• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Flea Resets

Actual content to come later. I'm just an asshole and wanted to be the first non-GL to post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hokay. So this year I've done reasonably well with challenge goals that weren't directly health and fitness related. Only to drop out of those habits once their respective challenges were over. Womp. Trying to start over and reintroduce those things so I have a base to work off of come January, as well as get some other things done so I never have to think about them again after this. 

1. Personal Care: floss, mouthwash, wear night guard, wash face, wear eyeliner (all daily. not in that order.)

2. Wash sheets and vacuum roomto thwart allergies. (once a week. at least.)

3. Track food to figure out wtf I'm doing. (daily.)

4. Finish cleaning/organizing/purging all my shit for real for real. (ongoing until the end of the month.)

Let's go!

MPjXk6V.gif

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Actual content to come later. I'm just an asshole and wanted to be the first non-GL to post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh and here I thought you had a plan... But I cheer the First non-GL to post

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Oh and here I thought you had a plan... But I cheer the First non-GL to post

I do actually have goals picked out for this challenge already. I’m just being productive doing other things for once and didn’t want to interrupt that to write a long post lol

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm the first GL to post in the first non GL post.

I’m suddenly afraid this is going to turn into a string of similar comments from everyone and I have a headache just thinking about it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I do actually have goals picked out for this challenge already. I’m just being productive doing other things for once and didn’t want to interrupt that to write a long post lol

Woo productive!

Hanging out in a dark corner, as usual!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

I’m suddenly afraid this is going to turn into a string of similar comments from everyone and I have a headache just thinking about it.

I'm the first person to post here explicitly stating that I don't have a headache ;) 

• Like 6

If I had the power to make you a Guild Leader, I would. Just to mess up with that opening statement.

Because that's totally how power is supposed to be used, right?

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

If I had the power to make you a Guild Leader, I would. Just to mess up with that opening statement.

Because that's totally how power is supposed to be used, right?

Well I know you didn't learn nonsense like that from MY example.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I was hella motivated for this challenge until I updated it with my goals. Now I feel super meh about it. Something feels weird about this week anyway and I can’t put my finger on it, so I guess it could just be general blahs. 

on the other hand, I ordered that serial killer mask because they had a Black Friday sale and it got here already. I’ll probably use it while shoveling snow later and I’m kind of excited about it. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

on the other hand, I ordered that serial killer mask because they had a Black Friday sale and it got here already. I’ll probably use it while shoveling snow later and I’m kind of excited about it. 

Guess where my mind went...

Screen-Shot-2016-12-22-at-10020-PM.png?c

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

I was hella motivated for this challenge until I updated it with my goals. Now I feel super meh about it.

I would feel pretty meh if I had to redo my bedding every week too! 😛

• Like 2

"trying to get it back"

so familiar!  anyways a serial killer mask is brilliant.  it sets the mood that you are more 'dangerous' then you might seem.

or... so I guess

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

I changed my mind. I don’t want to shovel snow. Who wants to do it for me? (think of the calories you can burn!)

If I got to wear the serial killer mask (and lived anywhere near you) I would have been tempted.

• Like 2

I hate people who can't answer questions clearly. Called the vet to figure out exactly what Fat Kitty needs done next week since she'd mentioned a whole bunch of possible tests. I started with "I just want to confirm what has to happen next week vs what the potential next steps were." And she repeats basically everything she told me on the phone on Saturday and in a voicemail today. It took me 3 tries of saying "okay so the only thing you REALLY want done is this one and the rest depend on the ultrasound results?" before I finally got the yes I needed. Argh. Like I appreciate that she was explaining the tests and why they could be needed, but that wasn't the question I was asking. 

Shoveled snow. Hated every minute of it. BUT the serial killer mask is fucking awesome. I could breathe the whole time and it kept my face warm! Wish I'd looked for this sooner. Literally anyone whose lungs don't get along with the cold needs to get one of these.  I didn't bother shoveling out my car while I was out; I'll get up early tomorrow and either shovel it out or take the bus to therapy, because I cannot be arsed right now.

