• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NicTheRugger

Nic Reorients and Finds a Goal

On 11/26/2019 at 10:15 AM, Whisper said:

I've found there to be a lot of really good stuff in the Academy. I hope that it serves you well.

Thank you! I think (hope) it should be helpful. I'm going to work on it a bit more tonight.

On 11/26/2019 at 8:38 PM, Xena said:

You just inspired me! I'm packing up for T-giving and going to throw a tarot deck in my bag 🙂

Yay!! What deck do you have?

On 11/27/2019 at 1:37 PM, Salinger said:

Yoooooo.... sending love Nic xx

Back at you, Liz!!

• Like 2

I owe you all so many tarot photos... Yikes! Here we go! I've decided to stick with the Wild Unknown Tarot for the past few days. I don't know why, I've just been feeling that deck.

26 November: The Heirophant

27 November: the High Priestess

28 November: the Daughter of Swords

29 November: the 6 of Swords

An update!

We survived Thanksgiving! Went to my parents' for the day, made a butternut squash casserole to bring with me for a veggie dish. It was a small holiday, just the immediate family and one uncle who hadn't been invited anywhere else. My family is pretty good at keeping things healthy for holidays, so while there was a lot of food, I wasn't going overboard with sugar or anything like that. And while I did eat a lot, I never felt like I was too full, which is good, I think! I had just enough to feel full, but not so much that I was uncomfortable after eating. I even have leftovers to bring with me for lunch at work today!

I am going out after work with some of my work friends-- we'll probably be doing some bar hopping. I'm not planning on drinking too much. Getting drunk for the sake of being drunk doesn't really appeal to me, but it'll be nice to go out with friends for a bit.

Tomorrow I'm getting a haircut in the morning, and then going back to my parents' so I can say bye to my brother. We may be getting a Nor'Easter on Sunday, which means he has to leave tomorrow afternoon if he wants to beat any snow coming our way.

I've been keeping up with PT stretches and mobility, even if yesterday's mobility session was... Lacking. To put it lightly. Today was an extra long session to make up for it. Morning somewhat productive today? Took me a while to get out of bed (replugged phone near bed out of habit), and I did spend a lot of time stretching. So while not much has been done this morning, I did get the important tasks done: PT exercises, mobility, and tarot! That's all for now, folks, I'll check in tomorrow AM before my hair appointment.

IMG_20191128_084615.jpg

IMG_20191129_065059.jpg

IMG_20191126_074037.jpg

IMG_20191128_084522.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 6:52 AM, NicTheRugger said:

What deck do you have?

Fantastical Creatures and Rider-Waite.

I got Fantastical Creatures first and was learning on my own. Then I started practicing with a small group, so I got Rider Waite to learn more "standard" interpretations. I haven't practiced in a while and am now a little better with Rider Waite. I did bring my deck with me in a little metal case. The airport security ended up searching it, and a had a nice little conversation with the TSA woman about tarot. She thought it sounded a bit scary and I told her it didn't have to be 🙂

I was happy this morning was nice, so I could get in a good run before the Nor'easter. Hope you had a good morning too!

On 11/29/2019 at 10:19 AM, Salinger said:

oooooh what hair cut you getting??xx

I cut off about 4 inches! so it's around shoulder-length now, and much, much easier to manage. 

On 12/1/2019 at 1:24 PM, Xena said:

Fantastical Creatures and Rider-Waite.

I got Fantastical Creatures first and was learning on my own. Then I started practicing with a small group, so I got Rider Waite to learn more "standard" interpretations. I haven't practiced in a while and am now a little better with Rider Waite. I did bring my deck with me in a little metal case. The airport security ended up searching it, and a had a nice little conversation with the TSA woman about tarot. She thought it sounded a bit scary and I told her it didn't have to be 🙂

I was happy this morning was nice, so I could get in a good run before the Nor'easter. Hope you had a good morning too!

Ooh, the Fantastical Creatures deck is gorgeous! And how about that Nor'easter, huh? I got swamped with rain until Tuesday morning.

So... it looks like I may have forgotten that the challenge was ending. My mental health took a hit for the past week or so because of work stress and other things going on in life, but I'm looking forward to the new challenge and will continue resetting myself for an awesome 2020. See you all there!

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 6:14 AM, NicTheRugger said:

And how about that Nor'easter, huh? I got swamped with rain until Tuesday morning.

I know you are moving onto a new thread, but I couldn't resist one more post.

Yeah, the Nor'easter SUCKED b/c I had a 10:00 flight out of Logan Tuesday morning. My flight home was gonna be pretty late, so I was nervous about whether I would be able to catch the last bus to the Cape. I decided to drive up and take the Logan Express out of Braintree (had never done that before). It was a really rough ride. I left home at 6 am and was afraid I would miss the flight. Luckily the bus ride was very quick and the airport wasn't crowded. No problem in the end, but a stressful lead-up.