WhiteGhost Does... Stuff

This challenge I am going to do things.  Not all the things, but at least some of them.

What kind of things you ask?  Well, I'm glad you asked.  You guys are so polite.

1. I am going to work out.  Mostly at the park, but I may get to the gym a few times as well.  I am going to make sure each park workout focuses on 2-3 skills, one of which will be one arm handstands.  I made a goal to get a 5 second single arm handstand by the end of the year.  It is looking highly unlikely at this point, but 1) it isn't the end of the year yet so I'm not ready to give up just yet and 2) I have the option to extend until the end of next year if I don't make it.  If I don't make it into the gym for Leg Day, I need to do some leg work at the park to make up for it.  We can't be skipping Leg Day now, can we?

2. I am going to cook and eat my own food.  It may not all be healthy (it is pie season after all), but I want to be eating home cooked meals at least 5 times per week.

3. I am going to Keep working on learning Chinese proverbs.  For the last 2 challenges I have been trying to learn at least one new proverb every day, and I think it is a great habit so I am going to keep it up.

4. I am going to play Skyrim.  Lots of it.  I figured I would be tired of it by now but that hasn't happened, at least not yet.  This probably isn't the best use of my time, but I am just going to go ahead and accept that this is how I am going to spend most of my free time and enjoy the heck out of it.  Next year I can look at doing more productive things with my time.

5. Other stuff.  I always have other stuff going on and I am pretty sure I am going to keep on doing it.  

6. I am going to journal.  Which is basically just another way to say I am going to post here about my days, because NF is essentially my journal.

What am I NOT going to do?  Track anything.  No scores, no report cards, no penalties.  

And that's it, clean and simple. :) 

• Like 18
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

4. I am going to play Skyrim.  Lots of it.  I figured I would be tired of it by now but that hasn't happened, at least not yet. 

Since it came out I've logged over 1000 hours on that game across two platforms, and I still get the itch to go back and play more.  It's one of the biggest time sinks I've ever encountered.

Clean and simple is great, less room for interpretation and procrastination I find.

• Like 2

Fight your foes in the field, nor be burnt in your house.

Following!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I like your challenge. It sounds fun and very balanced. 

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Not only do I like how you phrased things, I also like your structure and attitude for this. And video games are perfectly fine way to spend your time (says the Neverwinter rogue). 

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

I have Skyrim and I often get the urge to play it but I'm pretty sure it'll end up with all my goals, friends and family being utterly neglected so I've never quite pulled the trigger.

Following!

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

18 hours ago, Harriet said:

Things! I love things! Especially skyrim. 

Yes, things are great!  We should all do things :) 

14 hours ago, Zaethe said:

Since it came out I've logged over 1000 hours on that game across two platforms, and I still get the itch to go back and play more.  It's one of the biggest time sinks I've ever encountered.

Clean and simple is great, less room for interpretation and procrastination I find.

I haven't checked how many hours I have in the game so far, but it is not a few.  Definitely a huge time sink, but so is my phone and I enjoy Skyrim more.

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Glad to have you along, sir!

10 hours ago, Aquarii said:

I like your challenge. It sounds fun and very balanced. 

Thank you, and welcome :) 

10 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Not only do I like how you phrased things, I also like your structure and attitude for this. And video games are perfectly fine way to spend your time (says the Neverwinter rogue). 

Yes, video games are great, as long as they become the ONLY was to spent my time ;) 

10 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I like this! How relaxing XKtUNxB.png

I find that I do better when things are fun, so I like to make things as fun as I can whenever possible

10 hours ago, Rookie said:

Following!

Hey!  great to have you along

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I love that you added Skyrim as a "goal". 😆

I am going to be doing it anyway, I might as well admit it and work with it rather than fight it :D 

8 hours ago, deftona said:

I have Skyrim and I often get the urge to play it but I'm pretty sure it'll end up with all my goals, friends and family being utterly neglected so I've never quite pulled the trigger.

Following!

I suspect you are probably right, it is hugely fun but can easily take up all the free time (and more!)

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I used to play Skyrim like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Let me guess... someone stole your sweet roll

Yesterday started out with a workout in the park.  It was freezing cold though, with a steady stiff breeze blowing down from Siberia so I didn't ever get warm enough to take my jacket off.  I did a bunch of warm up exercises for various skills to no avail, and didn't really spend much time on any of them except for handstands.  Since my two handed hands stands have been so stable recently, I decided to work with that and came up with a new progression towards single handed.  I would get up into a handstand and then just shift my weight back and forth from hand to hand.  By the end, I was able to start getting my off hands up onto finger tips.  

