You had me at THIS ^^

Image result for deadpool twerking"

Image result for deadpool tacos gif"

Wolf

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

8 hours ago, LovelyBouncer said:

Wow... the genesis of the WOW button. I wonder what the genesis of the "rock it" button is.

Hope the antibiotics are not killing you too hard, but glad you are finally well enough to enter the slo-jo for introvert time. 

Curious.... how did you find NF in December, the heart of the holidays?

Excuse you, that's the "That's Metal" button. ;)

The genesis was Metal is awesome and I wanted people to be able to have another way to compliment posts.

I got the blessing from the tech people above me to add more, so there may be more react buttons coming.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 7

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Excuse you, that's the "That's Metal" button. ;)

The genesis was Metal is awesome and I wanted people to be able to have another way to compliment posts.

I got the blessing from the tech people above me to add more, so there may be more react buttons coming.

Can we get a "that's so raven" emoji?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

51 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

Can we get a "that's so raven" emoji?

We could. The challenge is to have enough reacts that it's fun, but not so many you have to go searching for the one you want. We have to keep mobile users in mind as well. With smaller screens, overloading the react options would make the forums unwieldy for them.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

40 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We could. The challenge is to have enough reacts that it's fun, but not so many you have to go searching for the one you want. We have to keep mobile users in mind as well. With smaller screens, overloading the react options would make the forums unwieldy for them.

Yeah 'cuz I could see how you'd want to have more reacts but not so many that it loads the thing down. Metal and Wow reacts cover a great many things. Just. So many things.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1
17 hours ago, LovelyBouncer said:

Hope the antibiotics are not killing you too hard, but glad you are finally well enough to enter the slo-jo for introvert time. 

Curious.... how did you find NF in December, the heart of the holidays?

Thanks.  I survived the antibiotics better than I thought I would.  

I saw a picture of myself in my underwear at 200+#.  It reignited my exercise habit.  

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

lifting heavy things is a bit like therapy sometimes, isn't it. 

Totally.  If I don’t get enough movement I turn into a jackass and Mrs. Sloth says something along the lines of, “Stop being such an ass and just go on a fucking bike ride.”  She knows me pretty well.  

9 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

You had me at THIS ^^

Image result for deadpool twerking"

Image result for deadpool tacos gif"

Wolf

This deserves a much better gif than I can manage on my phone.  I’m glad you’re here brother.  

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

12/16/18 Monday

Have you ever been to a show and suddenly found yourself in a mosh pit you didn’t want to be part of?  That’s exactly what it felt like at school.  

No fitnessing.  I was really beat up from restarting with sandbags.  I should have yogaed, but I really hate it.  

12/17/19 Tuesday

School wasn’t terrible.  I did another toy lab that retaught potential and kinetic energy.  It was mostly successful.  

No fitnessing.  My body decided to s%^* it’s brains out during my training time.  I assume this was a reaction to the antibiotics because I’ve been eating reasonably well.  

12/18/19 Wednesday 

I didn’t go to school today as I was at court.  It was right in the middle of the day so I had to take the whole day off.  I didn’t mind that part at all.  

I went to probate court over my aunt’s land holdings.  My great-grandparents were allotted reservation land and it looks like, after taking a circuitous route through elder relatives without children, I’ll be inheriting an interest in it.  

Which won’t affect me at all.  I won’t have a majority interest so I can’t build on, develop, sell timber rights, or do much of anything with it. Except hunt on it.  Which, when you think about it, is pretty cool.  

After court I got a burrito :)  I also went to a salon for a haircut.  The kind of place where they offer you wine (I declined) and wash your hair for you. Quite a change after 30 years of cutting my own hair, although I have been known to drink while doing it.

I’m growing it out and figured I needed the help of a professional to keep it from looking too terrible during the awkward in between stage.  She mostly thinned the back and sides and fidgeted with it for a while so that the time to dollar ratio wasn’t too absurd.  It still was and my hair doesn’t look much different than it did yesterday.  

Fitnessing

Mobility

circuit of:

7 X 15/15 Shovelglove at 16#

2 X 12 sandbag rotational lunges at 50#

2 X 6 sandbag clean & squat at 50#

2 X 5/5 sandbag shouldering & lunge at 50#

I meant to do three rounds but the reps were getting ugly and I shut it down. 

• Like 11

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

I call dibs on the backstrap venison

• Like 2

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

On 12/18/2019 at 7:11 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Fitnessing

Mobility

circuit of:

7 X 15/15 Shovelglove at 16#

2 X 12 sandbag rotational lunges at 50#

2 X 6 sandbag clean & squat at 50#

2 X 5/5 sandbag shouldering & lunge at 50#

Have you ever tried mace training? They look like a kettlebell attached to a steel pipe. I keep seeing workouts and articles about them and they seem to be a new up and coming fitness fad. Funny enough, they are cheaper than kettlebells even though more steel is used.

I don't have one but am very interested. As a connoisseur of weighted instruments I was wondering your opinion on them. Worth the time? 

• That's Metal 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

On 12/19/2019 at 11:08 AM, Broba Fett said:

So the real question is, when are we going hunting? ;)

Hah.  I rarely hunt because sitting still and quiet is hard, but a nerd hunting group would be really cool.

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

If you wanna bring @EricMN and hunt oldschool style, I'm told he can throw a mean spear :D

Hah.  I recently read that Ojibwe were really slow to adapt to technological changes (which might explain a lot about me) and we were the last group to give up spear throwers.  That'd be fun to throw around.

5 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Have you ever tried mace training? They look like a kettlebell attached to a steel pipe. I keep seeing workouts and articles about them and they seem to be a new up and coming fitness fad. Funny enough, they are cheaper than kettlebells even though more steel is used.

I don't have one but am very interested. As a connoisseur of weighted instruments I was wondering your opinion on them. Worth the time? 

I'm going to tag @SheriffWolfpool into this.  I know he uses one and, IIRC, he even had the training at Onnit HQ.  

I've never used a mace because I don't have enough space inside in the winter and in the summer throwing metal around gets put on the backburner.  However, I'd love to use one, it looks like a lot of fun.  Extrapolating from my sledgehammer experience, I'd guess they'd be a slow way to build pure strength or mass, but would be great for building general fitness.  I'd assume they're also great for shoulder health and general badassery.  

Sledgehammers are an even cheaper option, you can smack the heck out of a big tire or swing it around - check out www.shovelglove.com - which I think replicates a lot of the benefits of the ballistic KB movements.  @Shello has a nice workout where she smacks a tire, sprints across the gym/ yard, does kettlebell swings, and back again - it's really simple but it's great for conditioning and hits both the anterior and posterior chain.

For slightly more affordable kettlebells I've heard good things about Cap (not the rubber-coated ones) and the Amazon basics ones.  I'm really happy with the Rogues I have which are mid-priced.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12/19/19 Thursday

Lots going on, but not fitnessing.  I spent 90 minutes before work doing some deep cleaning projects that Mrs. Sloth wanted done.  It was vigorous enough to count as active recovery I guess, 'cause it was strenuous enough to jack up my elbow.

School was pretty chill.  I told my classes if they were good for the sub I'd start the end of the year extravaganza (arts&crafts day) a day early.  So they did perler beads all day and it was super calm.  Perler beads are those plastic beads you arrange in a pattern and iron to complete.

MIL came to town.  I'm trying not to get irritated.

We went to a hip hop show last night.  Brother Ali was the headliner, but I really wanted to see the opener, Nur-D, who does nerd-themed rap and sometimes uses a sousaphone for the beats.  We were running really late and missed all but the last two songs of his set.  The show was good.  There were two attractive young women immediately in front of me who were groping on each other and it was quite distracting.  The guy next to me was distracted too and he joined in.  I assumed he was part of their group, but after a bit they vacated.  I wish I knew he was a creeper, I would have interceded.  I'm still pissed on their behalf.  Anyway, it was a good show, but midnight is way past my bedtime these days.

Here's my favorite Brother Ali song

12/20/19 Friday

No fitnessing.  I didn't drink or smoke anything, but in between the late night, the loud music, and all the smoke in the air, I woke up feeling really hung over.  My brain is still a swarm of buzzing beez.

Last day before break.  I gave my classes the choice of more perler beads or to play Minute-To-Win-It.  I assumed the quiet kids would sit in the corner and bead and the rest of us would do the boisterous game, but so far everyone chose the beads.  It's super calm and it's a really nice way to end out this part of the year.

After work we are all going to my sister-in-laws for the family Christmas party.  It won't be terrible.  I should probably pre-eat though.

Bonus song: Here's my favorite from Nur-D.  He's probably the best nerd-themed, body-positive rapper out there right now.  Warning, this version has a break in the middle where he talks about a sensitive subject.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Brother Ali was the headliner,

I love this guy! I have this on my ipod

• That's Metal 2

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

@h3r0, here’s a dissenting opinion.  If you don’t know him, Dan John is one of the smartest guys in the industry.  My rebuttal is, yeah but I’ll actually do sandbags, sledgehammers, and KBs, I won’t do the Olympic barbell lifts.  

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

@h3r0, here’s a dissenting opinion.  If you don’t know him, Dan John is one of the smartest guys in the industry.  My rebuttal is, yeah but I’ll actually do sandbags, sledgehammers, and KBs, I won’t do the Olympic barbell lifts.  

