• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I've been in and out, Miau, but I love your sloth things and I love your brave spirit jumping into your new school semester!! I'm so excited for you and so thrilled that you're making progress toward your dreams - even if I'm not always here, know that I'm rooting for you and cheering for you from afar!!  ❤️ 

I know Christmas isn't really your thing, but hopefully you can celebrate a Family Day and know that you are so deeply loved!!  :) 

• Like 3

Dropping in with hugs and pompom sparkles and gosh, I'm so proud of you for weathering all of this and SCHOOL and gosh you are going to rock it Miau!!!! YEAHYEAHYEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! *^________________^*

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I've been in and out, Miau, but I love your sloth things and I love your brave spirit jumping into your new school semester!! I'm so excited for you and so thrilled that you're making progress toward your dreams - even if I'm not always here, know that I'm rooting for you and cheering for you from afar!!  ❤️ 

I know Christmas isn't really your thing, but hopefully you can celebrate a Family Day and know that you are so deeply loved!!  :) 

*hugs* It's always good to hear from you, Sky! ❤️ Thank you for your support :D

21 hours ago, loire said:

Dropping in with hugs and pompom sparkles and gosh, I'm so proud of you for weathering all of this and SCHOOL and gosh you are going to rock it Miau!!!! YEAHYEAHYEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! *^________________^*

POMPOMS YASSSS ❤️ ❤️ Thanks, Loire!

------------------------------------------------------------------

CHRISTMAS EVE:

momsauce and i went to the Christmas Eve service at church. They do two of them, one at 3:30 and one at 5, and we got there around 2:30 :lol: there was a deacon milling about setting things up so on a whim i asked if there was anything that needed doing, so he let me hand out candles and the order-of-program papers to people coming in, then collect the used candles afterward. also did a bit of giving people directions and answering some questions. He approached later on and said that if i'd like to i can help with that kind of thing on Sundays too :3 so momsauce and i wound up going in the later one, and it was...well, for that one, several people had brought their congested, coughing children and one family in particular, their kids screamed and cried and (loudly) chattered the entire way through and the parents did nothing but make very aggressive "SHHHHHH" at them (along with occasional threats delivered) and there were many points we couldn't even hear the actual service going on due to this family's activities. momsauce and i were both overtired by that point from stuff the previous day, and not having gotten much sleep, and both of us coming down with varying degrees of crud. we were both halfway to panic attacks and actually wound up leaving like five minutes before the service ended XD we didn't even get to light our candles! but for real neither of us could take any more.

but after we left we had a look about for dinner and nowhere was open, except a little Mexican Cuisine that let us in about four minutes before they'd intended to close! (we didn't realize before getting to the door that they were so close to closing time or we wouldn't have approached, we just saw the 'open' sign, the man at the door was so friendly and told us to go ahead and come in) and we had such a good, braincell-restoring dinner, straight up prevented an emotional breakdown at that stage lol

CHRISTMAS DAY:

broski cooked a meal of ham, potatoes, green beans, and rolls for himself, momsauce, and grandad. didn't bother all sitting at the table as momsauce's Crud had fully set in. We did a quick exchange of gifts and put a raincheck on the movie and gamenight we'd intended. i had a not-nutella waffle sometime in the AM and forgot to eat again until around 5. also discovered water coming up from under the tiles in the hallway. 👀

TODAY's plan is mainly to drink lots of water (i've been slacking a bit) and do a workout. maybe go for a walk since all's been quiet on The Great Matter and it's like 70F outside. scratch 'maybe', i'm gonna. got my list of stuff to do today just really need to get on it as it's after 10am already.

• Like 5

Basically End-of-Challenge-Round-Up a day early,

i've done another exam! This one had actual questions on it, too. I officially have my first half credit :3 and got 100% so for now i've got a 'perfect gpa' 😂 after filling in all my answers i went back and looked at each question again, going, "Well, i know for sure this one is correct, and this one," and so on through all the questions, yet was still convinced i'd missed something and would be getting a bad grade. gotta be drinking that self-confidence juice in 2020 i expect. 

haven't done much of what i'd set out to do this Challenge. Sewing projects aren't all finished, drafts remain stacked, house is a fair bit cleaner though and i did tell somebody i have to see fairly frequently about the school stuff. i've also exercised...most days, i think? i don't actually remember much specifically, but that happens. am currently a bit unwell, nothing serious and i think i know what it is but it's had me all weak and a bit shaky, queasy and such. nothing to do but wait that out.

haven't decided a plan for today but it's only gone noon so there's time to do more stuff.

