Who likes gifs?

FWIW most gifs can be inserted into posts automatically by the forum software, all one has to do is right click a gif, select "Copy Image Address" and paste that link into a text-entry box on a thread. For most gifs the software will auto-embed the image or gif (exceptions being pinterest and me.me, among a few others). Most however, work quite well. I also find that the search abilities on such scripts are less effective than google image search. I'm pretty disappointed by the limited library of gifs available on Facebook's gif widget, for example.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I know you can copy/paste any gif you want. But then you have to leave the post to go find it :)  

I'm using the giphy API, so anything you can find on https://giphy.com/ you'll be able to find with my script.

giphy.gif

I mainly use desktop browsers, so opening another tab isn't much of a hassle for me. I can see how this would be beneficial to mobile users. I recommend the same kind of email you wrote with the emoji update.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Here's my favorite gif as of lately!

sharkweek: “TGIF - last weekend of Shark Week! ”

• Like 1

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann