So I've been derailed for a few months - again. Somehow whenever I find some kind of balance or consistency in working out I get sick or my schedule is too full or I make up another excuse, I skip a week of workouts and let myself slip into a pit of lazyness. Another thing that I really struggle with is my apparently constant need to compare myself to others and to the level I was at a few years ago. Yes, I do want get back to this level, but whenever I go and work out and realise I'm by far not as strong as I used to be I get so frustrated. Especially when there's people around who started with me but never really took a break and are now so far ahead of me. And this kills the consistency I'm trying to build again and again and again.

Anyway, enough with the self-pity, I'll start with baby steps - again. I'll try doing bodyweight workouts at home for starters to at least stop my mind from comparing myself to others. Also I'll write down everything I eat and when. I've started intermittent fasting again about a week ago and so far it's going well. The only thing that needs to be taken care of is my chocolate intake that has been quite out of control lately.

Assassin/Monk

A little bit about myself

Battle Log

Challenges: [1] [2] [3]

1st rule of fitness: Never compare yourself with others! They are not you & you are not them.

2nd rule of fitness: Start where you are now & compare this you with future you.

Never compare past you with where you are starting now.

We all experience setbacks. The trick is to pick yourself back up & fight for what you want.

You can do this! Do not give up!

19145952_10105972318208288_7364287673472373_n.jpg

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Thanks for the encouragement :D

I actually went to the gym yesterday at 10 a.m. thinking there won't be anyone anyway at that time and for a long time there was only one other guy and me in there. Headphones in, concentrated on my exercises and managed to not care about anything around me.

• Like 3

Assassin/Monk

A little bit about myself

Battle Log

Challenges: [1] [2] [3]

11 minutes ago, CombustibleLemon said:

Thanks for the encouragement :D

I actually went to the gym yesterday at 10 a.m. thinking there won't be anyone anyway at that time and for a long time there was only one other guy and me in there. Headphones in, concentrated on my exercises and managed to not care about anything around me.

Woot, woot!

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria