Echo tracks things

Hi everyone!

The main objective of this challenge is to get through the month as smoothly as possible. So, with that I am sharing my current daily trackers with you guys:

• get up when the alarm rings - usually 8 or 10 am currently.
  • don't slouch when you sit - the longer I sit the worse my posture becomes and I'm trying to fix this
  • dishes - I suck at this chore.
  • no computer after 10 pm - for my own sanity.
  • exercise - some days this will be stretching, some days it will be heavy exercise. As long as I move I count it. Counts as half if I just have a day where I walked a lot or lifted a lot of heavy stuff in general.
  • 4 glasses (1 bottle) of water - feeling sick because you didn't drink any water is horrible.
  • daily vitamin - I generally remember this, but just in case.

There are some more (like my Italian duolingo one) , but these are the ones I need to not miss this month. Honestly I'll be happy with a 50% success rate but the ideal is 90%. Some are easier than others, so unless one falls by the wayside fully, I should be able to be better than last month. 

In other news, I'm taking two exams this month, so the name of the game is "don't procrastinate". After this I can take January off and work on a different thing, and that might be relaxing.

• Like 12

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

36 minutes ago, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

I hate this chore more than cleaning the bathroom! I totally wish you luck with it.

When I make it a thing I do every day I do fine even if I don't do all of em.

Update:

Not going to commit to daily updates, but gonna do this today.

So far, I've taken my vitamins, I've gotten up at 9 am (after waking up at 4:30 and having trouble going to sleep again) so I'm counting it as a half, I think? 

Also, I started a 10 minute yoga goof around that turned into a 20 min yoga with headstand practise (I can hold myself up, but when I try and straighten my back a little more I still tip over) and two, yes you read that right, two 1 min elbow planks sandwiching it, thanks to an article that @TGP shared that stuck the idea in my head. I also got the kink out of my arms, so yay!

We'll see how we do by the end of the day, I have a few things to do left.

• Like 5

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

57 minutes ago, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

I hate this chore more than cleaning the bathroom! I totally wish you luck with it.

This is my favourite of the chores!  I like to go in the kitchen put on an audiobook or podcast and just have half an hour nice listening time whilst doing something productive that takes little thinking.. 

3 hours ago, Echoceanic said:
  • don't slouch when you sit - the longer I sit the worse my posture becomes and I'm trying to fix this

I am rubbish at this though, my posture is generally awful and if I am not actively thinking about keeping my posture good it automatically becomes bad back city

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Quirky Quinn said:

This is my favourite of the chores!  I like to go in the kitchen put on an audiobook or podcast and just have half an hour nice listening time whilst doing something productive that takes little thinking.. 

My problem is that my lower back begins hurting within 10 minutes. My faucet is at a really weird low angle to my sink and I think that is the problem? 

2 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

I am rubbish at this though, my posture is generally awful and if I am not actively thinking about keeping my posture good it automatically becomes bad back city

When I was a teen I shot up like a weed and began slouching so my mom would tap my back every time she saw me do it. But it didn't translate to sitting at my desk, no matter how I adjust my chair I still wind up a croissant. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Salinger said:

HEY ECHO :D 

Supporting you through this challenge!

Good goals, you can do it :)

Hi Sal, good to see you here.

4 minutes ago, Harriet said:

But I guess you have to catch yourself doing it and then continuously correct.

Yup, until it's second nature, or a find a way that makes it easier.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I struggle with this so much. I studied music in school, and my teachers were always on me about posture, so I developed great standing posture, which was great until I got a desk job. For some reason it just does not translate and I often find myself slouching at my desk.

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

HI HI ❤️

Posture is haaaard, I used to set myself a timer to go "ding-a-ling~" every 10 minutes, that was my "hey Shaar you slouchy butthead sit up a little better" reminder, but I can't do that at my current job...

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

51 minutes ago, Aquarii said:

For some reason it just does not translate and I often find myself slouching at my desk.

Exactly! And for some reason I wind up clenching my shoulders so much they start hurting.

