• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarky Enjoys December

When the people you want to help try to drag you down....

I'm finally recovering from Thanksgiving and the Worst Relative.  Who is NOT staying with us for Christmas, so the holidays got a lot brighter :D 

This challenge is going to be pretty simple:

Exercise: I really like Fit Boxing on the switch and that's my exercise of choice right now. PUNCH EVERYTHING. KICK IT IN THE HEAD

Food: Don't eat or drink when upset. 

Life: Track sleeping and address what's keeping me awake.  

RELAX: One hour a day to do something relaxing, restorative, productive JUST FOR ME. :) Some things that come to mind are: listening to Spanish tapes, practicing the ukulele and piano, drawing, crafts, cooking, playing video games, oooh READING. :) 

reading_905.jpg

Illustration by Ella Bailey https://www.ellabailey.co.uk/Reading

• Like 5

On 12/6/2019 at 11:49 AM, Aquarii said:

Snarky!! HI 😁I am so glad to see you back for another challenge. I have missed you.

I wish you the best on your goals!!

Thanks Aquarii! It's nice to see you too. The break was really great. I just couldn't keep all those plates spinning, y'know? How are you?

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Always lovely to have you here. 

• Like 1

Yesterday: 

Exercise:  I went for a walk in the bitter cold for ten minutes. And then swore a lot. My heart rate definitely goes up when I swear. LOL

Food:  I drank a glass of wine when I was upset and shoveled in a muffin. 

Sleep:  I was awake for 1.5 hours convinced we have squirrels in the walls. We don't have squirrels in the walls. There are no signs or sounds indicating squirrels. But the evil yellow hooked-nailed witch that lives in the attic and feeds on souls keeps squirrels. 3 am brain is a jerk sometimes. 

Relax: I played a video game for two hours. Which was really relaxing. Link's Awakening is a lot of fun. Even though the guy at gamestop spoiled the entire game for me by revealing the end, because he thought I would be confused and I really want to punch him in the face. Like "I'm not a ficking idiot, bro. I have a ficking master's degree. Fick off.."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Yesterday: 

Exercise:  I went for a walk in the bitter cold for ten minutes. And then swore a lot. My heart rate definitely goes up when I swear. LOL

Food:  I drank a glass of wine when I was upset and shoveled in a muffin. 

Sleep:  I was awake for 1.5 hours convinced we have squirrels in the walls. We don't have squirrels in the walls. There are no signs or sounds indicating squirrels. But the evil yellow hooked-nailed witch that lives in the attic and feeds on souls keeps squirrels. 3 am brain is a jerk sometimes. 

Relax: I played a video game for two hours. Which was really relaxing. Link's Awakening is a lot of fun. Even though the guy at gamestop spoiled the entire game for me by revealing the end, because he thought I would be confused and I really want to punch him in the face. Like "I'm not a ficking idiot, bro. I have a ficking master's degree. Fick off.."

All the walls are made of witches and squirrels sometimes. Good luck.

I immediately imagined you buying your game from this guy:

3cbd8b66f46a97b4aba8b2c68d79459d1ac10ba5

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, Chris Tarly said:

All the walls are made of witches and squirrels sometimes. Good luck.

I immediately imagined you buying your game from this guy:

3cbd8b66f46a97b4aba8b2c68d79459d1ac10ba5

I feel like in this case I am the comic book guy, since I'm totally posting about my displeasure with the guy from the store. HAHAHAHAHAH! gods, I need a drink.

On 12/7/2019 at 12:53 PM, deftona said:

Hi snarky! Here to cheer you on again!

Hi Deffy! It's always nice to see you!

Yesterday:

Exercise:  30 minutes of Fit Boxing on the Switch, which is still THE BEST THING EVER. I love punching. 

Food: I did stress eat at first, but I started taking some deep breaths, and I've also started saying to my folks "This conversation stresses me out, lets discuss it after dinner."

Sleep: According to my tracker I got 1.5 hours of deep sleep the night before. 

Fun: We saw Knives Out, which was a lot of fun, but had a lot of issues as a mystery.  Still, I enjoyed it.

Today!

Exercise: I am actively resting today. I'm working to reach 6000 steps with my pedometer and have reached 4100 at this point of writing. I have some lazy chores that need doing, like cleaning up my messy room, and getting some laundry done. that should do it. 

Food: No stress eating so far today. 

Sleep: I went to bed wearing my fleece robe and I had 2.5 hours of deep sleep according to my tracker. I am tired, but I feel a lot less anxious today. I was going to buy an electric blanket, but they are 80 dollars! I went to Walmart and bought leggings and long sleeved tshirts to wear to bed. 2 sets for 18 dollars, a LOT BETTER. 

