In Between: Tanktimus Doesn't Give up While Waiting for the New Year

As the title implies, this challenge is about losing as little as possible while I wait for the new year. With a new baby, finding a routine has been a challenge, and I need routine to develop consistency with workouts. It's a fool's errand to try and generate consistency and routine at this time of year, so I've given myself permission to wait till the new year to try and set up a new routine. I am not, however, giving myself permission to quit. I've posted this challenge to keep myself mindful of the fact that something is better than nothing, and I will populate this December with as many somethings as I can. As such, I'm going to try and get as many hits as possible on my list of Good Things (as it pertains to health and fitness, there are many more good things than what's listed below).

Tank's List of Good Things:

Intuitive Eating

Cooking

Kettlebells

Yoga

Baby Rucking

Thanks for following!

• Like 30

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So I took your suggestion 

I'll try to keep up, no promises though

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

16 hours ago, RES said:

So I took your suggestion 

I'll try to keep up, no promises though

No worries either 😸

16 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

That list has no sleep goal. Are you sure you have a baby in the house?

Believe it or not, she slept through the night last night. If we put her down around 9 or so, she tends to wake up in the night (but usually only once). If we put her down around 10 or 11 she will often sleep till we need to get up. It's not the 12 hours they get if you train them for sleep (and that usually starts around 3-6 months) but it's not sleep deprivation either.

• Like 7

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following as always - Happy End Of The Year! 

• Like 1

Level 78 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

On 11/30/2019 at 9:56 AM, darkfoxx said:

Following as always - Happy End Of The Year! 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Xena said:

You are completely right. This would be a rough time to try to start new routines. Better to embrace the season and shape it a bit to keep an eye on some of your bigger goals.

Yes I also give myself time to plan a winning strategy. 3 weeks is enough time to set myself up for victory.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Here and following along again :)

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

51 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here and following along again :)

Glad to have you!

Today is a good day! After church we came home and I made lunch. I cooked ground pork, garlic, and the white part of green onions in sesame oil. When they were done I added the green part of the green onions, ginger paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and cole slaw (unsauced). When the cabbage wilted I added fresh chopped basil. I served it with roasted broccoli (sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce and rice vinegar on the broccoli).  We then started decorating for Christmas. We even went to the hardware store to get some outdoor stuff. Right now it's just a couple of net light sets for our bushes and a string of multicolored lights. We can add a little every year. The tree is up and lit, but we still need to decorate. However, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

• Like 13

Current Challenge

Excellent. Not giving up is good. Something is definitely better than nothing. And Christmas is not the season to set rigid rules and then flagellate yourself for not meeting them. Unless you enjoy a bit of Christmas flagellation. I don't. But if I did, swatches made from Christmas tree branches would be perfect. Not that that's relevant in any way. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Excellent. Not giving up is good. Something is definitely better than nothing. And Christmas is not the season to set rigid rules and then flagellate yourself for not meeting them. Unless you enjoy a bit of Christmas flagellation. I don't. But if I did, swatches made from Christmas tree branches would be perfect. Not that that's relevant in any way. 

You certainly have devoted a lot of thought to this, haven't you? ;) 

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Hi Tank! Here for support and cheering along!

Welcome!

I realized I haven't been updating about Little Bit as much. She spent most of last week fussy, either from early stages of teething, a growth spurt, or both. Yesterday seemed to be an improvement. She is also just beginning to fit into 6m sizes (the average a 6 month old Baby would wear) and out of her 3m sizes, and she doesn't turn 3 months until Thursday! We took the bottom half of the infant inserts out of her car seat too.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

I like your approach to this challenge. It looks like you are setting yourself up to hit the ground running after the holidays.

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

4 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I like the maintenance aspect of this.

maintenance.gif

4 hours ago, Aquarii said:

I like your approach to this challenge. It looks like you are setting yourself up to hit the ground running after the holidays.

That is the intent :) 

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

Here to follow along!

Welcome!

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Here!

Also Welcome!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We then started decorating for Christmas. We even went to the hardware store to get some outdoor stuff. Right now it's just a couple of net light sets for our bushes and a string of multicolored lights. We can add a little every year. The tree is up and lit, but we still need to decorate. However, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

YAYYYYY!  I can't wait to put the tree up.  I need to get the outdoor lights up too, I think I'm going to do it all this weekend, hopefully when it's not snowing ahahaHAHAHAHAHA

(also hello hi following )

tenor.gif

• Like 4

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Ah, so this is what we're doing now. Okay.

I'll join in a few days. Maybe. We'll see.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

2 hours ago, shaar said:

YAYYYYY!  I can't wait to put the tree up.  I need to get the outdoor lights up too, I think I'm going to do it all this weekend, hopefully when it's not snowing ahahaHAHAHAHAHA

(also hello hi following )

tenor.gif

It may interest you to note I was wearing a tshirt and jeans while putting up the outdoor lights.

50 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Ah, so this is what we're doing now. Okay.

I'll join in a few days. Maybe. We'll see.

You're welcome here either way.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Wait, I ... made it on the first page??

tenor.gif?itemid=11336206 

Following, of course.  :D 

• Like 3

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Lurking!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

6 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12846228
setting up shop with my pompoms to cheer on the Tankening ❤️

Woohoo! Pompoms! 

4 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Wait, I ... made it on the first page??

tenor.gif?itemid=11336206 

Following, of course.  :D 

Glad to have you 

4 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

woohoo! new Tank thread!

It still has that new Tank smell.

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

Lurking!

Welcome!

Current Challenge