• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Baby JackJack-little but POWERFUL/An Elastigirl challenge

4 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Yeah, I had the thought that I could use the frosting for something  else but that would have been more dessert, and Thanksgiving is happening, so I really shouldn't be overeating this week. I just decided the best thing was to throw it out. I'm actually pretty good with just throwing it out without too much guiilt.

I think my hesitance to throw out food comes from the housing market crash. I had always been raised to "clear my plate" and use leftovers, but when the crash hit, my mom, a structural engineer, rarely got enough work and my dad was self-employed and we struggled for a couple years to get food on the table at the end of each month. 

I have managed to get around a lot of this by convincing myself that anything sugar-based or heavily processed is not real food, so it is not wasteful, lol. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Aquarii said:

have managed to get around a lot of this by convincing myself that anything sugar-based or heavily processed is not real food, so it is not wasteful, lol. 

That's my logic. I really hate it when I  don't use up or veggies. If we have leftover small bits of dinners, I'll throw them all together in a bowl and eat them, so that I don't waste them. But desserts and other junk food I'm fine with. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That's my logic. I really hate it when I  don't use up or veggies. If we have leftover small bits of dinners, I'll throw them all together in a bowl and eat them, so that I don't waste them. But desserts and other junk food I'm fine with. 

I hate tossing out food. A lot, to the point that even if it's gone bad I feel bad about tossing it, so yeah, that's fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I hate tossing out food. A lot, to the point that even if it's gone bad I feel bad about tossing it, so yeah, that's fun.

Nope, if it's gone bad I toss it, but I keep all leftovers, which weren't in someone's plate, and use it within that week. If it's veg that's been in someone's plate, then I give it to the dogs, or it goes to the compost bin. There usually aren't much left in the plates, because I only dish up as much as I know they'll eat. They can rather get more later, than leave food. That way I also don't have to tell the boys to always eat their food, and the leftovers in the pot, goes into containers in the fridge. It's also great for hubby's lunchbox the next day.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Nope, if it's gone bad I toss it, but I keep all leftovers, which weren't in someone's plate, and use it within that week. If it's veg that's been in someone's plate, then I give it to the dogs, or it goes to the compost bin. There usually aren't much left in the plates, because I only dish up as much as I know they'll eat. They can rather get more later, than leave food. That way I also don't have to tell the boys to always eat their food, and the leftovers in the pot, goes into containers in the fridge. It's also great for hubby's lunchbox the next day.

Yeah, we do a lot of that too. I have actually mixed 4 different lunch leftovers together once. I also like making pasta and adding the leftovers to that.

And yeah I toss food that has gone bad but not without feeling really bad about letting it go bad. :D

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 3:20 PM, Elastigirl said:

Yeah, I had the thought that I could use the frosting for something  else but that would have been more dessert, and Thanksgiving is happening, so I really shouldn't be overeating this week. I just decided the best thing was to throw it out. I'm actually pretty good with just throwing it out without too much guiilt.

then there is the trick of having people over and a LOT of food for them; without over-eating.

Happy Thanksgiving!

(I love the idea of a holiday dedicated to being grateful.  such a important idea in these modern times of strife and strain.)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I hate tossing out non sugary food too( like I said no guilt there,)  I am getting a bit better at using the food, and a little less guilty when I have to toss it. It's hard for me to gauge how much food we need. Hubby wants leftovers for lunch the next day, but doesn't want to eat it more than that, so I struggle sometimes with figuring that out

4 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Yeah, I use leftovers for lunch the next day. And having a compost bin is nice because than I don't feel quite as bad when we don't eat all veggies

3 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Yeah, we do a lot of that too. I have actually mixed 4 different lunch leftovers together once. I also like making pasta and adding the leftovers to that.

And yeah I toss food that has gone bad but not without feeling really bad about letting it go bad. :D

We do "Mustgo" soup which is basically all the leftovers that must go

28 minutes ago, TGP said:

then there is the trick of having people over and a LOT of food for them; without over-eating.

Happy Thanksgiving!

(I love the idea of a holiday dedicated to being grateful.  such a important idea in these modern times of strife and strain.)

HappyThanksgivig to you too! I love Thanksgiving. And for Thanksgiving , my plan is to eat just as much as I want and eat it all with thanks for all the blessings I have!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yeah, I use leftovers for lunch the next day. And having a compost bin is nice because than I don't feel quite as bad when we don't eat all veggies

I put some of the veggies in with my breakfast too (although I have it as brunch), and I agree, the compost bin does take away some of the guilty feeling :).

• Like 2

Challenge wrap up

Be adaptable

Finish Vitamin and do stretching at least 2 x a week

Mari Kondo-dropped this goal, I had other things that I needed to prioritize

Jack Jack likes cookies nope, also dropped, it MAY happen this week, we'll see

All the super powers to do list

Plan Thanksgiving with sister

Plan Thanksgiving with hubby’s family

Christmas budgeting with hubby

Christmas shop for hubby

Christmas shop for son

Decorate tree

Decorate house- 90% done just need to do nativity sets

Plan  and do meal for Christmas tree decorating

make Christmas plans with sister

make Christmas plans with hubby’s family

buy snacks for vacation

Really enjoyed fitness this month with GMB"S Vitamin program and working on the floating crow. Food is pretty good, a bit too much sugar and a few times (not counting Thanksgiving as that's a pass) where I felt like I ate more than really made me feel good (you know that overstuffed feeling, and then you keep eating) but not bad, considering that I struggle with that in November.

I love doing a monthly list and then a weekly list. It really helps me focus when I'm spinning and don't know what to do next. I did drop  few goals, but I think that a wise move. It is easy to say at the beginning of the month I can get all that stuff done, but life happens and you do need to adjust

• Like 6

Cool that you finished and enjoyed vitamins! is it something you can do again? or is it a one time thing? 

And for what it's worth, I think dropping goals is very wise. Constantly refocusing and re-deciding priorities is necessary to keep up long term. And you are the best example of that :)