Yeah, I've heard him say that before. To me kettlebells are much more accessible, as I don't really have a big desire to go work out in a gym. And I think sandbags just sound fun, so that's on my one day list. But, I think his big point is not to get so busy doing all these fancy things that you never really focus on the basics

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I would never argue with coach John, the man has decades of experience. If your goal is power, Olympic lifts are the way to go. You can't beat basic barbell lifts for size and strength. But kettlebells are portable, don't take up a lot of space, and they are fun. Plus the months where all I did was KB and mobility work my joints and body have never felt better. I was interested in the mace for the same reason, it looked like fun and might be cool when I need a break from heavy barbell work. 

• Like 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

12/21/19 Saturday - A joyous solstice to you and yours.  May the light of the awakening sun brighten the dark corners and bring hope to the weary.  

I was totally burnt out after the last two weeks of school.  Going to the family Christmas party was nice, but it was the opposite of recharging.  I spent the entire day at the mega mall with the family finishing up our shopping.   By the time we got home I had slipped back into angrsty.  

Here’s a couple of Christmas gifts I’m happy I found, SlothGirl is really into elves, hobbits, spiders, Ewoks, and dragons.  I found discontinued  Ewok Legos and battle of Mirkwood Legos at a reseller NIB at retail price because the boxes were mangled.  I figure if she’s gonna actually play with the toys the box doesn’t matter.  StepSloth and his partner are getting a real metal flail and spiked club, hopefully they’ll use them for cosplay and not to sort out marital difficulties ;) SlothBoy is becoming a rock hound and is 8, he’s getting fossilized poop.   The rest of the presents are pretty basic.  

After the mall I went straight to nerd night*.  That was recharging.   After a dinner of sloppy joes and beer I laid down on the couch and took a 90 minute nap while the rest of the group argued about how to proceed.   They woke me up to roll dice for the boss battle.  Boss was a criminal with nanotechnology that gave him an invisibility suit.  I rolled 12 times before I rolled a double digit number,  near death, the rest of my rolls were 16 and above.   This is typical.  

*For those of you who are new here, nerd night is what we call our gaming night.  The cast has changed some, but it’s been going on for 9 years.  It’s more of a nerd support group; we’re all gen-X and grew up when being a nerd had only negative connotations.  Mostly we drink, argue, make fun of each other, and listen to 80’s music.  Real gamers come to our group once and never return.  

For a couple of years one of the regulars was Ibis (his mom was an actual Haight Ashbury hippy).  He had depressive issues and hasn’t gamed with us for about a year.   He wasn’t ever leaving the house I was told.  Last night I found out his mom responded with the last invite to tell us that he died.  She said he had a heart attack.  I hope that’s true.  I didn’t socialize with him outside the nerd group, but I liked gaming with him and at parties we always found ourselves in a quiet corner talking about something stupid.  

Not a great way to end a Solstice post.  May the sun enter our lives and bring us all joy nerd friends.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

For those of you who are new here, nerd night is what we call our gaming night.  The cast has changed some, but it’s been going on for 9 years.  It’s more of a nerd support group; we’re all gen-X and grew up when being a nerd had only negative connotations.  Mostly we drink, argue, make fun of each other, and listen to 80’s music.  Real gamers come to our group once and never return.  

I love everything about this old school support/fun group, it's great that you guys still keep this up. Also:

7996a537ce70ebe9973b9536e144baed.jpg

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I love everything about this old school support/fun group, it's great that you guys still keep this up. Also:

7996a537ce70ebe9973b9536e144baed.jpg

Thanks. It’s a good group.  You guys and them are my support system.

What a time to be alive, when being a nerd means more than being a socially awkward loser who’s into weird stuff.  I know you weren’t trying to push the fake geek girl trope, but I feel like should put out there that different nerd shit is still nerd shit.  

DorkTower1118a.gif

• Like 6

12/22/19 Sunday

A reasonably relaxing day. First one since before I caught Ebola.  I did some sitting around and puttering in the basement some.  Later on Mrs. Sloth and the kids went to a solstice party.  I stayed home to chill, but MIL came home with her boyfriend.  I hid in the basement some more for fear of catching them making out.  

The kids and I watched The Last Jedi to be ready for The Rise of Skywalker in case we ever get a chance to see it.  Watching a movie with Slothgirl is a lot like having the audio descriptions turned on.  

Fitnessing - weight is going back up because of all of the eating like a dumb ass.

I didn’t want to do sandbags and bother people (I drop the bag to keep pressure off my elbow and the dogs bark) so I did Dan John’s Armor Building Complex.

Mobility and band work

12 rounds of 2 KB cleans + 1 OH Press + 3 racked squats at 2X16kg / 2X35#.

The press was too heavy and the squat was too light, but If my elbow feels ok tomorrow I might stick with this for a while.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Watching a movie with Slothgirl is a lot like having the audio descriptions turned on.  

I love this so much. You are doing parenting right :)

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I know you weren’t trying to push the fake geek girl trope, but I feel like should put out there that different nerd shit is still nerd shit. 

Good call, didn't even know such a trope even existed. As if the hobby hasn't seen enough gatekeeping already.

• Like 2