43 minutes ago, shaar said:

I used to set myself a timer to go "ding-a-ling~" every 10 minutes, that was my "hey Shaar you slouchy butthead sit up a little better" reminder

I actually think I can do this. I just need to figure out how to not ignore it, or mistake it with my current 'drink water' thingy.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

Exactly! And for some reason I wind up clenching my shoulders so much they start hurting.

That certainly doesn't sound enjoyable. I carry a lot of tension in my shoulders when I am stressed, but I think they stay pretty relaxed the rest of the time (lol, the rest of the time...as if I am not constantly stressing about something). Reading your thread is making me more aware of my own posture today, so thank you for the reminder!

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

7 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

get up when the alarm rings - usually 8 or 10 am currently.

This is consistently the most difficult part of the day for me no matter what time I have it set for... Good luck with it! And all of the rest :) 

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

15 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

This is consistently the most difficult part of the day for me no matter what time I have it set for... Good luck with it! And all of the rest :) 

I am pretty good at it when I have work. But I suck at it in general. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I was literally folded in half over my computer when I read this - thanks for the reminder! 😬

11 hours ago, shaar said:

HI HI ❤️

Posture is haaaard, I used to set myself a timer to go "ding-a-ling~" every 10 minutes, that was my "hey Shaar you slouchy butthead sit up a little better" reminder, but I can't do that at my current job...

I think some of those fancy activity tracker watches might also have a feature like this?

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Here to follow your triumphant return!!

• Like 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

23 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I’ll join the chorus of those saying what a good goal this is! I imagine it’s not something most of us think about, but so very important. 

23 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

In other news, I'm taking two exams this month, so the name of the game is "don't procrastinate". After this I can take January off and work on a different thing, and that might be relaxing.

Good luck on exams!

• Like 1

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

43 minutes ago, Novaurora said:

Here to follow your triumphant return!!

Glad to see you here!

6 minutes ago, theophilus said:

I imagine it’s not something most of us think about, but so very important. 

I've noticed that if I do it, I feel less pain so it mitigates some of the damage from sitting all day, and it influences my workouts and general movement so much it's kinda boggling.

10 minutes ago, theophilus said:

Good luck on exams!

Thank you! 

• Like 2

Update:

The cold finally defeated me, I need to get the duvet out (I say as everyone around me has already turned their heat on and is wearing their winter clothes), I can't sleep with just the cover and a light blanket. I have a half on my 'get up' tracker because of it. Tomorrow, when I have to get up at 5:30 is gonna be -4 (24 for you Fahrenheit people).

Upside is that I did a big load of dishes yesterday and the kitchen hadn't turned into a big pile of them, which means we didn't slack as much as I thought we did.

And what might be due to talking about it here I pay attention to my back a lot more, so yay. Water is good too, I actually started this a few days before the challenge, and the bottle thing is working well.

My energy level is lower (normal for this time of the month) but I still managed a Spartan Trials day (from darebee) which I will add below as a 'this is what kicks my ass' example:

a very small warm up - probably too small

3 sets 2 min rest in between and when I ran out of breath

20 squats,

10 jump squats,

20 front kicks,

to failure push ups (aka 5-ish or 10-ish if I half-ass it),

10 shoulder taps,

10 thigh taps,

10 plank to lunges,

10 plank leg raises,

10 alt plank arm/leg raises (these I suck at)

stretching

Right arm still twinges a bit, I'm right handed but I can do more weight in my left hand apparently. It's from me doing bicep curls with a heavier weight a few days back, as long as I don't stop moving it will leave with no issues, if I stop completely I will be in pain.

I'm having a hard time starting things, kinda a bad time for it since exams, but I am hoping this tracking and being proactive about stuff thing will give me momentum, so I don't have to start moving, just keep moving. Ya know?

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Good job, wow thats a good workout.

I like doing things that three years ago me would be staring at in horror. :D Good motivator.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I like doing things that three years ago me would be staring at in horror. :D Good motivator.

I love this train of thought SO MUCH!

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

You know, when I opened your thread I immediately sat up straighter :lol:

4 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

This, absolutely this! A good motivator and mindset both :) 

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram