WhiteGhost is on Ninjary Reserve

WhiteGhost

Image result for loading gif

New Year, New Me

Time for some new years resolutions and all that, right

Image result for Yeah I don't think so gif

Image result for Yeah I don't think so gif

After a few years on NF, I have gotten to a place where I am not only comfortable with my body, I actually like it, imperfections, flaws and all.  This is not because I am necessarily in better shape than I was, just that I have become more accepting of my body.  While everyone here has been great for helping me along this journey, I want to give a special shout out to @deftona and @Mad Hatter because their positive body image talk has been the most impactful for me

Thanks guys!

Image result for Thank you gif

So if I am not tearing down the house and rebuilding, what am I doing this year?  I am going to continue leveling up my inner Ninja :)  To this end, I am continuing with my Ninjary series to keep leveling up my stats.   These are following the old AD&D format which is where I got my D&D start

Strength - I am modifying this one to be more than just Leg Day.  For this challenge, I can level up strength by doing any workouts that have a strength component, which includes a lot of the skill work I do.  Muscleups, human flags, front & back levers, etc. all require an aspect of strength so I will be splitting these activities between these two attributes.  Leg day will get double credit applied fully to strength, but things that are primarily endurance/skill related (e.g. trampoline sessions) will not get any strength credit.  (.04/workout)

Intelligence - I have been slacking in learning my Chinese Proverbs, but I intend to get back into that this year and so I will be getting Intelligence credit for any new proverb learned.  I will continue to share them here, mostly because it is a good motivator for me.  (.03/proverb)

Wisdom - This one is going to be similar to last time, but without the MyFlex (which is moved to Dexterity).  I will give myself point for any non-scheduled, one off adulting activity.  I don't know what these will be, but they always come up so I may as well give myself credit for them.  Double credit if it is something that is not urgent but I do it anyway as a possible motivator get things done earlier rather than waiting until the last possible second, like I usually do.

Dexterity - Credit in this is going to be given for skill workouts as well as flexibility/mobility sessions.  (.05/workout)

Constitution - A few challenges back, I did a 5x5 food challenge that I really enjoyed, so I am going to do something similar for this challenge.  This one is going to interactive, though.  I am going to call it

Food Bingo!

I am going to put up a list of all the foods I plan to make this challenge, and anyone who wants to participate can post a 5x5 grid (like a Bingo card) of the foods that you think are going to get made, and then as I make them, you can cross that food off.  First person to get Bingo wins!  (the prize is bragging rights 😜 ) (.05/meal)

Charisma - I have done pretty well in leveling up my uke skills over the past few months and I want to continue working on that.  On the flip side, I have not done any sketching for months.  I want to get that back up so I will give myself double credit for any drawing related activities as some extra motivation.  I guess we shall see if this is a big enough motivator to get me to actually do it :D (.05/activity)

Other than these, I will continue to play loads of Skyrim, just because I really, really enjoy it, but I am not going to be getting any kind of credit for it.  It is reward enough in itself :) 

• Like 14
  • That's Metal 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Anyone interested in participating in Food Bingo, Here is the list of foods to choose from.  You can organize your selections any way you want, but each food can be included only once

Chinese Food:

Chicken & Green Peppers (青椒鸡丁)

Shrimp & Eggs (滑蛋虾仁)

Fried Potato Strips with Meat (炒肉土豆丝)

Beef & Celery (牛肉芹菜)

Pork & Cabbage Stir Fry (猪肉白菜)

Kung Pao Chicken (宫保鸡丁)

Braised Ribs (红烧排骨)

Pineapple Sweet & Sour Pork (菠萝古老肉)

Fried Rice (炒饭)

Fried Chinese Flatbread with Meat (肉丝炒饼)

Spicy Kebabs (麻辣烫)

Italian:

Spaghetti & Meatballs

Fettuccine Alfredo

Creamy Salmon Fettuccine

Beef Stroganoff

Sausage Penne

Pasta Salad

Mexican:

Meat Tacos

Fish Tacos

Burritos

Enchiladas

Carnitas

Fajitas

Mexican Beef

Other Asian:

Yakiniku

Yakisoba

Takoyaki

Pineapple Fried Rice

Teriyaki Chicken

Satay Beef

Beef Curry Rice

Pork Cutlet Curry Rice

Other Foods:

Pork Cutlets

Silpancho

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Meatloaf

Salmon Steak

Beef Steak

Pork Medallions

Cajun Baked Fish

Hamburgers

Spanish Seafood Fried Rice

Orange Goose Breast

* Any Bingo grids I get will not get credit for foods that I announced before the grid was submitted, unless I make that food again during the challenge :) 

• Like 6

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Following along as well!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Seriously; I can only dream of being as adept as a ninja as YOU someday!!

( also i'm hella interested in bingoooooo BRING IT )

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

7 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Here for the feats of strength; your videos always amaze me.

Thanks! I will try to keep the videos coming

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along as well!

Welcome!

5 hours ago, loire said:

Seriously; I can only dream of being as adept as a ninja as YOU someday!!

( also i'm hella interested in bingoooooo BRING IT )

You can do it!  It just takes a lot of level grinding ;) 

(Food list is UP!  Now accepting food grid submissions :) )

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

Following along! And I am very glad to hear my shoutings into the internet have had a positive impact on somebody :) But where on earth is the English food on that bingo board. No faggots and chips!? Denied!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Food bingo! Brilliant.

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

After a few years on NF, I have gotten to a place where I am not only comfortable with my body, I actually like it, imperfections, flaws and all.  This is not because I am necessarily in better shape than I was, just that I have become more accepting of my body. 

This makes me so happy. 🤗

• Like 1

Following!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

(Food list is UP!  Now accepting food grid submissions :) )

YESSSSSS!!!!!!! I'm gonna draw mine up all pretty and shit and scan it for the B B BINGO

I HOPE I WIN

(What do we win? A feeling of food superiority??)

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

Ok hi I'm back, I had fun with this.  Also if you consider the middle square an actual play square as opposed to FREE FOOD SQUARE let me know and I'll do a fix.....

loirelist.thumb.png.7573408881d9c7b543e21baee7b1a587.png

• Like 6

»  kom starkru

15 hours ago, deftona said:

Following along! And I am very glad to hear my shoutings into the internet have had a positive impact on somebody :) But where on earth is the English food on that bingo board. No faggots and chips!? Denied!! 

You are welcome to put faggot & chips or mincemeat pies or haggis or whatever you want on your submission, but since I dont know how to make any of those, your likelihood of winning will be somewhat hampered.

On the other hand, if you give me recipes, I may be willing to give them a try ;) 

14 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Food bingo! Brilliant.

This makes me so happy. 🤗

I hope I get some participation for it :) 

10 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Rock on!

Yes Ma'am!

9 hours ago, analoggirl said:

Sounds gooodddd :)

I hope I don't disappoint

5 hours ago, zenLara said:

Following!

Welcome!

5 hours ago, loire said:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!! I'm gonna draw mine up all pretty and shit and scan it for the B B BINGO

I HOPE I WIN

(What do we win? A feeling of food superiority??)

Yes, give me your BINGO card!

The official ruling is that the winner gets bragging rights, but a feeling of food superiority could be thrown in as an extra ;) 

Monday

Recently I have gotten into a bad habit of crawling back into bed after I drop Ghostlet off at school until the sun comes up because I don't want to go to the park when it is cold and dark.  Yesterday I decided I was going to sucker punch Old Man Winter right in the face when he wasn't looking, and put my workout clothes on first and then took Ghostlet to school.  I will tell all you right now, that Old Man Winter fights dirty!  Overnight the temperature had dropped a cool 10 degrees so the temperature was showing -11C when I walked out the door.  If that wasn't enough, there was a stiff 50-60kph wind  blowing down out of Siberia.  I wasn't going to give up without a fight, so I threw on another layer and went to the park anyway.  After about 30 minutes, though, I couldn't get any more pre-workout without breaking the ice that had formed on top, so I tapped out and went home.  I'm going to give mysef some strength credit, but I never got warmed up enough to work on any skill stuff (+.04 STR)

When I got back I plopped myself down in front of the xbox and fired up Skyrim.  I finished off the last of the Companions quests so I decided it was time to begin my new life as a mage.  It isn't working well, though, because all I have are novice level spells but because I am so high level that every dungeon in filled with Draugr Deathlords.

In the afternoon, Ghostess came back early (she was at a conference during the day) so I had to shut the xbox off while she worked from home.  Instead I could have done all kind of productive things, but instead I just wasted time on youtube.   I did do laundry, but that doesn't get me any points.  

In the evening I made dinner (I will disclose what it was later after people who want to submit Bingo cards have the chance to do so) but it didn't work out well.  I was trying to tweak the recipe a bit, but I really should have done it the way I usually do. (+.05 CON)

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

10 minutes ago, loire said:

Ok hi I'm back, I had fun with this.  Also if you consider the middle square an actual play square as opposed to FREE FOOD SQUARE let me know and I'll do a fix.....

loirelist.thumb.png.7573408881d9c7b543e21baee7b1a587.png

I love it!   I wasn't planning to have a free food square, but you can either keep it or write in Chicken & Green Peppers, because it comes out to the same thing (I make that food all the time :) )

As for the specific questions:

• Silpancho is a traditional Bolivian food that my Brother in Law introduced to us.  It is bascially a fried beef cutlet on a bed of rice, potatoes and fried eggs, and covered with a tomato, onion & lime salsa.  SO GOOD!
  • I will definitely give you the recipe for Fried Rice.  It is super easy
  • Fried potato strips are stir fried potato slivers.  Not like french fries at all
  • Mexican beef is this thing I found on Nom Nom Paleo: Recipe

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Level 2 Ninja

I am going to throw in a Bingo card too because I can.  My submissions:

image.png

Level 2 Ninja

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am going to throw in a Bingo card too because I can.  My submissions:

image.png

I detect a conflict of interest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Overnight the temperature had dropped a cool 10 degrees so the temperature was showing -11C when I walked out the door.  If that wasn't enough, there was a stiff 50-60kph wind  blowing down out of Siberia. 

This is so shitty. You deserve all the points, just for trying.

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I detect a conflict of interest. 

You're darn right!  If there is one thing I have learned here, it is how to abuse power :P 

In order to at least appear impartial, however, I declare myself ineligible to win. ;) 

3 hours ago, zenLara said:

This is so shitty. You deserve all the points, just for trying.

It was easily the most miserable workout I wasn't forced to do.

Tuesday

The thermometer read -15 when I stepped out the door with Ghostlet, and it certainly felt like it.  As such, I did not even attempt a trip to the park.  I could have done a workout at home, but Skyrim was calling louder so I did that instead.  Once Ghostlet got back from School, I helped with his homework and then made some dinner.  I will disclose what it was at the end of the week in case anyone else wants to join in, but it turned out less than stellar.  I guess I still need to learn which foods need high heat and which need low...

In the evening, Ghostlet and I read a bunch of Shel Silverstein poems together and then played Uno while we waited for Ghostess to come home.  

And that wraps up the last update of 2019.  From here on out everything is going to be... well, pretty much a lot of the same :) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Ninja

29 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I guess I still need to learn which foods need high heat and which need low..

There is an inverse correlation between heat and time. If something needs high heat don't put it on long.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I think you’re bonkers for even attempting working out in those conditions!

AGREED; I've been trying to get outside more in the wintertime but 25F is kinda my cutoff point right now...............

• Like 1

»  kom starkru

On 12/31/2019 at 10:52 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There is an inverse correlation between heat and time. If something needs high heat don't put it on long.

My bigger issue more about which foods require higher heat/less time and which foods need lower heat/longer time.  Higher heat gives a nice sear/crispy outside but may leave the middle undercooked, which is usually my problem.  Trying to get that nice crispy ecterior while making sure it is cooked all the way through

On 1/1/2020 at 2:20 AM, Mad Hatter said:

I think you’re bonkers for even attempting working out in those conditions!

I am not going to disagree with this one, although it may not be just for that reason :P 

19 hours ago, loire said:

AGREED; I've been trying to get outside more in the wintertime but 25F is kinda my cutoff point right now...............

Yeah, that is about the same for me

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

A++ for effort! geez.. it sounds like crawling back into bed is exactly the right decision x) 

It is by far the more comfortable choice :D 

Wednesday

The first day of the year so nobody had school or work, which meant we could all sleep in.  We ended up crawling out of bed around 10am, and I spent the morning playing xbox.  After lunch, it was time to start getting dinner ready, because it was a pretty involved process. 

Around 3pm or so, Ghostess was putting some cardboard outside onto the storage balcony and the whole window just fell off.  Apparently the hinge had rusted through and it came down hard.  Luckily no one was hurt and the glass didn't break, but it came down hard enough to shear clean through the cord for the Christmas tree lights.  Obviously blocking up the huge hole to keep out the freezing weather was a priority so we put the window back up and held it in place with packing tape.  Ghostess called her chief contractor who sent over some people in the evening to replace the hinges.  That interrupted the dinner making process  so we didn't ed up eating until almost 9pm.  The food was really good, though :) 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Level 2 Ninja

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

My bigger issue more about which foods require higher heat/less time and which foods need lower heat/longer time.  Higher heat gives a nice sear/crispy outside but may leave the middle undercooked, which is usually my problem.  Trying to get that nice crispy ecterior while making sure it is cooked all the way through

There is always the option to sear food at high heat then put it in the oven. This is one of the many reasons cast iron skillets are so amazing. If they're not common in you neck of the woods you may be able to find oven safe skillets of other varieties. 

• Like 3