Baby JackJack-little but POWERFUL/An Elastigirl challenge

Elastigirl

This challenge I will be like Jack Jack-He may be the littlest Incredible, but he’s also the most powerful

Jack- Jack is…….. adaptable

incredibles-2-jack-jack-1084622.jpeg

This challenge I am doing a program with GMB called Move Better Month. It is their Vitamin program, done live with others, so you can chat with trainers and other GMB people who are doing the same program at the same time. This is going to be my main focus.  Each day you work on a new skill, and also some of the time work on the stretching routine

It is a 6 day a week program, I will hopefully keep up with it daily, but my goal is to do at least 4 days a week

I will do the stretching routine 2 days a week

I will video some of the days (not going for a SMART goal here, my brain can only track so much)

Continue my floating crow practice

Jack- Jack has laser eyes

incredibles.png

I will use my laser vision to write out three  to do goals for the upcoming week

Jack- Jack can replicate others

incredibles-2-2018-edna-jack-jack-review

Not sure exactly how this fit with my goal, but it’s a good power

I will continue my Mari Kondo goals. Every 30 minutes I spend on it , I get to go to my Amazon wish list and buy something.

Jack- Jack likes cookies

articlethumb-cookie_356c0cda.jpeg?region

We are going to be on vacation during December, so I need to do holiday prep during November. I will bake and freeze some cookies for the Holidays.

Jack- Jack has lots of powers, I will use all my powers  to get my to-do list accomplished

You+Have+Powers_Incredibles+2_Teaser+Tra

Plan Thanksgiving with sister

Plan Thanksgiving with hubby’s family

Christmas budgeting with hubby

Christmas shop for hubby

Christmas shop for son

Decorate tree

Decorate house

Plan  and do meal for Christmas tree decorating

make Christmas plans with sister

make Christmas plans with hubby’s family

buy snacks for vacation

• Like 12

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Three things to accomplish this week;

Mari Kondo 30 minutes Linen closet

rake leaves

volunteer

• Like 4

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Every 60 minutes I spend on it , I get to go to my Amazon wish list and buy something.

Nice!

• Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Following:
CheapShockedGuernseycow-size_restricted.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I love this.  Here to follow

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

21 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Nice!

Let's hope it motivates me!

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following:
CheapShockedGuernseycow-size_restricted.

Hi, and I love Jack - Jack vs the raccoon

17 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

Image result for gif jack jack"

Go get it!!

Hi there

15 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Yay for JackJack!

636641953060473270-Incredibles25b15dc426

8 hours ago, Novaurora said:

I love this.  Here to follow

Waving hello.

3 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Got you!

Oh good, I never did get back and give you the link.After I post this I need to update my signature

3 hours ago, TGP said:

oh Cool!   a new GMB program

is this a new release for GMB too?

it sounds like PARTICULARLY will make you one multitalented superHero...

It is not a new release. They have had the Vitamin program for a while. However, right now they are doing it live.WHich means everyone starts up at a set date, and they all get to post for free on the GMB site , and the coaches encourage and give advice. So, it's really fun to hear about how other people are working on the same exact thing you are.

• Like 2

Wanted to mention one thing from the weekend; I made gluten free gingerbread cookies. I bought cookie cutters in the shape of a leaf and pumpkin, and then decorated them. It was super fun and made me happy. Also, I used powered sugar for the icing, instead of trying to swap out something healthier. Because sometimes, I need to just enjoy.And my friend who is celiac, had three cookies, so I guess they were a hit. He said they were good, which also made me happy. Speaking of I can't, I can't do gluten free baking was something I've said, so I am enjoying the fact that I can. It is a hard learning curve, but I am getting there. 

Yesterday

My first day of the vitamin skill .We did  bear, normal and then bent arm and bent leg. I think I am improving on the bear. The main cue is to stick your butt up in the air. Also worked on the floating crow. I can do the progression now where you are in a crow/tripod hold and put one leg back, so that is improving. Had my son over for board games. One of my favorites, The Reckoners(based on a Brandon Sanderson book)     No Marie Kondo happened. My prize is tea, which I want, but I don't want to do the decluttering.  It was a super sunny day so I went for a long walk.

Our brother in law is staying at our house while he is house hunting, so I may not post as much in people's threads, as I have less time in the evening.And I am posting in the GMB thread Plus, I am trying to get stuff done for Christmas. So, I may just read your threads and push the like button.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Terra said:

How did I miss your challenge before today?!?!?  

Well it may have to do with the fact that I didn't post until MondayB) Did I mention I have an Edna Mode mug with all her quotes. I love her.

tumblr_mhxf4sRuAg1rk7oy2o1_500.gif

6 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Hi!

tenor.gif?itemid=3753457

Hi!

• Like 4

I'm amending my challenge so that 30 minutes decluttering wins a prize. I picked out little prizes, but then I thought 30 minutes was too short a time, but I have so little mojo for this that I decided to set my bar lower.

Also copy and paste from my training log_

prep; warm up joint warm up, wrist stretch, breakdance to squat move
play: crow to forward roll. saw this on F1 and decided it would be fun to try; it was fun!
push: tripod crow to one leg back, both head up and down, can only do a few, hardest is to get back into crow after each movement
crow presses; can do these well and with good form and do several before tiring

Then Vitamin work (notes over there- * I'm posting on the GMB forum
Then Bear variations, thinking butt up is improving, I love the stretch from doing bear to bent arm and leg knee to elbow, feels like a whole body stretch

• Like 6

On 10/29/2019 at 9:34 PM, Elastigirl said:

Wanted to mention one thing from the weekend; I made gluten free gingerbread cookies. I bought cookie cutters in the shape of a leaf and pumpkin, and then decorated them. It was super fun and made me happy. Also, I used powered sugar for the icing, instead of trying to swap out something healthier. Because sometimes, I need to just enjoy.And my friend who is celiac, had three cookies, so I guess they were a hit. He said they were good, which also made me happy. Speaking of I can't, I can't do gluten free baking was something I've said, so I am enjoying the fact that I can. It is a hard learning curve, but I am getting there. 

