Stress eating

Anyone have any advice on stress eating? Whenever my anxiety gets bad it makes me feel massively hungry and then I “cheat” and it spirals into more and more cheating. I manage my nutrition just fine when life is stable and I’m happy so I know it’s psychological rather than I’m actually hungry. The past few days have spiraled into bad habits and I feel a little out of control. 

On 11/16/2019 at 1:10 AM, blue5927 said:

Anyone have any advice on stress eating? Whenever my anxiety gets bad it makes me feel massively hungry and then I “cheat” and it spirals into more and more cheating. I manage my nutrition just fine when life is stable and I’m happy so I know it’s psychological rather than I’m actually hungry. The past few days have spiraled into bad habits and I feel a little out of control. 

My work promotion has been dropping stress on me like crazy. Additionally my wife's epilepsy has become intractable (not pharmaceutically controllable). I am hording money like crazy to afford a week in a Cleveland Clinic Epilepsy Monitoring Unit for her, as well as a week in a hotel (not Co-paid for by insurance) for me. Then there's the nerve stimulator implant or the tumor removal surgery I have no idea how we are paying for (with more hotel time for me). Needless to say, I am fighting the same battle you are, alongside you. Now I have not slipped into my pre nerdfitness self yet and I SHALL NOT!! I am however screwing up on my diet all too often and in a constant struggle. 

Here's something I've learned.....

The windshield on your car is a heck of a lot bigger than the rear-view mirror for a reason. You're supposed to spend most of your time looking forward. You can't affect much of what's behind you, but what's ahead of you, is predominately within your control. So, did you screw up yesterday and eat 300 Oreos? Life's a bitch and there's not much you can do about it but you can eat well today. It wont fix yesterday but it will set you up for success tomorrow.

I'm going to go ahead, and speak for Steve, Stacie, and the rest of us nerds to let you know, we forgive you. We have unlimited quarters in these game systems. Just hit the start button and play again. Practice makes perfect. You posted so you made the first step!!!

• Like 2

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

Well, I had this problem myself and i know it sucks my friend!It would be time that i couldn't help it!What really helped though was that when i wanted to eat something i would drink water instead!So i would gulp down that water just to get that feeling out of my body.Or i would breath heavily big breaths will calm your system!