Fun: Today Mom and I played Mario Kart and it was a LOT of fun. I also went shopping this morning and found a pot for my little cactus! I have it in cactus soil and it will not die. Half of my plants die. So since I just bought one this time, it has a 50/50 chance. So far, not dead. This is a really good sign.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Fun: We saw Knives Out, which was a lot of fun, but had a lot of issues as a mystery.  Still, I enjoyed it.

I'm glad you had fun! I want to see this, the trailer made it look great. 

• Like 1

Exercise: nope! I was really dizzy today, so I took a nap.

Food: no stress eating. Actuallly, not a lot of eating anyway. 
sleep: i didnt sleep well, because my tracker lights up when I move sometimes, and it shone right next to my eyes and woke me. I got mad at it, and its stuffed in my underwear drawer, aka “Realm of Lost Things”

Fun: my brother came over after work and had dinner with us. We watched youtube videos and listened to music, after he went home, we watched an episode of Making It starring Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman. I love how the great british bake off has inspired a run of creative challenges that arent forcing drama,  but just letting people make something they love within a crazy time constraint. :) 

Mom was really dizzy earlier this week, and she thought itnhad something to do with her blood pressure medication, but it turns out, it was a bug, because I have the exact same symptoms she had!dizziness, nausea, phantom smells... Which makes both of us feel better because I’m not ready to have a stroke. Nor is she lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Mom was really dizzy earlier this week, and she thought itnhad something to do with her blood pressure medication, but it turns out, it was a bug, because I have the exact same symptoms she had!dizziness, nausea, phantom smells... Which makes both of us feel better because I’m not ready to have a stroke. Nor is she lol

Me, TH and my sister have all been feeling like this for the past few weeks. One of TH's colleagues finally bothered going to the doctor and apparently it's a virus which is nice to know we're not all dying! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deftona said:

Me, TH and my sister have all been feeling like this for the past few weeks. One of TH's colleagues finally bothered going to the doctor and apparently it's a virus which is nice to know we're not all dying! 

Not dying is definitely a bonus

• Like 1

Marie Kondo is selling housewares.

*internal screaming*

I'm taking a mental health day and just plan on cleaning, puttering, goofing off. I'll exercise, but I'm not counting it. BAHAHAHAHAHA.

Have an excellent day!

• Like 2

On 12/10/2019 at 9:56 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Marie Kondo is selling housewares.

*internal screaming*

Haha, this was my reaction, too. Gotta love someone who builds a brand based off of getting rid of stuff, and then turns around and tries to sell you stuff. Smh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I exercised today and avoided stress eating. I slept terribly the night before but I feel good anyway. 
I had a lot of fun playing video games today! It was nice to slow down. I wanna play the uke tonight too.

mom and I had a long talk today where I barely held onto my temper and said “it’s either death or breakfast, I am sick of talking about the same damn things!”

we’re going to sit down and find what our priorities are, what we can do together and what we can do apart so we’re not waiting or wondering about the other person.  It’ll be good. *pours wine*

yup. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 3:02 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Exercise: I really like Fit Boxing on the switch and that's my exercise of choice right now. PUNCH EVERYTHING. KICK IT IN THE HEAD

Is that Ring Fit? I do my exercises using Wii Fit U. I've heard about Ring Fit and I'm curious to know how it compares.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Hero of Time said:

Is that Ring Fit? I do my exercises using Wii Fit U. I've heard about Ring Fit and I'm curious to know how it compares.

Nope! Ring Fit is TOTALLY on my wish list for Christmas. I didn't even bother hinting, I just said to my family "This game is expensive, but I'm really excited about it, and would love it for Christmas"

Fit Boxing uses the Switch controls, and while it's not perfect (sometimes the punches don't register), It's a great stress reliever, and I find myself waking up excited to practice different punching combinations. I unlocked dodging maneuvers yesterday, so there's more weaving and squatting. I love that I can do it at home, and I can choose the duration and type of workout, so if I have five minutes or an hour, there's a workout for me. 

I never got a Wii U! how do you like Wii Fit U?  I really loved Wii Fit, but when the balance board died, I was so bummed. I still have my Wii though because it's the only system I can play Princess Tomato and the Salad Kingdom. We all have our childhood favorites.... judge if you must LOL :D 

• Like 1

Exercise: 30 minutes of Fit Boxing. The workouts are getting more intense, and I am very sweaty. I love it. I have trouble keeping up, but then once it clicks, I feel really proud of myself. 

Stress Eating?  I'm getting better at this, but even today I just find that I'm always stressed. I think all the eating I do right now is stress eating. 

Sleep: I slept really well last night. I added another blanket to my bed, and I wore my hair in a loose French braid. So I didn't get hair in my face, but it didn't pull either. YAY!

Relax: I wrote in my journal and made a playlist of folksy songs that just put me at ease. 

Tonight I'm cooking a new recipe, and I'm really nervous about it. We may order pizza :D 

• Like 1