Maigs Tries Something New...errr.....Old

Maigs

So, joining late and actually starting even later, but I'm here!

I've needed the last few weeks to step back and reassess. I'm still not positive I know what I need, but I think I'm closer than I was. I need to be kind to myself, I need to enjoy myself, and I also think I need more structure. So I'm working on a list of dailies and weeklies, some I'll share here and some will be more personal. I'll track these with the goal of being 80% on target. It still needs some tweaking and I'm seeing Phantom of the Opera tomorrow and going to a Halloween party Saturday so this will officially start Sunday or Monday.

Dailies:

Stretching - I need to make a list of specific stretches because I've been floundering with a vague "stretch daily" goal

Pushups - starting at 10 knee pushups per day

Calories 2000-2500 - my TDEE is about 2500 so this should allow for a slow weight loss while still properly fueling

Sweets - either no sweets or <250cals/day from sweets, I haven't decided which. None is kinda extreme, but I need to break the addiction to sugar

Max 2 caffeines - I was doing really well with this but I've been slipping in a third lately and need to reign that back in, then later reduce to one a day

Weeklies:

Kickboxing 3x/week - I've been doing 3-4 times a week for the last two months so this should be a slam dunk but I'm putting it here so I don't slack in favor of other goals

Strength work 2x/week - I need to make a routine that I do each time because, like stretching, I've been floundering without a plan

Meal Planning - because I've been sucking at this lately leading to poor food choices

• Like 1

Current Challenge:  Maigs Starts Over

I'd love to add in a walking goal because I really enjoy walking but let it slide when I was trying to become a runner. But it's about to start getting dark at 5pm and cold! Which isn't helped by super vague story I'm going put in spoilers

Spoiler

Friday night Hubs and I were walking Floof around 9pm when we semi-witnessed something bad. It was dark and we only kinda saw what was going on. But we called the cops and gave statements (once while the cop was writing notes and once recorded). Today I found out that the bad thing happened to a bad guy who got out of prison a bit over a year ago after serving 12 years. No idea if last week's bad thing was related to him being a bad guy or just coincidence.

We live in a pretty safe neighborhood and whether or not bad thing was because of his history or a coincidence it was a one-off and targeted incident that isn't indicative of our area going to hell (things can and do happen in every neighborhood). So I'm not really worried about bad things happening to me, but it was freaky to be so close to a bad thing happening and so close to our house.

• Like 1

Still riding the struggle bus. I keep thinking we're getting close to my stop so I can get off, but so far we haven't quite reached it.

I forgot how chaotic my work schedule would be this month and it's certainly making things harder. This last week we were in Tiny Town 45 minutes away 3 days where food options were limited and the team had to compromise between 1 picky eater, 1 vegetarian, 1 guy with braces, and a 6'7" marathon runner (literally, he ran a marathon Sunday and came in 22nd out of like 6k) that needs big portions to not be starving. So we had bar food one day (deep fried appetizer combo for me) and a pizza buffet the other two. Next week we'll be spending 3 days in Tiny Town II that is 3 hours away so I'll have limited choices for all of my meals

Despite the madness I made it to kickboxing 3 times each of the last two weeks, but that's the only goal I've kept up on.

I have been making plans on how to not fall apart during tax season again. I'm gonna make and freeze a huge batch of twice baked potatoes and these burritos, plus a couple of casseroles. And I'm going to experiment with freezing soups/stews/chili in mason jars. Plus planning on just stocking up on staples that I use constantly in cooking like beans, canned tomatoes, various veggie meats, peanut butter, etc so grocery shopping only needs to be veggies and fridge items

The hard part is timing it all. I don't want to do it now because tax season won't really start until mid February, but I don't want to put it off too long and then run out of time

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 8:32 PM, Maigs said:

I'd love to add in a walking goal because I really enjoy walking but let it slide when I was trying to become a runner. But it's about to start getting dark at 5pm and cold! Which isn't helped by super vague story I'm going put in spoilers

Hide contents

Friday night Hubs and I were walking Floof around 9pm when we semi-witnessed something bad. It was dark and we only kinda saw what was going on. But we called the cops and gave statements (once while the cop was writing notes and once recorded). Today I found out that the bad thing happened to a bad guy who got out of prison a bit over a year ago after serving 12 years. No idea if last week's bad thing was related to him being a bad guy or just coincidence.

We live in a pretty safe neighborhood and whether or not bad thing was because of his history or a coincidence it was a one-off and targeted incident that isn't indicative of our area going to hell (things can and do happen in every neighborhood). So I'm not really worried about bad things happening to me, but it was freaky to be so close to a bad thing happening and so close to our house.

yikes

while bad things can happen clearly having a plan for trouble is wise.  

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

On 11/9/2019 at 9:49 PM, Maigs said:

have been making plans on how to not fall apart during tax season again. I'm gonna make and freeze a huge batch of twice baked potatoes and these burritos, plus a couple of casseroles. And I'm going to experiment with freezing soups/stews/chili in mason jars.

I have faith in you to do awesome things!!!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien