h3r0 finishes the year strong

tenor (1).gif

Heavy Week 

Bat wings 

5/3/2 Beach Press 115/130/140#

5x5 Bench Press 115#

Feeling beat up. I think the two HIIT sessions last week and lower calories have pushed my recovery because usually I feel energetic during heavy week. 

Weight = 202 lbs. Down 2 pounds 

No walk yesterday, but I did get in some good reading. 

• Like 2

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

main-qimg-ad4d39f6acef9aa717783220c4f977

Heavy Week 

5/3/2 OHP 80/90/100#

5x5 OHP 80# 

Good training session. First time I have hit triple digits pressing overhead. 

• Like 1

giphy (5).gif

Arm Work 

3x10 BB Curls 45# 

3x10 close grip bench 95/105/105# 

3x10 hammer curl 15# 

Out of town for Christmas activities this weekend. Next week I will Deload but with my procedure at the end of the week I will have to take the whole following week off. So a Deload and a off week, we will see if I can come back recharged or going to have to play catch up after that. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 6:04 AM, h3r0 said:

5/3/2 OHP 80/90/100#

5x5 OHP 80# 

Good training session. First time I have hit triple digits pressing overhead. 

Noice. Those OHPs are stubborn but we must chase them down most persistently. 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

tenor (2).gif

Deload Week 

3x5 trap bar deadlift 150/160/170# 

This is going to be a crazy week. It is my last week of work until next year and my procedure is Thursday with Christmas around the corner. I have a lot of stuff to get done in only a few days. 

• Like 1

Deload Week 

Jump Rope 5 mins 

3x5 OHP 60/65/70#

Joker Set 1x5 OHP 95# 

2x5 KB Complex: Deads, clean, squat, press, swing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

giphy (6).gif

My procedure is this afternoon and I am freaking out... 

You will be fine. You will be back here with us in no time.

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

Thanks everyone. 

The build up in my head was far worse than the actual event. Honestly it was nothing and all over very quickly. I'm not allowed to exercise for a week so I guess I am on a off week. Looking forward to coming back strong. My early morning workouts have become the best part of my day. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

Looking forward to coming back strong. My early morning workouts have become the best part of my day. 

Welcome back :) 

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

Been taking it easy the last two days. Yesterday was a little tough but much better today. Mrs. H3r0 has been a fantastic care giver. 

No deadlifts tomorrow 😢 but what can you do. I did find out that there is a fencing club in town that I was not aware of. I might have to check it out. Add swashbuckling to my skill set.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

I did find out that there is a fencing club in town that I was not aware of. I might have to check it out. Add swashbuckling to my skill set.

Sweet!

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Still recovering, it will be this weekend before I can workout again. I am still really tender but can't wait to get back at it soon. I am going to have to hold myself back a bit and not over do it in the beginning. 

In the mean time I have time on my hands to plan out my goals for next year. Thinking I will build a 20 for 2020 for myself. Twenty things I want to do in 2020.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

In the mean time I have time on my hands to plan out my goals for next year. Thinking I will build a 20 for 2020 for myself. Twenty things I want to do in 2020.

1. Swashbuckling

Right?

35 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

1. Swashbuckling

Right?

Totes. I might have to change my character to a Cavalier. 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Totes. I might have to change my character to a Cavalier. 😉

36bc6fa1df16f61b8210905cc9b40541--the-pr

• Like 1

So I have spent the last two days digging up half of my yard. I had a water leak in the sprinkler system and dang they bury those things deeper than you think. I definitely got my exercise in. My first official workout return will be Sunday. A bro does not miss deadlift day. 

• Like 2

A busy day that was not planned. Changed out some ceiling lights, repaired a wobbly table, finished filling in the trenches I dug yesterday, put out some rye seed to cover them, then got out the pressure washer to take care of all the mud and clay I got everywhere.

I don't mind pressure washing but it is such a pain to drag everything out, untangle hoses, and set it up. So since it was already out I washed the front porch, then the back, then the fence since it had green stuff growing on it. 

I was beat after that. Mrs. H3r0 got me some awesome bluetooth ear buds for Christmas. You can't hear anything except the music with them on. I grabbed a beer and zoned out to a great electronic Playlist for about 15 minutes. It was awesome. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h3r0 said:

I was beat after that. Mrs. H3r0 got me some awesome bluetooth ear buds for Christmas. You can't hear anything except the music with them on. 

That is indeed awesome. The music above all.

warrior-quotes.jpg

First training day at first light tomorrow after a Deload week and a week off and eating nothing but junk for weeks. Looking forward to it even though I know it will suck. 

Tomorrow we deadlift 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Tomorrow we deadlift 

Yes, we do. I have set a task reminder on my phone to make sure I don't forget about it.

• That's Metal 1