• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

2020 CHALLENGE DATES

Here are the dates for the 2020 challenges!

January 5 to February 8

February 16 to March 21

March 29 to May 2

May 10 to June 13

June 21 to July 25

August 2 to September 5

September 13 to October 17

October 25 to November 28

December 6-26 (2020 Holiday Challenge)

(Zero Week begins Dec 27)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mran_4bXmb7RbnAHZsWLV8dX_8mhb6cqvpyJzzqPjwA/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Thanks for the new dates...

giphy.gif

With all due respect.

Why, in the name of The Beard, why Challenges start at Sunday and end at Saturday? What's wrong with current Mon-Sun schedule?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, aramis said:

Why, in the name of The Beard, why Challenges start at Sunday and end at Saturday? What's wrong with current Mon-Sun schedule?

Would you believe they used to be Sun-Sat and when they were switched (before I took over) to Mon-Sun people asked the exact same question? In a practical sense there's not much difference, I generally put the new forums up on a Sunday anyway, and people are ususally mentally checked out of their challenges by Friday of week 5. 

The best reason is that in scheduling it's easier to keep the dates of challenges straight in my head if they run Sun-Sat.

• Like 2

Huh... maybe it's have something to do with typical calendar layout in US (starting with Sunday). Bah, nevermind. Gotta suck it up. 

Thank you for your time Chaplain :) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aramis said:

Huh... maybe it's have something to do with typical calendar layout in US (starting with Sunday). Bah, nevermind. Gotta suck it up.  

Yeah, it's in part geographic. Calendars start on Sunday in some places and Monday in others, like most of Europe, and also the university I went to, so parts of the US, too. (Actually, I suspect that starting the week on Sunday originates in an old US blue law, so it's probably unique to the US, like imperial measurement.)

My challenges run Monday to Sunday regardless, because I do. I figure that's a reasonable adaptation, and affects no one but me, so why not. (In fact, I didn't even notice the change when it happened.)

• Like 5

On 12/2/2019 at 8:30 AM, aramis said:

Thank you for your time Chaplain :) 

Yes, a majority of our calendars here in the US to run Sun-Sat, though using a Mon-Sun calendar is growing in popularity. I have switched my calendars to Mon-Sun, but my brain still functions on a Sun-Sat schedule, even after using a different calendar both at work and at home for a year. I just find it convenient to start things on Sunday, when I am not working and have time to get everything in order and prepped for the week.

On 12/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, Aquarii said:

I just find it convenient to start things on Sunday, when I am not working and have time to get everything in order and prepped for the week.

HAH! I never thought of that 😮 that's a pretty nice way to look at it. I was born and raised and still use Mon-Sun, and always thought Sun-Sat was silly... until now :P 

• Like 2