Hunnygurl's first pullup challenge starting late

I'm new. I'm nerdy, but I'm not sure how to navigate through all these challenges and guilds, so I'll try my best. What I love about this, is accomplishing my goals, checking things off, and starting my next goal. I'm thinking all these challenges and beating the boss, is a way of getting me to my first pull-up.

Some things about me, I love running, and yoga, but my ultimate goal is to do my first pull up.

Hobbies, I LOVE scrapbooking and making homemade cards.

My Challenge

1) Do 4A, 4B, 4C  weekly workouts, don't skip more than 2 days. I'lve already been doing this for 2 weeks, and still going strong.

2) Yoga on the other days

3) No chips

4) limit social media to 1/2 hour daily, 15 min in am, 15 min in pm (this will be hard)

5) goal weight 130#

Hope to meet some people who love papercrafting who can keep me accountable with my goals.

Thank you!

• Like 2

Welcome. Love the pullup goal. Took me a while to get there but it's so exciting when you accomplish it.

What are 4A-4C workouts?

Spoiler

• “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”Jim Rohn
  • "Is there anything more worthless than excusesEmperor Kellanved (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.
  • If your dreams don't scare you, they are too smallRichard Branson
  • "I see no value in modest ambitions." —  Karsa Orlong (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." BF Skinner

8 hours ago, solidify said:

Welcome. Love the pullup goal. Took me a while to get there but it's so exciting when you accomplish it.

What are 4A-4C workouts?

That is the level that I'm on in terms of the workout in the academy. I have to master these workouts before I can get to the next level. Did you do that too?

What workouts did you do to get your first pull-up?

45 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Welcome! First pull-up sounds like an awesome goal. Good luck!

Thank you!

"

That is the level that I'm on in terms of the workout in the academy. I have to master these workouts before I can get to the next level. Did you do that too?

What workouts did you do to get your first pull-up?

"

At the time I was trying to get to a pullup, I was having a serious left shoulder problem. No strength or stability. So we worked for months on that building the shoulder up. Then did various rows/pushups on floor or using trx- other back muscle building. When I started actual pullups, it was with the trainer holding some of my weight and using bands. Slowly weaned from the support over a period of time, and then voila -> first pullup. You would think I had conquered the world !!! :triumphant:

Spoiler

• “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.”Jim Rohn
  • "Is there anything more worthless than excusesEmperor Kellanved (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST.
  • If your dreams don't scare you, they are too smallRichard Branson
  • "I see no value in modest ambitions." —  Karsa Orlong (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
  • "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." BF Skinner