Self-Employed Cat/Disney Lover (starting late)

Hi everyone! I'm Rochelle, @rochellesanch on all the social interwebs. I've been self employed (in some fashion) for 3 years now and need to get back on my fitness routine again.

I'm 35 going on 36 in December. Nerd, Disneyland addict, cat mom, and kind of obsessed with entrepreneurship and helping people see that running your own business isn't a sign of insanity (although it does feel like an unfairly long Rollercoaster you can't get off of, sometimes). 

Main goal: Exercise at least 3x a week for 4 weeks straight, until the end of the challenge

2nd goal: reach 185lbs on my home scale by the end of the challenge (I'm 191.8 as of today) 

3rd goal: track intermittent fasting time bracket every day

4th goal: make new friends by end of challenge, so this doesn't feel like another thing I start and conveniently forget about! 

No food goals this first round, aside from IF. I tend to show fast so I think the weight goal is reasonable, and I'm honestly just trying to build a habit of working out agaijb because there's always a nice domino effect: I feel good during workouts within a week and then want to eat better so i can last longer, etc.

Hello, all! If you want to chat cats, online business/marketing, Disneyland, or addiction to shopping for geeky merchandise then I'm your gal! 

• Like 3

Welcome and good luck with your goals! Exercising three times per week is a good goal for anyone, I think. So many benefits. And the nerd fitness challenges have helped me stick to things, hopefully they'll be useful for you, too. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Welcome aboard. Good luck with goals. Keep checking in. I find that just posting my stats keeps me on track.

• Like 1
Spoiler

• “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”Jim Rohn
  • "Is there anything more worthless than excusesEmperor Kellanved (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.
  • If your dreams don't scare you, they are too smallRichard Branson
  • "I see no value in modest ambitions." —  Karsa Orlong (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." BF Skinner

9 hours ago, rochellesanch said:

Made it to a boot camp workout today. May have pushed too hard... ended up light headed. but hey, got my first checkmark of the week! Two more to go!

Gotta love those check marks. Keep on keeping on.

• Like 1
Spoiler

• “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”Jim Rohn
  • "Is there anything more worthless than excusesEmperor Kellanved (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "I see no value in modest ambitions." —  Karsa Orlong (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." BF Skinner

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

• Like 1
Spoiler

15 hours ago, rochellesanch said:

Barely made my goal of exercising 3x a week but I did it! Even after an entire day of theme park walking. 

Excellent! Why "barely"? 3 workouts is 3 workouts.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

21 hours ago, rochellesanch said:

Barely made my goal of exercising 3x a week but I did it! Even after an entire day of theme park walking. 26e457c9996bb78b21fff7cd89a39124.jpg

Getting a workout in even one minute before midnight counts!!!

• Like 1
Spoiler

15 hours ago, rochellesanch said:

Kind of sick earlier this week, felt close to normal again today and realized I only ha e 4 days left in the week to make my 3x/week goal! Crammed it in at 11pm. Go me!

Did beachbody Transform:20 Week 1 Power. Kicked my butt, tbh. 38b11f352833f49d219cfcd0946e9114.jpg

I hear you on cramming this week.  I'm going to have to catch up the next three days on my cardio. Second dentist visit today set me back again.

• Like 1
Spoiler

On 11/15/2019 at 4:19 PM, rochellesanch said:
On 11/14/2019 at 6:30 PM, solidify said:

I hear you on cramming this week.  I'm going to have to catch up the next three days on my cardio. Second dentist visit today set me back again.

Yeek dentist visits! No Bueno, esp since it's your second one. Something serious?

Nothing serious. Just having an issue with a previous root canal. Just annoying at this stage.

• Like 1
Spoiler