Gotta Get It Done!

So. I've probably done this a billion times. Never got myself started. No more! I need to get in shape! I'm ten pounds overweight and my energy is flagging so bad!! I need this!!

Hey all, Corliss the Counselor Scout here, ready to exercise and kick butt! Who's butt? I don't know. My own I guess lol. I've technically been a member of the free little character thing for...a year or so...?? I've just never got the up and gumption to get things rolling. But I need to! It's important!

I play in a role playing game for Star Trek, where i play as a plucky Counselor Betazoid haha. I've recently gotten into a BJD (ball joint doll) collection, but it's for a specific doll. Skeletons! I love skeletons. I also play Stardew Valley and sometimes Pokemon. I'm also a fanfic writer at heart!

My goals!!

Main Quest: Lose ten pounds

Goals: 1. Do yoga in the afternoons

2. Take a walk at around lunch time every day

3. Drink more water than soda (cut out at least one soda a day in exchange)

If you all have suggestions I'm open to them! I'm not very strong and I'm currently trying to up my energy levels (focus levels? Meh) so no hiking for me right now XD 

21 hours ago, Corliss said:

Hey all, Corliss the Counselor Scout here, ready to exercise and kick butt! Who's butt? I don't know. My own I guess lol. I've technically been a member of the free little character thing for...a year or so...?? I've just never got the up and gumption to get things rolling. But I need to! It's important!

Hey Corliss! Welcome and great job for taking the first step. Your goals look super concrete and achievable. I think this challenge is actually coming to an end soon, but I'm not sure when the next challenge starts. Oh well, we can get started here and just keep going with the next one, right? 

21 hours ago, Corliss said:

If you all have suggestions I'm open to them! I'm not very strong and I'm currently trying to up my energy levels (focus levels? Meh) so no hiking for me right now XD 

I started my fitness journey with super low energy levels, too. I couldn't manage any intense cardio, but I started with about a year of regular walking, then added powerlifting. Heavy, low rep lifting was good for me because you give a brief burst of effort, then get to rest. Also, it really boosted my physical and emotional energy. That's just my experience, though, YMMV. Also, I found through experiment that highly refined carbs really mess with my energy (they make me feel awesome in the moment I eat them, but then bad later), whereas having meals with a bit of protein and veg leave me feeling okay. 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru