WhiteGhost is on Ninjary Reserve

WhiteGhost

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Around 3pm or so, Ghostess was putting some cardboard outside onto the storage balcony and the whole window just fell off.  Apparently the hinge had rusted through and it came down hard.  Luckily no one was hurt and the glass didn't break, but it came down hard enough to shear clean through the cord for the Christmas tree lights.  Obviously blocking up the huge whole to keep out the freezing weather was a priority so we put the window back up and held it in place with packing tape.

Woah, it's a good thing nobody got hurt and also that you were in when it happened so you could fix it quickly! 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 1/2/2020 at 11:05 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There is always the option to sear food at high heat then put it in the oven. This is one of the many reasons cast iron skillets are so amazing. If they're not common in you neck of the woods you may be able to find oven safe skillets of other varieties. 

I have a couple of cast iron skillets that I got for my birthday last year, but I had not ever thought of putting them in the oven.  That is definitely something to explore for this year :) 

On 1/2/2020 at 11:05 AM, Chris Tarly said:

image.png.7fa3b7f2a01e72122b5f32d9a81aed46.png

YES!!!  So glad to have another entry for this :)  

On 1/2/2020 at 2:31 PM, deftona said:

Woah, it's a good thing nobody got hurt and also that you were in when it happened so you could fix it quickly! 

Yeah, it was really scary.  It only missed Ghostess by a couple of inches.  Luckily we have somebody we can call for any maintenance issues who can get things fixed up quick.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:14 AM, KB Girl said:

I really am dying with curiosity over which meal took such elaborate prep! 

I will disclose all of my meals this week soon, just want to leave some time just in case anyone else wants to get in on this bingo thing

Yesterday was -15 when took Ghostlet to school so the park was not happening.  I spent the morning playing skyrim, but decided that I still needed to get some exercise in, so after lunch I used my home pullup bar and did some stuff from an old pull workout I used to do.  It was very interesting to see which areas I have improved in (Russian Dips, CTB Pullups, overall explosiveness) and which have declined (grip strength, overall endurance).  

In the evening I made dinner which was good but wasn't anything particularly complicated.

After dinner ghostlet and I played nerf soccer for a bit but were surprised when Ghostess came home early.  We then played a Uno for a bit until Ghostlet had to go to bed, and then I washed the dishes and then did a little more Skyrim before bed.

• Like 7
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I hope you make lots of curry rice, because it's delicious. Following! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On 12/29/2019 at 6:15 PM, WhiteGhost said:

After a few years on NF, I have gotten to a place where I am not only comfortable with my body, I actually like it, imperfections, flaws and all.  This is not because I am necessarily in better shape than I was, just that I have become more accepting of my body.  While everyone here has been great for helping me along this journey, I want to give a special shout out to @deftona and @Mad Hatter because their positive body image talk has been the most impactful for me

AMAZING. 👏 Ahhh.

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 1/3/2020 at 1:12 PM, NeverThatBored said:

I hope you make lots of curry rice, because it's delicious. Following! 

I really should make more curry, I always forget about it

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Here’s my card! 😄

8776A81D-0EFD-41F0-91F9-1E6FE88D0458.jpeg.4edb3245873df6c5491a83575b9baa18.jpeg

Excellent!  I think we have a quorum, but I will still wait until the end of Sunday to disclose this week's food selections just in case anyone else wants to get in on this.

14 hours ago, raptron said:

AMAZING. 👏 Ahhh.

Image result for take a bow gif

Friday

Yesterday started out meeting with a friend and another guy who want me to join with them in starting up an investment fund together.  We spent a bunch of time talking about the issue and hashing out ideas for how to make this forward, as well as discussing all of the risks and challenges we would face.  The decision was to prepare some basic materials and go test the market to see if there is any appetite for our idea.  If we get positive feedback we will move forward, if not we will either quit or go back to the drawing board.  Either way, it seems I now have a job, such as it is.  It won't take much of my time for now, but it has the potential to make me VERY busy in the future if it ends up going anywhere.

I spent the rest of the day playing Skyrim :D   Dinner was pizza so that won't count towards Bingo.  I did manage to get to bed at a reasonable time, but that was mostly because I was tired and frustrated from the dungeon I spent all evening trying to clear (every room had 3-4 Draugr Deathlords that would come out simultaneously.  It was a relief to finally get to the boss so I could finally have an easier fight.  I used up most of my magika potions and soul stones in this one dungeon alone...)

• Like 7

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Saturday

I slept in until after 10 at which point I got up and started getting caught up on everyone's threads here at NF.  After lunch I took Ghostlet to his swimming lessons and I got in a workout myself while he was there.  I have come up with a program for when I am at the pool which consists of 10 minutes of regular swimming (Breaststroke) at a relaxed pace, followed by 10 minutes of legs only breaststroke (frog kicks?) followed by 5 poolups after each length of the pool (25m).  I then take a short break and start over again with 10 minutes breaststoke and then 10 minutes frog kicks and poolups.  Once I finish this, I get out of the pool and do a few sets of pushups alternating with handstands.  At forst I was a little discouraged because my handstand endurance was crap.  I was not having any trouble balancing but I could only stay up ~10 seconds before I ran out of power and had to come back down.  The I though about what I had been doing for the last 45 minutes and it all made sense.  I didn't feel so bad about it after that :) 

When we got back from swimming, Ghostess and I took Wraith to the vet to get her final vaccine booster.  She is such a great cat, she never screams or fusses when she gets jabbed with the needle.  She is a little scaredy cat, though, and will hide in her carry cage from any other animal she sees at the vet.

When we got back from the vet, the 3 of us went out do an interactive drama event which was super fun.  When we get there, everyone is assigned a role and backstory along with secret assignments that we are supposed to do during the event.  It was an audience of about 50 people plus another 15 or so actors.   The scenario was we were part of a crime syndicate with 5 different operations (narcotics, entertainment, fencing, etc.)  The head boss invited us all there to announce his retirement and we were supposed to help him determine who his successor would be among the heads of each operation.  Ghostlet and I were in one organization but Ghostess was assigned to a different one.  Ghostlet's mission turned out to be helping his own boss get nominated, but my mission was to betray my boss and help get a different boss that I was secretly loyal to get nominated.  Unbenownst to us, Ghostesses mission was to betray HER boss and help our boss.  Then we were all sent off to try and negotiate with other members of the different factions to gain allegiances and voted for the respective bosses we were trying to support.  All the while there were other people who's mission was to be moles for the police and collect evidence against the various bosses.  I ended up being a very entertaining evening, with various negotiating sessions interspersed with "cut scenes" that were done by the actors to move the story along.   We will definitely be doing this again :) 

After that finished we all grabbed some ramen from a place that was still open and got home around 1:30am

• Like 9

Level 2 Ninja

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

When we got back from the vet, the 3 of us went out do an interactive drama event which was super fun.  When we get there, everyone is assigned a role and backstory along with secret assignments that we are supposed to do during the event.  It was an audience of about 50 people plus another 15 or so actors.   The scenario was we were part of a crime syndicate with 5 different operations (narcotics, entertainment, fencing, etc.)  The head boss invited us all there to announce his retirement and we were supposed to help him determine who his successor would be among the heads of each operation.  Ghostlet and I were in one organization but Ghostess was assigned to a different one.  Ghostlet's mission turned out to be helping his own boss get nominated, but my mission was to betray my boss and help get a different boss that I was secretly loyal to get nominated.  Unbenownst to us, Ghostesses mission was to betray HER boss and help our boss.  Then we were all sent off to try and negotiate with other members of the different factions to gain allegiances and voted for the respective bosses we were trying to support.  All the while there were other people who's mission was to be moles for the police and collect evidence against the various bosses.  I ended up being a very entertaining evening, with various negotiating sessions interspersed with "cut scenes" that were done by the actors to move the story along.   We will definitely be doing this again :) 

Interesting! is it a sort of live RPG? is it dialog-based only or are there elements of chance/randomness?

