Baby JackJack-little but POWERFUL/An Elastigirl challenge

Elastigirl

Made some stew yesterday with bone broth. Had it for dinner and breakfast. I really like soup for breakfast. Had friends over for our prayer time, and then went on a walk with one of my friends. My brother in law is living with us while he house hunts- he now goes on walks- so yay for influencing people. 

Going to copy and paste my training logs from GMB;

Yesterday my knee was slightly sore after training. After I went for a walk though it felt fine. I did decide to do my training today on my thicker mat.

I started out warming up by doing the flow from week 2. I thought that would be a great way to get my knees and ankles warmed up.

Really focused on the landing. Started out with just a regular jump then went to the turn. At first my landings were wobbly, but I improved. I tried the jump with looking up at my arms, but that made me dizzy.
Then I tried the 360. Not able to do a full 360, but I did manage some good 270.

I took video and watched it. I was focusing on the ski jump, and that looks solid. In the video though, I didn’t lower my outside arm very much. Next time I will focus on that.
Finished with the supine hip stretch and kneeling stretch

Floating crow;
play: saw how far into my armpits I could get my knees and how that affected the hold, tried knees at various spots

practice; this was wobbly, I struggled with everything I tried, all the crow tripod leg back moves. Kept this short as it wasn’t happening

push; presses and crow tilt (tripod to crow) very pretty
Then I did vitamin then came back and tried more practice with some of the more advanced progressions. one of each went better; couldn’t do a left leg back head up, but did the other moves. I think the balance part of my brain was what I struggled with at the first practice

• Like 10

Wisdom 18.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Made some stew yesterday with bone broth. Had it for dinner and breakfast. I really like soup for breakfast. Had friends over for our prayer time, and then went on a walk with one of my friends. My brother in law is living with us while he house hunts- he now goes on walks- so yay for influencing people. 

Sounds like you might have a career as an influencer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

10 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

You've influenced a lot of people through your exercise enthusiasm. Way to go.

I would have soup any time of the day! But I'm the only one with that point of view in the house :( Soup and stews. Yumm!!

I second the soup & stew = yum.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sounds like you might have a career as an influencer.

Only it's the old people style of influencing, and  sadly I make no money for it:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Jack Jack is adaptable

Vitamin- 5 of 6 days done

stretching 2 days a week done

Laser Eyes plan for week

contact sister

make Christmas list

Hotel reservations for trip

have hubby make Christmas list

buy him slippers for Christmas

Got a lot done. Made Thanksgiving plans. Made hotel reservations,Bought hubby a Christmas gift. And we made a fun plan for Christmas. Since we are going to Disneyworld right before Christmas, we are going to buy a light saber for our Christmas present! There's this thing in Galaxy's Edge (new part of DW) where you buy a light saber, and  you go through this special show and make it. It sounds really cool, but nothing we would ever buy. So we decided to do it for our Christmas present, and our son is getting one too (his money not Christmas gift). Which is fun, and also means the only thing left to buy for hubby is stocking stuffers.

I am not going to do any more Marie Kondoing.We are having Thanksgiving at our house, and I want to finish all the Christmas prep before we leave so I don't want to worry about that.

This is the last week of GMB's Vitamin, so I want to finish strong.

Laser Eyes

Christmas shop for son 

meal plan and grocery list for Thanksgiving

meal plan for Christmas tree decorating party

write Christmas list (was supposed to do last week)

sew button on Hubby's pants

list of things to buy for trip- snacks clothes etc.

make Christmas cookies- this is an option if time- last priority

• Like 7

On 11/14/2019 at 10:54 AM, Elastigirl said:

Only it's the old people style of influencing

Don't sell yourself short, you've influenced a ton of people on this site alone.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:54 AM, Elastigirl said:

and  sadly I make no money for it:lol:

But, yeah, that part might still be true.

• Like 3

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

On 11/18/2019 at 2:04 AM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Way to go on the Vitamins and all the planning and reservations.

So exciting to go to Disneyworld!

Thanks!

On 11/18/2019 at 11:20 AM, jstanlick said:

Don't sell yourself short, you've influenced a ton of people on this site alone.

But, yeah, that part might still be true.

Thanks. I wasn't trying to sell myself short. I was just trying to make a silly comment to Tank's comment about being an influencer, which I took as a joke. (Not that I don't influence people, just a funny word play) 

• Like 3

Spent yesterday at my inlaws. They are looking to move in with my brother in law , and he is looking for a house. We went and looked at a house, but it isn't going to work out. I didn't get home until almost 5. As soon as I got home, I did a workout with floating crow practice, the Vitamin movement for the day, and some clean and presses, and goblet squat. Then I made some tacos with leftover cooked ground beef. I  thought I did a great use of time. Oh, the Vitamin movement was super hard, and I sucked at it, but still managed to enjoy it, so that's a win.

Today's vitamin was crow to headstand. I used to be able to do that. But have lost it. I can't even do a normal headstand now. One day I will have to focus on that to see if I can regain that.