( oh! By the way, the water on the floor turned out to be the fridge's ice-maker leaking and the water soaking into the wall and just. seeping into the hallway? so nothing horrible or disastrously expensive to fix, all sorted out already and the floor's starting to dry )

• Like 6

Nice job on the exam and the exercise habit!

10 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

was still convinced i'd missed something and would be getting a bad grade. 

"No, that's just perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the Universe has that.” --Slartibartfast

Also, you don't have to get every question right to get good grades. You can make some mistakes and still do well.

• Like 3

Eeee way to go on the exam!!!  *awkwardly flailing with pom-poms*  It's totally normal to figure you messed everything up - but of COURSE you were totally prepared. I'm so proud of you!!  ❤️ 

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

Also, you don't have to get every question right to get good grades. You can make some mistakes and still do well.

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Congrats and way to go on the exam!

22 hours ago, Harriet said:

Nice job on the exam and the exercise habit!

18 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Eeee way to go on the exam!!!  *awkwardly flailing with pom-poms*  It's totally normal to figure you messed everything up - but of COURSE you were totally prepared. I'm so proud of you!!  ❤️ 

Thanks, all! :D it felt good to look at the grades page and see that first 100% on there!

22 hours ago, Harriet said:

"No, that's just perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the Universe has that.” --Slartibartfast

Ehehe, true true! I do theoretically understand that perfection isn't necessary, but also even back in Kindergarten up through all the schooling i did get to go through, i'd be crying over a B :lol: don't really have that luxury with this though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

sooooooo awkward confess: stuff Happened yesterday and i didn't get myself out of the spiral in time, self-harmed. right hand's a little messed up now and it's not too bad as far as these things go but it's definitely going to be noticed and that's always uncomfortable. also had to skip church today due to a mix of actually being sick (not that my other stuff isn't 'actually sick') and knowing that today would most likely not be a "no panic attacks during church" day. just. don't really need to be around that many people. there are also supposed to be tornadoes or something later.

so today's agenda is just to click around my school stuff, do some writing, and drink some water. and take some ibuprofen or something because i think i've got a fever.

( not ghastly miserable typing this or anything, it just is what it is )

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

so today's agenda is just to click around my school stuff, do some writing, and drink some water. and take some ibuprofen or something because i think i've got a fever.

Sounds okay. Sounds like today is a good day to take care of yourself and regroup. 

Hey Mia.... sending lots of warm cuddles and love. Make sure the cut is clean, and keep an eye on it. 

Your plans for today sound good. I need to drink more water thanks for the reminder :)

Lots of love xx

1 hour ago, Maggie-Miau said:

sooooooo awkward confess: stuff Happened yesterday and i didn't get myself out of the spiral in time, self-harmed. right hand's a little messed up now and it's not too bad as far as these things go but it's definitely going to be noticed and that's always uncomfortable. also had to skip church today due to a mix of actually being sick (not that my other stuff isn't 'actually sick') and knowing that today would most likely not be a "no panic attacks during church" day. just. don't really need to be around that many people. there are also supposed to be tornadoes or something later.

I'm sorry you had such a rough day. It stinks you weren't able to get out of the spiral. One thing that stuck out clearly to me was the way you wrote about what happened. You did not attach judgement to what happened, you simply stated that it happened and acknowledged it felt awkward to write about it. That is a HUGE step forward for you. There is no self-judgement there, but rather an acceptance that the event happened. That frees you to move forward. It may not seem like much, but I remember a lot of self-loathing in the past when you described such things. I choose to take this as a sign you are making progress in learning how to love yourself. I hope that gives you hope.

• Like 4