Contender to couch potato.

Less to complain about today (I'm sure ya'll are sick of it) Very good leg day yesterday. Same weights, more reps, more sets and more power thru the motions. Stability was better and no odd phases of muscles firing out of order. No issues from the groin injury, my back is a little fussy today but not as bad as last week. I should be fine by tomorrow or even later today.

I set up some new goals to pace myself by. I am not tracking my yoga and other stretches but they are still happening, now including back/core-stability exercises from years ago like kneeling balanced on an exercise ball. 

I am experiencing some tightness at the top of the thighs (mostly right) when I reach the bottom of my squats and dead lifts. I'm thinking about another visit to physical therapy to get some incite on this.

image.png.5e1d43ea5efab83cd6efab6908772c78.png  image.png.0d50186cff6fe72ebb45d46d9b62586e.png

• Like 2
On 8/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, "Jake" said:

I set up some new goals to pace myself by. I am not tracking my yoga and other stretches but they are still happening, now including back/core-stability exercises from years ago like kneeling balanced on an exercise ball. 

I am experiencing some tightness at the top of the thighs (mostly right) when I reach the bottom of my squats and dead lifts. I'm thinking about another visit to physical therapy to get some incite on this.

Huh now a goal to attempt balancing on a ball one day!

Agree with PT if you can to get another take on it. 

You got this for the plan to keep going!

Been 3 weeks already! Back and groin was pretty good after Monday's workout and the days following. I did the bare minimum 3 sets cause it was like 1am when I finished... Normally work is shorter and I go for 4 sets. Didn't drink enough water yesterday, cramps almost set in on the quads.
Chest day today! Just gotta wrap up with work today...
image.png.15acb2d26370385d80b3531cfd85d0e2.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, "Jake" said:

You sure can if you think that's more fitting. Or I can start new.

You've got a lot of continuity here. I'll move it for you. I'll leave a link in Respawn that will last for 30 days so people can find it.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Friday that last post I managed to have an amazing chest day.

Two weeks later (yesterday) I had a strong leg day and pushed the weight up again. The pain returned but I think a small amount is necessary... I am definitely reaching MUCH higher levels of muscle fatigue before the pain starts talking to me.

I'm starting to reach point where I will need the mouth guard and lifting belt again which is a little exciting!

On 10/30/2020 at 5:01 PM, "Jake" said:

I did!
It wasn't anything special, I was tired  but followed through because I needed to and my other excuses were weak.
While I feel kinda "blah" about it more reps and less discomfort is still progress. That's something :)

Yay!!!!!

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Yesterday Early today's workout started out much like last weeks only later. Didn't feel like it, and felt less like it after one of my guys inability to get his $#!t together for closing time had me at work 45 minutes longer than planned. I hit the gym same weights, same reps but with more speed, less pause between reps and more smoothness THAT felt like accomplishment. This was my 3rd week squatting/DL 185 but I didn't hit my target reps my first week so I think I'm going to hit 185 one more time next week before moving up to 205.
123598697_3557005634319702_5277902997293110716_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=lL_ILpznBlIAX--zX67&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=fc977593021362f6b4f96f9c48506b2a&oe=5FCA5CF7
Pictured: After 3 sets of 185 I did a single rep of 225. This will be my final rep each time until I finally reach 225 for reps (6 weeks maybe?)
Feels good.

• Like 1