good night) every single day, and it isn't really bothering me! I only once answered to say good night, and have decided that I am the one in control, and am treating receiving her messages like the constant flow of messages on the community group. I'm ok with it.

I took a big part of this afternoon off and the boys also told me early on that they weren't keen for friends to come and play (specifically D!) as both had new games (Adam's birthday game, and Rocco rented one at the DVD store) that they wanted to get in to. I played some games, I watched some YouTube videos, I was a little on Facebook, and now I'm going to batch up on those invoices. Will probably not go to bed early tonight, but that's ok, I'm sleeping in tomorrow morning.

I'll try to visit your challenges over the weekend.

Have a good weekend.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She probably never stopped sending them.

Yes, when the sister and I spoke a while back about my mom's cellphone, the sister said she was on it a lot during the day. That's also the one thing that everyone (family) moans about to me. Why is your mom constantly sending whatsapp messages? Every single day, morning and evening. I didn't get a morning message yet, but *shrug* it isn't bothering me. That is one of her habits that keeps her calm, so let her have/enjoy it. If it bothers the family members they can block her.

I am all up to date on all the documentation that I had in my/our possession! The only things outstanding are documents we are waiting for from university, accountant, and bank. Oh and we need to have those documents translated. That's still a whopper! And visa photos. Some of the people on the Fb group used Passport photo maker app on their phones and their photos were accepted. I used it for the boys' photos, and will hear what the agency says. If it is acceptable, then I'll use it for us as well, otherwise we'll just go to a shop.

I went to bed normal time <22h00, but was awake around 3h30, because the dogs wanted to go out. They sped around the side of the house to the back, but didn't bark or growl, and about 15min. later all three traipsed back in. I locked up and went back to bed. Slept till 7am, got up, made coffee, fed the pets, and got back into bed. I listened to two songs (King of Kings, Hillsong; Selah, Yet Not I) that a friend from Lego sent me. We chat every now and again, otherwise just wave at each other as we drive past on our way in or away from Lego. The songs were just what I needed. :love_heart:

Got up/out of bed again around 8h30, changed the linen on the bed, vacuumed the house, started the laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and I'm now catching up to threads. My eyes feel heavy and I am definitely feeling tired. I'm going to play some games and read some books, and just take it easy. Don't want to think too much. Tomorrow I plan to fix up some clothing and Rocco's sleeping bag. And go grocery shopping. And return the DVDs. And relax the rest of the day.

Someone has been shooting with a pellet at the monkeys this morning, and it freaked Missy out. She ran into the kitchen shaking all over! I had to give her another calming tablet. The two young dogs are fine though. Clean-ish floors aren't going to last long as it is misty-wet and cold. Dogs and boys are carrying in little bits of stick, mud and leaves. I will literally have to cover the stoep in carpet to wipe their feet on to get it to stay outside. *shaking head* *shrug* *too bad*

Edited by ElizeElvinFoxRyder
fixed spelling
  • Like 3

We finally have some real sunshine again! And it is shining with all it's might.

Ok, so we had about a week of near constant rain. I can't remember what I did and didn't do, except probably more didn't than did. A lot of cleaning, laundry... I don't know what else. This morning I cleaned the oven, vacuumed the house, dusted, cleaned the filters, the compost bin (and found evidence again of someone using our compost heap as hidey-hole :angry:).

Week 1 - Monday:

:dog: De-stress: Morning coffee in bed, either praying or listening to faith-music. Is a good start to the day. Took a break during the day as well.

:dog: Finances: Dailies up to date. Monthlies... this week!

:dog: Burpees: Nothing yet.

• Pushups: 143

:dog: Dog run: Played with Zuzu inside. Not for long, but I got a bit of movement in.

• No/Low Gluten, Starch, Sugar: No gluten, no sugar, no starch.
  • Water/Tea: About 2Lt, of which half was rooibos tea. Hot with a splash of milk.
  • Coffee: I'm struggling to cut back to 4 mugs. I'm stuck on 5. At least down on the cream.

:dog: Measurements: Weight down 0.5kg. Now 97.9kg. I basically lost 2kg since the start of the challenge. And really lost it, not just water or bloating or such. Measurements are not down however. They are where they have been basically.

I seem to be running in to old friends every week at the swimming pool. Nice catching up and chatting again. Stress is getting to me a bit. Cramps in my jaw! of all places. Feet at night, and I'm tired and forgetful, but I'm trying to relax. Going to sit and read while Rocco has fencing now.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Congrats on the weight loss!

When I'm stressed, I clench my jaw (or sometimes just when I'm thinking) It seems less now, but I use to get jaw cramps a lot

Thanks! Yes I realised I'm clenching my jaw, biting on my molars. It is sometimes so bad I can't open my mouth or chew. I'm hoping now that I'm conscious about it, I'll stop it before it cramps, but... *shrug*. We'll have to see.

Guys there was a huge storm in and around Pietermaritzburg (Pmb, here where I live) area yesterday! About an hour out of Pmb we had an actual tornado hit! I watched the footage last night and it was terrible. It sliced through an electricity plant like a hot knife through butter! Another tornado formed closer to Pmb on a farm, a short while later. In town we had a huge thunderstorm with hail again. Just as Rocco's fencing class was about to finish up, it started pouring with rain. The coach ran out with heavy foam mattresses to protect her car as she still had another hour's classes to give. I told Rocco to get out of his kit and we left with the other worried parents. I drove through small hail again till close at home, then suddenly bigger hail stones came down, but when I stopped in front of our gate all the hail stopped! The rain was still coming down in buckets and I was sopping wet by the time I'd opened the gate, pulled the car up under the carport, and ran back down to close and lock the gate (and got back up to the house). There are uprooted trees, branches broken, some hail damage, all around town, but we were unscathed except for being soaked to the bone. The weather people are forecasting more storms for the rest of the week. I can't remember it ever being this much, so frequently, and so bad. This is the actual first tornado I've heard about in our area, or close by anyway.

The municipality said that we are not going to be intentionally loadshedded this month, but not a day has gone by that the electricity doesn't flicker or go out for a couple minutes at a time. They say that is due mostly because of all the underground water interfering with cables, but also just the shear amount of water coming down, making it's way inside electricity mains boxes? Maybe it's time to fix the holes in the boxes or weather proof them.

Week 1 - Tuesday:

:dog: De-stress: Morning coffee in bed. Was just quiet, and then some prayers after reaching home unscathed through that storm.

:dog: Finances: Nothing else yet.

:dog: Burpees: Nothing yet.

• Pushups: 143

:dog: Dog run: Nothing.

• No/Low Gluten, Starch, Sugar: Had a chocolate with nuts.
  • Water/Tea: About 2Lt, of which half was rooibos tea. Hot with a splash of milk. Same
  • Coffee: Had 4 and half mugs (small ones). First and last ones with cream.

:dog: Measurements: Measured on Monday. Weight down, measurements not.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Scary! Glad you are alright. Hopefully the rest of the week isn't quite such crazy weather

Just have to take it as it comes. I've already told Brandt if a heavy storm comes up this afternoon, I'm not going to Lego. Last week I had to race out in front of it to get home. If it is light rain, then it's fine. I'll dose Missy and keep the dogs inside. But no driving through these heavy storms if not absolutely necessary to get home. Extra-murals just aren't worth it.

• Like 2