• Like 8

I saw a lady doing stretches on the pedestrian bridge over the road on my walk to work yesterday and I thought of you and your yoga anywhere ^_^

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I saw a lady doing stretches on the pedestrian bridge over the road on my walk to work yesterday and I thought of you and your yoga anywhere ^_^

It's been a  while since I've done yoga anywhere. Remember all those awesome mini challenges where we took pictures doing yoga in weird places, and then there was the drinking yoga- those were fun. We need something like that again. Maybe to start off the new year I'' set up a fun mini

• Like 8

I’m in for a yoga mini.  What better way to start off the new year.  I wonder what fun twist awaits. 

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

32 minutes ago, suzyQlou said:

I’m in for a yoga mini.  What better way to start off the new year.  I wonder what fun twist awaits. 

I'm open for suggestions!

On 11/20/2019 at 6:21 PM, Elastigirl said:

and then there was the drinking yoga- those were fun. 

Drinking yoga? What is that? 

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 11 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

1 hour ago, Aquarii said:

Drinking yoga? What is that? 

We did it as a mini challenge. I'm thinking it was @Mad Hatter's idea or maybe @raptron We had a list of Yoga poses to choose from, and then we had to do that pose while drinking, and take a picture  of yourself and post it. The  idea was to be drinking alcohol, but we also just did water or whatever. It was goofy, and a fun way to try some new poses.

15 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

We did it as a mini challenge. I'm thinking it was @Mad Hatter's idea or maybe @raptron We had a list of Yoga poses to choose from, and then we had to do that pose while drinking, and take a picture  of yourself and post it. The  idea was to be drinking alcohol, but we also just did water or whatever. It was goofy, and a fun way to try some new poses.

Lol, I think I would very much enjoy a challenge like that. 

• Like 1

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ooooh fun, it's been a while since we did a silly challenge! 😄

That's what I was thinking. 

What went well for last week:

We had  a couple over from our church for dinner- good dinner. And I baked a gf apple cake. When I tried to take it out of the pan, it partially broke. I didn't panic, just stuck it back together and decided to frost it instead of the planned glaze. The frosting held it together. I was nervous about having people over (will we have enough to talk about!) but it went well and we had a good time, and the dinner I made was good (tasty but not too much fussing over it required)

Finished the Vitamin program, and did the stretches.

Didn't finish all my  laser eyes to do list, but a good number

I bought some GF cookies, which is the first time in a long time I've just had store bought cookies at the house. I managed to enjoy them and just eat a reasonable sized serving each day

What was challenging.

Ate too much sugar over the weekend- frosting is my nemsis. It's so much sugar eating too much of it makes me quesy and yet I still eat it.I had leftovers from the cake. I did throw the part that was still left in the garbage, so I don't have to use my will power on it anymore

Trying to focus on the to do list. I feel like there is Thanksgiving , and then I want all my Christmas stuff to be done before we leave for vacation,and vacation. And I'm not sure what to focus on.

Laser eyes list

Christmas shop for son 

meal plan and grocery list for Thanksgiving- meal plan is done, need to do grocery list today

meal plan for Christmas tree decorating party- partly done- I think I will do this on Friday

write Christmas list (was supposed to do last week)

sew button on Hubby's pants- nope

list of things to buy for trip- snacks clothes etc.- nope do this week

make Christmas cookies- this is an option if time- last priority- I'm stressing a bit about this,  We bought some gf peppermint oreos and candy , and I think I may just go with  store bought for our Christmas trees,  taking a bit of pressure off myself

Today I'm going to write out a list of all the things I need to do this week and next week for Thanksgiving, our vacation, and Christmas

•  

• Like 5

Last night I sewed the button on hubby's pants, so that's one more item done on the list ( I had forgotten it was on there until I looked again at the list yesterday)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

What was challenging.

Ate too much sugar over the weekend- frosting is my nemsis. It's so much sugar eating too much of it makes me quesy and yet I still eat it.I had leftovers from the cake. I did throw the part that was still left in the garbage, so I don't have to use my will power on it anymore

This is why I hate leftover desserts. Even if I don't want really want it, I will still totally eat way too much of it if I don't throw it away. Why does sugar have to be so addicting? Haha. Good for you for making the decision to throw it away so it stops tormenting you. I know I sometimes struggle with throwing food away, even when I don't want it because I was raised in a "don't waste your food" kind of house. I am getting better at it, though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aquarii said:

This is why I hate leftover desserts. Even if I don't want really want it, I will still totally eat way too much of it if I don't throw it away. Why does sugar have to be so addicting? Haha. Good for you for making the decision to throw it away so it stops tormenting you. I know I sometimes struggle with throwing food away, even when I don't want it because I was raised in a "don't waste your food" kind of house. I am getting better at it, though. 

Yeah, I had the thought that I could use the frosting for something  else but that would have been more dessert, and Thanksgiving is happening, so I really shouldn't be overeating this week. I just decided the best thing was to throw it out. I'm actually pretty good with just throwing it out without too much guiilt.

• Like 2