Bringing it all back into alignment

On 11/17/2019 at 8:36 PM, wolfhound665 said:

Well <hangs head in shame>

It's been a rough week.  Almost no exercise (got a few lunch time walks in), diet was fine up until Thursday night then it nosedived.  Ate too much, drank more than I should have...

I'd blame the goings on of the week but really if I'd held fast I could have.  Might have been too grumpy if I had held fast so I don't know.

Bright sides...I did walk.  Even though I over ate several meals and drank a few too many drinks I was good about the food overall.  My weight is still down so I didn't throw the balance off too much.

Goal for this week is to get back to the garage gym and eat properly.  Fingers crossed I can do it all week.

Have a good week everyone.

Wolfhound

I take these moments to learn. What can you use from this experience to help you going forward?

Spoiler

• “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”Jim Rohn
  • "Is there anything more worthless than excusesEmperor Kellanved (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.
  • If your dreams don't scare you, they are too smallRichard Branson
  • "I see no value in modest ambitions." —  Karsa Orlong (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." BF Skinner

On 11/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, Harriet said:

No shame. Just give yourself some compassion and try again this week. The gym awaits. 

On 11/19/2019 at 10:33 AM, solidify said:

I take these moments to learn. What can you use from this experience to help you going forward?

Thanks for the support.  Food's been so so.  I got several lunch time walks in last week. 

Over the weekend my daughter and I tried out a 35' climbing wall at the YMCA of the Rockies.  I'm scared of heights and we were running out of time so I was going to bail but my daughter saw this and even though she really didn't want to do it said she wanted to do it with me and we went.  I made it to the top on two different routes and the feeling of letting go of the wall to let the auto-belayer and the actual belayer lower you down was a serious leap of faith for me.  It was actually fun.  I don't know if it classifies as twenty seconds of courage or not.

Today was a snow day from work.  We got around 16" of snow.  I had intended to workout this morning but was glad I didn't.  I shoveled a path in the backyard for the dogs to do their business and shoveled the driveway and sidewalk.  Took a good hour.  I'm beat

Time to make dinner.  Miso Shiru and rice with takuan.

Wolfhound

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wolfhound665 said:

I'm scared of heights and we were running out of time so I was going to bail but my daughter saw this and even though she really didn't want to do it said she wanted to do it with me and we went.  I made it to the top on two different routes and the feeling of letting go of the wall to let the auto-belayer and the actual belayer lower you down was a serious leap of faith for me.  It was actually fun.  I don't know if it classifies as twenty seconds of courage or not.

That sounds pretty cool. I'm scared of heights, too, but pushing my limits occasionally has been helpful for my general confidence.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

14 hours ago, wolfhound665 said:

Over the weekend my daughter and I tried out a 35' climbing wall at the YMCA of the Rockies.  I'm scared of heights and we were running out of time so I was going to bail but my daughter saw this and even though she really didn't want to do it said she wanted to do it with me and we went.  I made it to the top on two different routes and the feeling of letting go of the wall to let the auto-belayer and the actual belayer lower you down was a serious leap of faith for me.  It was actually fun.  I don't know if it classifies as twenty seconds of courage or not.

Wolfhound

It looks like fun. I am also afraid of height with a rather bum left shoulder. My sister has been egging me on to try it.

Spoiler

• “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”Jim Rohn
  • "Is there anything more worthless than excusesEmperor Kellanved (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.
  • If your dreams don't scare you, they are too smallRichard Branson
  • "I see no value in modest ambitions." —  Karsa Orlong (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." BF Skinner

On 11/27/2019 at 7:52 AM, solidify said:

It looks like fun. I am also afraid of height with a rather bum left shoulder. My sister has been egging me on to try it.

It was worth it.  In fact there is a climbing gym opening by my work that I'm going to sign up for if I can figure out how to fit it into my schedule. 

On 11/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, Harriet said:

That sounds pretty cool. I'm scared of heights, too, but pushing my limits occasionally has been helpful for my general confidence.

Yeah,  it did help me.  

So final closing thoughts on my first challenge...I didn't do as well as I'd liked.  I  drank more than I would have liked. 1-2 a day every other day and just don't ask about Thanksgiving.   The workouts were sporadic.   On the positive side I did walk most days at lunch.   I've started back in trying to do micro workouts during the day.  

On to the next challenge... or maybe just focus on basic nutrition and consist good habits. 

Wolfhound

• Like 1