I haven't baked GF in such a long time. I think I'm going to make the last bag of biscuits (not GF) which mil brought with, disappear (donate or gift to someone), and then get the boys to help me bake in December. I don't know what recipe you used, but what I can remember from my previous baking sprees are that almond and tapioca flour can replace ordinary cake flour 1:1, but be careful with tapioca because it will clump together, with a texture like it didn't rise properly - all sticky and rubbery inside. I've replaced 1/2 tapioca and 1/2 almond when making pancakes (crepes?) and it came out nice.

I also rediscovered a lady here who makes her own flour pre-mixes for cakes, biscuits, pizza crusts, etc. and her products always come out great. It is just a bit on the pricey side.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:34 PM, Elastigirl said:

So, I may just read your threads and push the like button.

No problem with that. Totally understand.

PS: It suddenly hit me, when I watched Edna walk in front of Mr. I ^^^, that he has very thin legs for a strong man. He must be skipping leg day? ;)

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

8 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

I haven't baked GF in such a long time. I think I'm going to make the last bag of biscuits (not GF) which mil brought with, disappear (donate or gift to someone), and then get the boys to help me bake in December. I don't know what recipe you used, but what I can remember from my previous baking sprees are that almond and tapioca flour can replace ordinary cake flour 1:1, but be careful with tapioca because it will clump together, with a texture like it didn't rise properly - all sticky and rubbery inside. I've replaced 1/2 tapioca and 1/2 almond when making pancakes (crepes?) and it came out nice.

I also rediscovered a lady here who makes her own flour pre-mixes for cakes, biscuits, pizza crusts, etc. and her products always come out great. It is just a bit on the pricey side.

No problem with that. Totally understand.

PS: It suddenly hit me, when I watched Edna walk in front of Mr. I ^^^, that he has very thin legs for a strong man. He must be skipping leg day? ;)

I am very blessed to live in a place where it is easy to get GF flour mixes. I have one that is a mix of rice/ tapioca and other stuff. Then  another which  I love, which is a mix of almond, cassava, and flour. The almond flour is a bit expensive, but  I'm not feeding kids, it's just us. Sometimes for me, expensive is better, as it is a reminder that I need to have a serving size. I also have GF pancake mix (a mix of almond flour and other Paleo stuff) which I have.

Yes, Mr Incredible really needs to stop skipping Leg Day .:)That is the Mr Incredible in the movie, not mine. My Mr Incredible has nice legs.B)

• Like 3

Jumping in on the GF baking conversation!!!  I love the Simple Mills boxed mixes.  Too much rice messes with my system so I adore Simple Mills!  I have a gingersnap cookie recipe that I try to cook every holiday season because that is the holiday cookie of my childhood.  There is also a bread/stuffing recipe that I make for thanksgiving each year that even my dad likes (and he hates most of my GF//paleo baking) 

If there is interest I can dig them recipes out...  

anigif_sub-buzz-3104-1518700655-2.gif

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Chase the Rainbow

22 minutes ago, Terra said:

Jumping in on the GF baking conversation!!!  I love the Simple Mills boxed mixes.  Too much rice messes with my system so I adore Simple Mills!  I have a gingersnap cookie recipe that I try to cook every holiday season because that is the holiday cookie of my childhood.  There is also a bread/stuffing recipe that I make for thanksgiving each year that even my dad likes (and he hates most of my GF//paleo baking) 

If there is interest I can dig them recipes out...  

anigif_sub-buzz-3104-1518700655-2.gif

Oh yes please, Gingersnap cookie recipe nom!

I just discovered the Simple Mills boxed mixes. It was pumpkin bread/muffins. It was so good, and very little added sugar. I also love Simple Mills   already made crackers.

• Like 1

Good days yesterday and today. Gorgeous sunshine, a bit chilly, but I love cold, clear days. Went on walks. Did my Vitamin workout. I am levelling up on the floating crow. Right now I can be in the crow/tripod position (head down hands in crow position) and lift one leg back and float it. Very cool, I feel like something just clicked, and now I get it, and something that was super hard is not so hard.

Vitamin is good for our challenge this week, as each day seems a bit out of my comfort zone. Today's was forward rolls. I can do those now without too much fear, but the you try it with a variation like a kick, or from a high squat, and it is kind of scary. I wasn't able to do all the variations, but I pushed myself to try the

• Like 5

On 10/31/2019 at 3:07 AM, Elastigirl said:

Did I mention I have an Edna Mode mug with all her quotes. I love her

Did you know that Brad Bird does her voice?

Current Challenge: More treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

Epic Quest: Kokiri Forest | Great Deku Tree | Great Deku Tree, part 2 - boss fight | Meeting Princess Zelda | In the royal tomb | Still in the royal tomb | Treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

___

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." --- Hero's Shade, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

___

I help research into the Coronavirus with Rosetta@home and World Community Grid. You can too.

1 hour ago, The Hero of Time said:

Did you know that Brad Bird does her voice?

No, I didn't. That's super cool. I checked IMBD and  it says they were going to do Lily Tomlin, but Brad did the test track, and everyone liked it so much, they kept him. He's obviously super talented. 

• Like 1

I love your theme for this challenge. The Incredibles movies are some of my favorites by Pixar. 

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 11 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard