4 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

Mexican vegetable mix' (Kroger's idea anyway, brocolli, cauliflower, red bell pepper, and corn

Los Kroger's están locos. I've never heard of that combo in Mexican cuisine. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Los Kroger's están locos. I've never heard of that combo in Mexican cuisine. 

That's what I figured. It's a good combo though. I like it.

Is there any place for brocolli and cauliflower in Mexican food?

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

8 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

That's what I figured. It's a good combo though. I like it.

Is there any place for brocolli and cauliflower in Mexican food?

Maybe in other styles, I've never seen it here, and what I'm exposed to is a mix of Northern Mexican with Texan. A quick check of Wikipedia confirms my suspicion that they aren't traditional, but food is so international these days thanks to the internet they may be catching on. Corn is very traditional in Mexico, and bell peppers are common enough.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Maybe in other styles, I've never seen it here, and what I'm exposed to is a mix of Northern Mexican with Texan. A quick check of Wikipedia confirms my suspicion that they aren't traditional, but food is so international these days thanks to the internet they may be catching on. Corn is very traditional in Mexico, and bell peppers are common enough.

I think Kroger's logic just says, "Name it after whatever is in there in addition to brocolli and cauliflower"

Brocolli + cauliflower = winter mix

winter mix + red peppers + corn = Mexican blend

winter mix + carrots = California blend

winter mix + zucchini + italian green beans + carrots = Italian blend

winter mix + sugar snap peas + peppers + onions + mushroom = Stir fry mix

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Meditation: 20 min of Zazen this morning. I actually set the timer and stuck it out. Zazen is a core and posture workout all on its own.

Workout: 3 supersets: Deadlifts 70 lbs., 5 pushups, 10 lying leg extensions

Macros: On point. I still have to finish my meals but I have them all prepped and tracked.

Writing: I didn't get any in this morning. :( I think meditation is kinda counteracting or superceding the need/motivation to write.

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

4 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

Writing: I didn't get any in this morning. :( I think meditation is kinda counteracting or superceding the need/motivation to write.

Is writing stress relief for you? Or do you only have time/motivation to do one of the two? 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

34 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Is writing stress relief for you? Or do you only have time/motivation to do one of the two? 

Writing is a creative act that I find gratifying, it's about me creating something. It can be stress inducing, but gratifying in the end. Writing is all about collecting and curating good ideas. Writing a fantasy novel is all about escaping to a far away place that's not real.

Zazen relieves stress, but it is ultimately about letting the ego go and not worrying about idea as they run around the house making little messes everywhere until they tire themselves out and lay down to rest. Zazen is about being right-fucking-here, right-fucking-now.

I totally have time to do both. But, they have opposing affects on the mind.

I need to find a balance between them and apply them appropriately.

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

9 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

I totally have time to do both. But, they have opposing affects on the mind.

I need to find a balance between them and apply them appropriately.

That makes sense. Maybe they're suited to different times of day. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

That feeling you get when it's 2:30 in the morning, you just got home from work on the night shift and showered, now you just gotta get something quick to eat to you decide to make a protein shake, and you start shaking the bottle only to find out very quickly that while you screwed the cap on tight, the little flap that covers the mouthpiece wasn't on all the way and you just throw a bunch of your whey shake all over the kitchen, like ALL over the kitchen, countertop, cabinets, and floor, and now you gotta clean it up and all you wanna do is drink your whey and fucking go to sleep...

<sigh>

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

That feeling you get when it's 2:30 in the morning, you just got home from work on the night shift and showered, now you just gotta get something quick to eat to you decide to make a protein shake, and you start shaking the bottle only to find out very quickly that while you screwed the cap on tight, the little flap that covers the mouthpiece wasn't on all the way and you just throw a bunch of your whey shake all over the kitchen, like ALL over the kitchen, countertop, cabinets, and floor, and now you gotta clean it up and all you wanna do is drink your whey and fucking go to sleep...

<sigh>

A modern tragedy!

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

12 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

<sigh>

Thank you for sharing this experience. Because you did, I double-checked the little flat on my own shaker bottle when I used it to make a breakfast shake at work this morning, and was able to discover it was not fully closed, before it was too late. I credit your post completely for saving me from throwing whey chocolate shake all over my computer and desk at work.

Thank you.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

I just got paid a few hours ago. I just now caught up on all my outstanding bills for the month. And, here's the kicker... for once I still have  a little left over.