After the park I came home and did some laundry and gassed up the car.  I then spent the better part of the afternoon playing skyrim until Ghostlet came back from school.  Dinner was fried rice because we had a bunch of rice in the fridge from last week that needed to be used.

The proverb for yesterday was 华而不实 (Hua Er Bu Shi) which means flowers but no fruit and is used to describe something that looks good but doesn't work properly.  Basically the equivalent of "all form, no function"

• Like 10

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Stuff is good.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Since my two handed hands stands have been so stable recently, I decided to work with that and came up with a new progression towards single handed. 

The gods gave you two hands, and you use them both for your weapon. I can respect that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

9 minutes ago, Harriet said:

The gods gave you two hands, and you use them both for your weapon. I can respect that. 

Snerk.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

11 hours ago, fleaball said:

Stuff is good.

For sure

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

You know I could have gone into that Sanctuary and killed all those Dark Brotherhood types, I was uh... just sick that day

11 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Snerk.

I love this community

37 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I love reading your journal :) 

Thanks, I do what I can to keep it interesting

Today started out with a trip to gym for LEG DAY!!!  I always enjoy leg day but I don't always enjoy having to wait until the gym opens at freaking 10am.  I feel like I waste the whole morning waiting for the gym to open.  I decided to limit my volume today and so I did my 5x5x5.  Deets in the spoiler for anyone interested

Spoiler

5x5x5 means 5 exercises each with 5 sets of 5 reps.

I started with 5x5 squats but I dropped down to 70kgs so I could focus on form.  They felt pretty good.  There were a bunch of trainers around so I didn't like my odds on being able to sneak in a few deadlifts so I just did them in the smith machine again.  I started at 120kgs but dropped to 110kgs after the first set because I felt like I had to cheat to get the bar up.  Next up was single leg ham curls on the ham curl bench.  I started at 35kgs but I found that I was recruiting way too much lower back and had to drop down to 30kgs before I could isolate the hams & glutes.  Next up was y favorite lift, one I call truck lifts (see video below).  My previous 1RM was 200kgs but today I was able to get a full 5 reps at 200kgs.  I decided to try 210kgs and when that went up smoothly I decided to give 220kgs a go.  Below is a video of that effort:

Ladies & gentlemen, that is a new 1RM for me :) 

My final sets were weighted lunges with a pair of 20kgs dumbbells.  

The weather was quite good today so I deiced to walk home in my shorts.  I was highly amused at the various expressions of shock I got from everyone huddled in their parkas :D 

I spend most of the afternoon playing skyrim as usual and then made some lasagna for dinner.  

The proverb that came up for today was one that I already knew but I am going to go with it anyway.  The proverb is 实话实说 (Shi Hua Shi Shuo) which means "to be honest..." or "honestly speaking..."

• Like 9

Level 2 Ninja

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yesterday started out with a workout in the park.  It was freezing cold though, with a steady stiff breeze blowing down from Siberia so I didn't ever get warm enough to take my jacket off. 

I'm not used to people saying things like "it feels like Siberia!" and not be exaggerating. :D 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

SKYRIM

SKYRIM

SKYRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM

I play as a big ol' ARGONIAN LIZARD MAN that wields a two handed battle axe and frick is it fun to just run into a hole full of skeletons and WHOMP on 'em and watch all their little skulls pop off and fly across the room ahahahaha murder lizard yes

18 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The proverb for yesterday was 华而不实 (Hua Er Bu Shi) which means flowers but no fruit and is used to describe something that looks good but doesn't work properly.  Basically the equivalent of "all form, no function"

I love this VERY MUCH.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

I love your set-up and I'm particularly loving this goal:

On 12/2/2019 at 4:37 AM, WhiteGhost said:

4. I am going to play Skyrim.  Lots of it.  I figured I would be tired of it by now but that hasn't happened, at least not yet.  This probably isn't the best use of my time, but I am just going to go ahead and accept that this is how I am going to spend most of my free time and enjoy the heck out of it.  Next year I can look at doing more productive things with my time.

I promised myself when Skyrim came out that I'd get it when I finally completed Oblivion. Eight years later I'm not exactly close to doing that...

And congrats on the new 1RM!

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Always see your great food photos on instagram.

Following here too to get mooooooore :D

• Like 1

Congrats on the PR!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

You know I could have gone into that Sanctuary and killed all those Dark Brotherhood types, I was uh... just sick that day

I had to google that because I never didn't join the brotherhood. On all my many playthroughs. What can I say? I love slaying. 

Nice PR! It looks kinda like a backward deadlift. But with high hips. Okay, so not that similar. I guess it works your back.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist