The Jedi Chronicles Ep. 1: Reboot

TheGreyJedi-Ranger

So.... 2019 has been a strange mixture of absolutely amazing and a complete, total, utter DUMPSTER FIRE. 

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

- Charles Dickens

This is my 2019.

I almost lost everything that means anything to me. I'm still dealing with some of the aftereffects of some REALLY unfair crap that isn't directly on me but still affects me. I'm on meds I don't want to be on. My husband and I were screwed over by several different people that we trusted. I've gained a TON of weight and lost some healthiness. I spent some time in my own personal rock bottom.

HOWEVER.

My marriage is better than it's ever been. I have my OWN HOUSE and an office. My blog has grown. My boss absolutely loves me and has essentially promoted me. I've made some absolutely amazing, soul-deep friendships for the first time in a long time. I'm a better person mentally and emotionally. I've grown and matured and learned.

As much pain and suffering and hurt as I faced this past year, I wouldn't change it for the world. If that's what it took/takes to get this beautiful life I live, I wouldn't trade it. I'm still processing some of these lessons and changes in myself and my family. 

So my 2020? 

That's gonna be freakin' EPIC.

Here are some overall goals for 2020:

Daily Bible Reading

I've gotten sooooo bad at reading my Bible regularly, but life is so much better when I do. So I'm going to start doing my bible reading at night before bed. I'm also reading a book called "Embracing Obscurity" that's been pretty good so far. I want to grow spiritually, but I can't do that if I'm not reading my Bible x_x

So my goal for this first January challenge is pretty simple - read my bible every day. That's an easy one!

Drink More Water
My trash-panda self hasn't been drinking enough water the past few months. So I'm going to start tracking my water consumed with a goal to have my water consumption up to par by around March or April. I know I feel better when I drink water. Yet I haven't been. And I even have nice, delicious well water. No more nasty city water from the faucet!

This first challenge is just to get myself in the habit of tracking my water daily. Even if I don't drink enough to meet my goal. I usually start drinking more water just from tracking, so that'll be a useful one. 

Get Healthier Overall

Well this one is super vague, so I'll clarify a bit. I want to lose weight, yeah. But I want to do it as a byproduct of actions that I take to improve my overall health such as drinking water, moving more, and eating healthier/more natural foods. I was gifted with a 6 month subscription to WW, and it was NOT insulting as it was offered to me and I was able to take it at any time. 

But we have stairs and hills and now that there's a house, I'd like to think about what having a small child would look like. And I'd rather be a bit healthier before I do anything like that. This one is also tied into the next goal with financial responsibility because I'll be eating out less. 

Initially, I'm going to start simple. I'd like to get back in the habit of cooking regularly. My other health related goal right now is to track EVERYTHING in WW. Even if I don't want to. Even if I go REALLY far over. Just to get an idea of what/how much I'm eating. From there, I'll add in regular hike/walks on my land and on the nearby Blue Ridge Parkway as well as the nearby park to get exercise and also go on adventures. And swimming in our pool in warm weather. I want an overall healthier lifestyle, and I now have the space to support that.

Decrease Debt/Stop Abusing Credit Cards

Okay, abusing is a strong word. I don't abuse them, but I do sometimes forget to pay things back when I really do need to. Starting in January, my husband and I are going to be steamrolling our debt. Basically, we're dumping about $100 into 2 of the CCs each month. Once one is paid off, we move those funds to another one. We'll also be saving a good chunk of change every month since we don't have health insurance and we also own a home now and there's always SOMETHING to repair. Since we've been living here the past month we've already needed two fancy lightbulbs and a water heater. We replaced the water heater, we're still waiting on the fancy lightbulbs. 

Plus, we want to start going on vacation and such.

Read 40 New Books in 2020

I swear I try this every year. I'm going to try it again, and gosh darnit it's going to work this time. I got to 30 this year, even with all of the drama causing me to reread old books a lot. There's not really a 'goal' per se for this, but I do need to just do it. 

TLDR:

Goals for January

- Read Bible Daily

- Track Water Daily

- Track all Food

- Cook 2-3 times a week

Thanks all for staying on this roller coaster of my life with me, for putting up with all of my whiplash moods, and for always being here for me to come back to.

• Like 7

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge - To Be A Hero Vol 0.5: Jedi Endures

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51

HI FRIEND. :) That sounds like an insane year, I'm really glad to hear that things are better now! Having your own house must be awesome.

Do you have a specific daily-Bible-reading plan in mind? For a while, I was reading a psalm every day and writing down all the bits that stuck out to me. I kinda lost momentum though cos school got insane (when doesn't it?).

You're doing so well.  So. Well.  I'm so PROUD of you ok??? <3333

Thank YOU for always coming back to us~ 

JHaYmx9.gif

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

success-is-falling-down-7-times-but-getting-up-8-quote-1.jpg

Rock 2020!!!

• Like 3

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

19 hours ago, Shadri said:

HI FRIEND. :) That sounds like an insane year, I'm really glad to hear that things are better now! Having your own house must be awesome.

Do you have a specific daily-Bible-reading plan in mind? For a while, I was reading a psalm every day and writing down all the bits that stuck out to me. I kinda lost momentum though cos school got insane (when doesn't it?).

It really was. Ready for 2020 to be less of a dumpster fire haha. Having my own house is amazing except for the fact that we still don't have internet. The internet company was all like "You'll have internet no earlier than the 26th" and it's definitely the 30th and we still don't have internet soo.... and I get an hour's notice to pack up my stuff from the 30 minutes away coffee shop to get home and supervise the placing of a tree receiver(???)

I'm not sure yet. Right now, I'm using YouVersion to do daily devotionals. I really like those because they can be short and help me feel like I've got my life together when I finish one haha

17 hours ago, loire said:

You're doing so well.  So. Well.  I'm so PROUD of you ok??? <3333

Thank YOU for always coming back to us~ 

JHaYmx9.gif

THank you sooooo much!!! I always appreciate that. I'm proud of myself as well. 

And you guys are some of my bestest and favoritest friends, I'll always come back ❤️

That kitteh is freakin precious and reminds me of mine

16 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

success-is-falling-down-7-times-but-getting-up-8-quote-1.jpg

Rock 2020!!!

Yes!! 

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along!

Welcome in ^_^

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51

20 hours ago, Swinging_Jarnbjorn said:

I'm here with you, friend.

Welcome!!

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hey all! Today has been an awesome, restful day so far. I woke up late(because I stayed up late) and got some good progress in on my goals. I'm on my third glass of water, have tracked everything so far today, and went on a short adventure in my backyard woods! I hiked down to the creek, wandered around there, and just enjoyed being outside for the first time in a looooooong time. What a fun mini-adventure!

Presently I'm just enjoying some relaxing quiet time to write a couple of blog posts and prep for the new year with meal planning and calendar stuff. And did I mention resting??

Starting to get hungry so I think I'm going to get a quick snack before I write my next blog post. Once all that's done, the hope is to cuddle up on my couch and enjoy a cup of tea and my book until later this evening. 

• Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

On 12/29/2019 at 5:01 PM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Daily Bible Reading

I've gotten sooooo bad at reading my Bible regularly, but life is so much better when I do. So I'm going to start doing my bible reading at night before bed.

Oooo I'm doing this too! Except in the mornings, hopefully.  Let us know what plan you decide on. 

• Like 1

Train so your heroes become your peers.

1 hour ago, Kat on the Run said:

Oooo I'm doing this too! Except in the mornings, hopefully.  Let us know what plan you decide on. 

Will do! I'm in the middle of finishing one from last month called "Grace for your Waist" about body image and taking care of yourself. Not sure I agree with all of it but still a solid one.

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Ugh today is a smidge of a wash. Forgot my bloody lunch so I have to purchase food all day. Of course this happened the one day this week I'm going to be out for literally 12 hours x_x 

But that's okay. Just making do where I can and chilling in the Panera Bread getting some work done until I have to leave for church band practice.

Is it January 13th yet? Because I could REALLY use some high speed internet x_x

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

23 hours ago, Shadri said:

Like a true ranger, making do with what is available! :) hope you have a good day despite the initial frustrations!! 

It was definitely a good day :) I did what I could with what I had, and didn't let it derail today ^_^

~~~~

Decided to rest on this rainy Friday. I've got my mobile hotspot running on my phone and getting some work done today. Just chilling in PJs while I work. Might even move out to the living room for a bit later on. 

All I'm really working on today is work related stuff and a blog post. Just a generally relaxing and lazy rainy day. If I'm feeling really adventurous I might empty the dishwasher but that's it.

• Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Ugh. Was trying to do better today food wise since yesterday was a bit of a wash. Unfortunately, I'm doing a dumb and reading a book that I used to do the read+eat thing I'm infamous for with. I had an utter failure with a snack (and tracked it) and then had another moderate failure with a couple of cookies that I didn't track. Right now I'm trying not to use this as an excuse to eat like an idiot. I'm craving something sweet and warm - hot cocoa or a cup of tea with a ton of honey or something.

I think it's partially because I ate a TON of salt earlier and I really need to balance it out. I've consumed a lot of water today anyway, but the SALT. Perhaps I'll go happy medium and make myself a cup of peppermint tea with a LITTLE bit of honey.  Or a chai of some sort. I need to get some un-caffeinated Jasmine and/or oolong because those are delicious and good for nighttime teas.

However, I've been doing something a lot here in this new house that I haven't done in ages.... I'm reading withOUT food too. It used to be that reading made me crave food. I'm starting to lose that feeling, but I still have a tendency to overdo it if I have a book in my hand. However, the time and inclination to read without a book in my hand makes things a lot better for me. I don't feel like mealtime is the only opportunity to do something that brings me such joy. Especially when I only just recently realized how apathetic about life I was - how depressed I must have been to not want to read. 

But no longer :) Life isn't perfect, but I'm happy again and as long as I have joy I can conquer anything. 

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

12 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Ugh. Was trying to do better today food wise since yesterday was a bit of a wash. Unfortunately, I'm doing a dumb and reading a book that I used to do the read+eat thing I'm infamous for with. I had an utter failure with a snack (and tracked it) and then had another moderate failure with a couple of cookies that I didn't track. Right now I'm trying not to use this as an excuse to eat like an idiot. I'm craving something sweet and warm - hot cocoa or a cup of tea with a ton of honey or something.

I think it's partially because I ate a TON of salt earlier and I really need to balance it out. I've consumed a lot of water today anyway, but the SALT. Perhaps I'll go happy medium and make myself a cup of peppermint tea with a LITTLE bit of honey.  Or a chai of some sort. I need to get some un-caffeinated Jasmine and/or oolong because those are delicious and good for nighttime teas.

However, I've been doing something a lot here in this new house that I haven't done in ages.... I'm reading withOUT food too. It used to be that reading made me crave food. I'm starting to lose that feeling, but I still have a tendency to overdo it if I have a book in my hand. However, the time and inclination to read without a book in my hand makes things a lot better for me. I don't feel like mealtime is the only opportunity to do something that brings me such joy. Especially when I only just recently realized how apathetic about life I was - how depressed I must have been to not want to read. 

But no longer :) Life isn't perfect, but I'm happy again and as long as I have joy I can conquer anything. 

I've probably suggested it before and apologies if I had, but what about chewing some gum while reading? It would keep your mouth moving and give you some flavor.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've probably suggested it before and apologies if I had, but what about chewing some gum while reading? It would keep your mouth moving and give you some flavor.

I've done that some, but it doesn't do what I'd like it to. Tea or coffee tends to work best because it's cozy! And, if done properly, neither are super terrible for me. I just need some decaf of both so I can have it after like.. 4pm

Once I start feeling better about reading randomly, I'll work on stopping reading while I eat slowly. It's more important than I thought it was (and I thought it was super important)

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

17 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Life isn't perfect, but I'm happy again and as long as I have joy I can conquer anything. 

I AM SO HAPPY

TO READ YOU

WRITING THIS

❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

:happydance_emoji: :DDDDD

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

1 minute ago, loire said:

I AM SO HAPPY

TO READ YOU

WRITING THIS

❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

:happydance_emoji: :DDDDD

ME TOOOOOOOO :D

It's so nice to be HAPPY again ^_^

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Happy Monday everyone!

Went back to my WW workshop today. I did gain a little in the month or so since I'd been there, but I'm still under my initial starting weight so that's pretty solid. It was nice to be back. While I'm definitely the youngest person there by at least 20 years, it's kinda refreshing. And a good boost. 

I've tracked everything so far. My hope is to not be out super late with work and stuff so I can get a timely dinner. I have some leftover Foil Fajita packets that I can heat up with some cheese and even a couple tortillas. 

Gotta grab some pico style salsa on the way home, I'm going to make mini quiches for Mr. Right and myself for breakfast. His will be ham and swiss, mine will be mexican style with cheese and pico. I may also just use standard salsa for now until my paycheck comes through. (hopefully soon... gotta pay the bills...)

Been pretty mobile today. As much of a pain as it is to work outside of my house it's really nice to get so much movement in. Chose tea instead of a Butterbeer latte when I wandered down to the coffee shop for more caffeine. Only a week left until we get internet!

• Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Oh hi.

It snowed today :) Boss man told me not to go anywhere so I get a MOSTLY free day. Got some chores to do, and I want to do a thing or two for work just to keep up. Then I'll go sit and fold laundry forever whilst watching youtube. 

Yesterday I tracked EVERYTHING. I ate a bit like an idiot, but I did track it all. I think I need to be eating more. That's my biggest issue with any diet - I don't ever eat enough and then I binge. No bueno. So I'm going to watch myself closely this next couple weeks as I track ALL the things. See where I can make changes. 

After I finish my chores I'll probably give myself another tattoo and then paint my nails ^_^

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

I have that problem too, of not eating enough, and then eating way too much later to compensate. Best of luck to you in tracking that and hopefully finding a solution!

Also... giving yourself a tattoo??
I'm hoping that knowing it will help. I probably need more fats or carbs.

Stick and poke tattoos :) I taught myself this year and they're so fun! I use india ink and a needle. c8181a03afb476b07b8a0c9ba1e5101d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

12 hours ago, Shadri said:

Yeah. I think for me, I need more veggies... bulk up my meals more. And more protein.

Oooh neat!! Doesn't it hurt though, pricking yourself over and over? Like, I've got a tattoo from a shop so I know it's not painless, but I can't imagine doing it to myself 😆 I'd flinch so much!

I think I actually need more carbs. WW tends towards lower fat (or lower saturated fat I guess) and moderate carbs vs the other way around. That's how I tend to eat anyway so it's not too tricky except for my excessive attachment to the high carb high fat sorts of things.

Um.. kinda? I actually found it less painful than a tattoo from a shop. I also stop and take a break when my skin gets super red or I start struggling. It takes AGES but it's not directly painful really :)

~~

Happy Wednesday!

Still working on finding good snacks and have still been tracking all the things. 

Added some pinto beans to my salad today to bulk it up and had a cheese stick with lunch. We'll see how that helps!

One way or another I'm getting paid today, so that'll make life easier. I'm in dire need of a paycheck, I have been avoiding the sight of my bank account and everything that goes with it because I've got quite a few late payments that I don't want to think about x_x

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log