Meditation: Done it. Another 20 min.

Macros: I didn't track what I ate, but i ate the same things I've been eating so, we should be good here.

Workout: I slept too late and didn't have time.

Writing: Same here.

I've been sleeping too late lately. Until noon these last couple of days. At work they decided to push my start time back an hour so that'll buy me an extra hour tomorrow. Tonight I worked an extra 45 min to force myself to start getting used to leaving an hour later... and extra time on the clock.

I think also it's time for a refeed. I have been dragging ass. And that's probably why I'm tending to sleep in. Tomorrow, my boss is ordering pizza for lunch at work as an extra Holiday treat for the night crew. So at least that timed out well. Definitely gotta workout before I go to work tomorrow so that pizza has some place to go. And let's not forget that next week is gonna be all holiday food.

When I made my initial plan for this challenge, I hadn't decided I'd be taking all Christmas week off. So I'm going to see if I can at least cram all my writing into next week, since I'll have 30-50 extra hours to do it. All need to do is write three chapters. I don't have too much going on with holiday events, just a lot of food to eat. I can make that work.

• Like 5

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

7 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

When I made my initial plan for this challenge, I hadn't decided I'd be taking all Christmas week off. So I'm going to see if I can at least cram all my writing into next week, since I'll have 30-50 extra hours to do it. All need to do is write three chapters. I don't have too much going on with holiday events, just a lot of food to eat. I can make that work.

Feed and write. Sounds fine. I haven't decided how to manage my Christmas week. We're travelling, so do I try to find a gym? Do I make rules for eating out? Do I write? Or do I sort of ooze into a slothful puddle and absorb all nearby delicacies and treats?

• Like 2

I don't have too much going on with holiday events, just a lot of food to eat. I can make that work.

Attainable is the most important part of SMART goals, imo. 

Eat and write all the things. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

2 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Attainable is the most important part of SMART goals, imo. 

Nope. That's "Realistic" 😛

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Does S stand for sexy? I’d put that at the top.

Ahem. I believe the full acronym is Smutty Mechanists Amorously Revealing Tights

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Does S stand for sexy? I’d put that at the top.

According to the performance review things they use at my workplace, SMART stands for this:

• Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
  • Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
  • Achievable (agreed, attainable).
  • Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
  • Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).

I like Harriet's version better.

• Like 2

Sausage

Mushroom

Artichoke hearts

Red peppers

Tomatoes

SMART Pizza.

Speaking of which... Yeah, totally worth it. The pizza we got at work tonight was basically... Say you have two slices of pizza. Then you take the toppings and cheese from one slice, and by the way there's already enough cheese on one slice to pull it all off in one thick ass sheet, so you take the toppings and cheese from one slice and just slap it on top of the toppings and cheese of the other slice... that's the kind of pizza this was. I mean, it's like this place has no regard for budget margins or cholesterol intake guidelines when it comes to toppings. I had a slice of the pepperoni pizza and it had a clump of eight slices of pepperoni all in one stack on there, like they just dumped a bag of pepperoni slices on there.

So that was awesome.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

6 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

Sausage

Mushroom

Artichoke hearts

Red peppers

Tomatoes

Yay. It sounds like your pizza makers are awash with reckless abandon, that they have cut loose from all moral and earthly laws and become pepperoni outlaws, and cheese degenerates. Excellent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

Sausage

Mushroom

Artichoke hearts

Red peppers

Tomatoes

SMART Pizza.

That sounds REALLY good right now...

BRB, getting breakfast.

• Like 1

'Roni outlaws! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

18 hours ago, Chris Tarly said:

Sausage

Mushroom

Artichoke hearts

Red peppers

Tomatoes

SMART Pizza.

Speaking of which... Yeah, totally worth it. The pizza we got at work tonight was basically... Say you have two slices of pizza. Then you take the toppings and cheese from one slice, and by the way there's already enough cheese on one slice to pull it all off in one thick ass sheet, so you take the toppings and cheese from one slice and just slap it on top of the toppings and cheese of the other slice... that's the kind of pizza this was. I mean, it's like this place has no regard for budget margins or cholesterol intake guidelines when it comes to toppings. I had a slice of the pepperoni pizza and it had a clump of eight slices of pepperoni all in one stack on there, like they just dumped a bag of pepperoni slices on there.

So that was awesome.

I want to eat a SMART pizza.... 

• Like 1