Somehow when I was writing out my goals yesterday I missed the two I'd been planning on and just came up with other shit. Thanks, brain. I think I'm going to wait until next week to officially start the challenge, but still make an attempt at everything during zero week. I'm not entirely sure what's dragging me down right now (obvious answers are depression, family, lack of sunlight, etc) but I need to try to sort it out. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Guess where my mind went...

This dude scared the everloving shit out of me every time I watched this movie.

9 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I would feel pretty meh if I had to redo my bedding every week too! 😛

Yeahhh that's definitely a factor. But it's so nice waking up and being able to breathe after I change them!

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have never had to shovel snow. I'm not starting now. Sorry*

*I'm mostly not sorry tbh

Rude.

4 hours ago, Whisper said:

If I got to wear the serial killer mask (and lived anywhere near you) I would have been tempted.

Man if that's all it takes I'd let you wear it whenever you wanted.

• Like 6

I was asking my father about how his various retirement accounts pay out, considering he’s retiring in 30 fucking days. Of course he’s not sure how any of it works except for his pension. So while we’re talking about things and he starts complaining about how my mother was supposed to figure things out for his IRA but never did so now he’s lost money on it ( :rolleyes: ) he changes tracks and then starts in on how my brother and I need to think about these things and “don’t be like me” etc, which is his favorite pity line. 

And then he shut up and sulked when I said I opened an IRA 6 years ago. Point: Flea. 

(Am I contributing to said IRA right now? No, but he doesn’t need to know that.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

How old is he? Most retirement accounts have a penalty if he starts withdrawing before age 59 1/2.

61, so we’re clear on that front. He’s getting a pension that kicks in a month after he retires, but he’s got an IRA and something equivalent to a 401k but it’s not that. His pension will cover his daily expenses for a good while, but I’m trying to get him to find out when/if he’s required  to withdraw from the retirement accounts or if they need to be moved elsewhere or, you know, literally anything that someone should figure out before retiring  

One of his accounts is at Fidelity so he can definitely get advice from someone for all of this and I’m not necessarily worried about it long term. But I don’t want to hear him bitching if he does something wrong and gets hit with penalties or whatever for not filing the right paperwork or something. 

• Like 3

He’s not required to withdraw until 70 1/2.

There are two types of retirement accounts for public servants, 403b plans (which are just like 401ks) and 457 plans (which are mostly like 401ks).

Both 457 and 403bs used to only be deferred compensation (tax sheltered) money and it’s taxed as income when you withdraw. He should talk to someone and figure out the best way to get his money out. One big lump sum probably isn’t a good idea.

My dad lived on his pension and social security until he was 70 1/2 and was forced to withdraw. He takes the minimum required withdrawal out because he doesn’t want a big tax hit. I’m not saying this is the best way to deal with it, just that if his pension is a livable amount, he has time to figure things out.

The best, first person to talk to is likely someone in benefits at the police department. They will know the generalities and who he should talk to about specifics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

He’s not required to withdraw until 70 1/2.

There are two types of retirement accounts for public servants, 403b plans (which are just like 401ks) and 457 plans (which are mostly like 401ks).

Both 457 and 403bs used to only be deferred compensation (tax sheltered) money and it’s taxed as income when you withdraw. He should talk to someone and figure out the best way to get his money out. One big lump sum probably isn’t a good idea.

My dad lived on his pension and social security until he was 70 1/2 and was forced to withdraw. He takes the minimum required withdrawal out because he doesn’t want a big tax hit. I’m not saying this is the best way to deal with it, just that if his pension is a livable amount, he has time to figure things out.

The best, first person to talk to is likely someone in benefits at the police department. They will know the generalities and who he should talk to about specifics.

Thanks so much for this information! He has a 457, which I didn’t even know was a thing. But now I feel better, because if he’s not required to withdraw yet then we have time and I’m just going to leave it for now. I’ll badger him to get more info from the benefits folks before he retires and then deal with the rest after he’s done. 

• Like 6

Also since I know people worry about me getting too involved: I’m not becoming his money manager forever or anything. I just want to know what’s going on and make sure it’s all set up well from the start, and then after that if he fucks shit up it’s his own problem. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Also, make sure your Dad talks to Social Security. Since your mom has passed, if hes getting hers, he may be able got more if he starts drawing on his. Between this and pension, he may not need to worry about the other accounts unless there's a "bigger" expense.

• Like 2