• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mel The Hangry

Mel The Hangry is getting back to basics

Hi All, I'm back for the 2019 Holiday Challenge and I'm wanting to go back to the basics: walking, snacking, sugar & cleaning.

Nutrition Quests

• Limit the amount of sugary products per day – I will get the hang of this sugar beast at some point…
    • Baked goods (biscuits & cakes) = No more than the size of my palm or
    • Loose goods (chocolates & lollies) = No more than half the size of my palm or
    • Packaged goods (ice cream & chocolate bars) = No more than one package size

• Slow down after work snacking – I have a morning and afternoon snack at work but also find myself hungry or fake hungry out of habit when I get home but I usually end up eating something way too big to be classed as a snack and this would definitely be helping me not lose weight and actually gain it.
    • Don’t eat anything that doesn’t fit into one of my Tupperware snack cups or
    • Don’t eat anything that doesn’t fit onto a single rice cake

Fitness Quests

• Walking – I was walking in the mornings but it’s now too warm and it was only a short walk, but I used to do some real walking daily back in my early 20’s and miss the amount I used to walk.
    • Walk to the dog park after work while my dogs get taken their by car, I’m not sure but the walk may take 20 minutes max or less
    • I want to work up to walking 5 days a week there and back but start with 3 days a week one way

Level Up Your Life Quests

• Daily Cleaning – I have really let go here and when you have two dogs one of which malts it’s required, I also don’t want to waste my weekends cleaning either so I think if I do a little every day than that will work.
    • 10 minutes per day minimum
    • Check my (Habitica) app for my list of daily to do’s
    • Check (Flylady) website’s Flight Plan and Daily Focus for more daily to do’s
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mel The Hangry said:

Hi All, I'm back for the 2019 Holiday Challenge and I'm wanting to go back to the basics: walking, snacking, sugar & cleaning.

Hi! Looks like good goals you've got there. Good luck!

• Like 1

Sounds like a great time to get back into a walking goal. Figure out how to make it as enjoyable and comfortable as possible, and that should help you stick to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

Hi! Looks like good goals you've got there. Good luck!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Sounds like a great time to get back into a walking goal. Figure out how to make it as enjoyable and comfortable as possible, and that should help you stick to it.

I've got plenty of podcast to help keep me going 😁

• Like 1

Week 1 Monday

I had 1 ice cream today but didn't overdo the sugar.

After work snack was 6 nuts, 1 seaweed strip & 1 rice cake + 1 tomato + little grated cheese + herbs.

I didn't walk to the dog park on the first day 😓 the excuses to myself where my leg was aching & I'm tired but after a while on the couch and thinking about it, I thought screw it and did a 14.41 mins 1.02 km walk around the block instead, so I still count this as a win. 

I did some cleaning around the house. 

No meditation done today. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mel The Hangry said:

I didn't walk to the dog park on the first day 😓 the excuses to myself where my leg was aching & I'm tired but after a while on the couch and thinking about it, I thought screw it and did a 14.41 mins 1.02 km walk around the block instead, so I still count this as a win. 

That is most definitely a win :D

• Thanks 1

Week 1 Wednesday 

I over did the chocolate today 😓

After work snack today was half of a Vanilla bean Chia pod and 1 serve of chocolate coted chickpeas. 

Short walk today because I had to catch a train home instead of getting picked up: 5.04 minutes 0.37 km.

No cleaning done today reason was I'm lazy. 

I've decided to change my cleaning challenge from 10 minutes per day to cleaning something per day because yesterday I didn't do anything because 10 minute sounded soo long.

I'm know I'm lazy but I hope it's not just me and when my low cortisol and other low vitamins eventually get to normal levels hopefully my energy will come back to but I'm not sure, I've been like this for so many years now.

• Like 1

Week 1 Thursday 

I was on my feet all day at work today of my 8 hours at work I would have been standing for 7 hours which I'm not used to and by the time I got home and the last hour at work I felt like I was just done. 

Sugar: 1 serve of chocolate coted chickpeas.

After work snacks: I had some chips, but a lot less that I would usually eat, but still more than I wanted to eat...

Walking: Because I was catching the train home again I decided to be dropped off earlier so I could do a short walk in the morning and to catch the train home - 9.39 minutes 0.53 km + 5.04 minutes 0.37 km.

Cleaning: Done 👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mel The Hangry said:

I've decided to change my cleaning challenge from 10 minutes per day to cleaning something per day because yesterday I didn't do anything because 10 minute sounded soo long.

I'm know I'm lazy but I hope it's not just me and when my low cortisol and other low vitamins eventually get to normal levels hopefully my energy will come back to but I'm not sure, I've been like this for so many years now.

Calling yourself lazy seems a little harsh, especially since you've mentioned things that impact your energy levels. Plus if you get frequent days at work where you're on your feet for longer than you're used to then that'll make a difference too. And even the smallest thing will seem a monumental effort with all of that going on. Regardless, you're doing something about it. You're rebuilding habits and recognising when something won't work, then replacing it with something better suited for your current situation. And that's not lazy :) 

• Thanks 1

Week 1 Friday  

Sugar: 1 serve of chocolate coted chickpeas.

After work snacks: None today as we went out straight away to see a comedian. 

Walking: Only a short 5 minute walk from the train to work this morning. 

Cleaning: Not done because when I got home I needed sleep. 

• Like 1

Week 1 Saturday 

I didn't move around much during the day because my legs ache from standing so much at work. 

But I went out dancing with some friends Saturday night, I didn't get home till 4.30am so I definitely got my exercise in 💃 😁 

Sugar: No sugar today 😊

After work snacks: N/A

Walking: Only a short 5 minute walk from the train to work this morning. 

• Like 1

Week 2 Monday 

Not including today I've got 3 more days left at work helping out the culture department aka standing on my feet all day which my legs aren't handling well and my chronic leg pain is flaring up something crazy. 

Sugar: No sugar today 😁

After work snacks: One rice cake with tomato and avocado.

Walking: No walk today but I was on my feet at work for almost 7 hours walking back and forwards between files which I will be counting as a walk. 

• Like 1

Week 2 Tuesday  

Sugar: No sugar today 😁

After work snacks: None

Walking: No walk again today but I did do another 7ish hours on my feet at work walking back and forwards between files which also counts. 

I did some Meditation this morning 😌

• Like 1

Week 2 Wednesday

I felt a migraine coming on in the afternoon but stopped it thanks to my home plug in massager, here's hoping it won't try coming back again since they put me out for a week. 

Sugar: One serve of chocolate coated chickpeas. 

After work snacks: I ate too much as I was queasy and in the past eating usually either stops or helps my queasy-ness.

Walking: No walk again today but I did do another 7ish hours on my feet at work walking back and forwards between files which also counts. 

Cleaning: Not done, felt crappy.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 12:27 PM, Mel The Hangry said:

That for sure counts, especially if it's not the sort of thing you're used to.

44 minutes ago, Mel The Hangry said:

I felt a migraine coming on in the afternoon but stopped it thanks to my home plug in massager, here's hoping it won't try coming back again since they put me out for a week. 

I really hope it doesn't come back. From the sounds of it, we get similar kinds of migraines. The last time I had one I was unable to leave my bed for days. Hope you feel better soon :)

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 11:10 PM, iatetheyeti said:

That for sure counts, especially if it's not the sort of thing you're used to.

I also get chronic pain in my legs and I think doing this especially without gradually working up to 7 hours a day, has exacerbate them and keep hurting and feel swollen all the time at the moment. 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:10 PM, iatetheyeti said:

I really hope it doesn't come back. From the sounds of it, we get similar kinds of migraines. The last time I had one I was unable to leave my bed for days. Hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks, meds plus massage plus dark room and quite helped and I was able to stop it from happening.

It's actually the first time ever I was able to stop one happening. 

Week 2 Thursday 

I feel asleep on the couch 1 & 1/2 hours earlier than usual. 

Sugar: I ate more than I should have... I had an ice cream and 3 starburst candy. 

After work snacks: I ate too much but not crazy too much so that's a plus. 

Walking: No walk again today just another 7ish hours on my feet at work walking back and forwards between files which counts. 

Cleaning: Not done.

Week 2 Friday 

I'm officially on holiday 😁 but I don't think I can relax until after Christmas. This year I'm really in a I hate Christmas mood this year.

Sugar: I ate more than I should have again... I had an ice cream and chocolate covered chickpeas. 

Afternoon snacks: I ate more than I wanted to this afternoon but I felt like I couldn't help it 😶 I might need to make sure I'm eating the right types of foods during my meals to make sure my body is getting what it needs. 

Walking: No walk today plus I think it might take a couple of days for my legs to return to normal. 

Cleaning: Not done.