• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rustyyy

Help me on my workout routine...

Hey guys... 

I'm new here. Recently I have started to do a little more workouts trying to create a habit of it. Right now I mainly workout in my condo gym, but in the future probably in January I will join a near by gym. 

Metrics:

29 years old

88 kgs

1.73 meters 

My routine usually is the follow:

- 10 mins treadmill with at least 1 km of running. 

- crunches 15

- push ups 10

- lat pulldown 15

- lunges 10 each leg

- dumbell row 5kgs 10 rep each

- chest press 15.

I have available the following equipment:

- 2 dumbells with at least 10kgs each 

- the following multi gym:

https://www.bhfitness.com/es/maquinas-musculacion/tt-pro-g156

- bench

- triceps bar

and for cardio I have a treadmill and elliptical machine. 

My goal is to get a routine that I can do for 3 days a week and between days rest or just walking and running. I feel that I have more than enough equipment but I'm lacking knowledge how to do a good routine. My aim is to lose weight and improve my fitness to be able to take more advantage when I join the gym. 

Please feel free to ask any questions. 

Thanks in advance for the people that answer. 

20 hours ago, Rustyyy said:

My goal is to get a routine that I can do for 3 days a week and between days rest or just walking and running. I feel that I have more than enough equipment but I'm lacking knowledge how to do a good routine. My aim is to lose weight and improve my fitness to be able to take more advantage when I join the gym. 

Hi there! One way of designing a strength routine is to make sure you have all the basic movement patterns: horizontal and vertical press, horizontal and vertical pull, hip hinge and squat, plus optionally something for core/abs. It looks like you've got two horizontal press movements (push up and chest press), one vertical pull (lat pulldown), one horizontal pull (dumbbell rows) and I don"t know if lunges are hip or squat type movements, they seem to be a bit of both. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. I might add a vertical (overhead) press. And I would also add a couple of lower body movements like squats or deadlifts because atm you only have one lower body exercise.

The other important component of a strength routine is that it needs to get harder over time. That means more reps, higher weight, or more challenging variations. Because your equipment is limited you might want to focus on first increasing reps, then looking for more challenging variations of each exercise. You can do that by googling "(name of exercise) progression". 

Thanks for the input.. i did a little bit of research and decided to follow your tip regarding the movement patterns:

- 10 mins treadmill with at least 1 km of ranking (in the beginning and in the end 10 mins)

2 set of:

Squat - 15 reps

Chest press - 20 reps

Lat pulldown - 20 reps

Crunch - 15 reps

Dumbbell romanian deadlift - 10 reps

Front and side plank - 30 secs each

I think now i cover all movements. I decided to add the extra planks for better exercise on my adnominal.

Once again thanks.

13 hours ago, Rustyyy said:

Squat - 15 reps

Chest press - 20 reps

Lat pulldown - 20 reps

Crunch - 15 reps

Dumbbell romanian deadlift - 10 reps

Front and side plank - 30 secs each

I think now i cover all movements. I decided to add the extra planks for better exercise on my adnominal.

You don't have a vertical press yet :) But it's not urgent. Just an option. 

You're welcome. Have fun!