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

9 hours ago, @mu said:

Interesting! is it a sort of live RPG? is it dialog-based only or are there elements of chance/randomness?

It was very interactive and had a fair bit of randomness involved.  Each person was given a mixed bag of "jewels" when they arrived at the venue, and they could be traded in various ways for support for your faction.  The exchange rates varies between the types of jewelry, so by trading among others you could actually increase your bargaining position and get more support.  At the end of each negotiating session, there was an auction to "buy" a nomination for the boss of your choice.  No one knew in advance which teams would win the auctions, so the actors had multiple scenarios ready for whoever ended up winning out.  The overall storyline wasn't significantly impacted, but it did give the audience a real sense of participation.

Sunday:

I went to church in the morning and got back just in time to see Ghostess before she had to run out the door for a business trip.  In the afternoon I oversaw Ghostlet as he reviewed for his finals which are taking place this week and caught up on NF.  In the evening I made some dinner (see below) and then helped Ghostlet finish up his art final project, which was to build a sculpture out of bottle lids.

Well, the week is over so time to disclose what the food was for last week:

Monday: Chicken Cordon Bleu

Tuesday: Cajun Fish

Wednesday: Orange Goose

Thursday: Beef & Celery

Sunday: Lasagna

@loire and @Mad Hatter both came out with two correct selections and are currently in the lead :)  

@KB Girl: The one that took all day was the orange goose, but that was because I was starting with a whole goose that needed to be cleaned and carved.  That is what took up most of the time.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Ninja

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

@loire and @Mad Hatter both came out with two correct selections and are currently in the lead :)  

Sweet!

Interesting event. Though I feel I wouldn't be very motivated by the story to try to fight for my boss. If I'm just a pawn in a crime syndicate I'm screwed no matter what. Maybe I could steal a bunch of jewels and run away. 🤔

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Well, the week is over so time to disclose what the food was for last week:

Ah poop, I kept forgetting to do this! :(

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The one that took all day was the orange goose, but that was because I was starting with a whole goose that needed to be cleaned and carved.  That is what took up most of the time.

Ohhh! that's serious, had you done that before? 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

What a neat interactive game! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

WOO HOOOOOOO! Come on big bingo money! :D

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sweet!

Interesting event. Though I feel I wouldn't be very motivated by the story to try to fight for my boss. If I'm just a pawn in a crime syndicate I'm screwed no matter what. Maybe I could steal a bunch of jewels and run away. 🤔

Seem like being one of the police moles would have been a fitting for you ;) 

20 hours ago, deftona said:

Ah poop, I kept forgetting to do this! :(

Given that people have at most 2 correct guesses at this point, you can still get in if you want.  I'll hold off on posting this weeks food if you would like to join

12 hours ago, sylph said:

Yum--lasagna. Possibly the world's perfect food...

While certainly near the top of the list, I can't see it ever beating out Lebanese style donor kebabs as my #1

12 hours ago, raptron said:

What a neat interactive game! 

It was a lot of fun.  They are working on the script for another one which should be coming out in the Spring.  We will join that one for sure.

10 hours ago, loire said:

WOO HOOOOOOO! Come on big bingo money! :D

And the excitement starts to build ;) 

Yesterday my MIL asked me to stay home because she was waiting for a delivery from her old company (every year before Chinese New Year they send over a bunch of food stuffs) so I was not planning to go to the park.  It worked out that I wouldn't have gone anyway because we got a pretty heavy snowfall overnight.  Ghostlet said it was the deepest snow he had ever seen, which mad me a little sad because it was only 2 inches at most.

I played Skyrim in the morning instead and then around noon Ghostess came back from her business trip and did her regular Monday conference calls from home.  So as not to disturb her, I shut off the game and got all caught up on NF instead.  Later in the afternoon, we called the recycling guy to come over and pick up our cardboard and plastic bottles and then I made dinner which was [TBA].  

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

Oops, missed one...

13 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ohhh! that's serious, had you done that before? 

Yes, this guy gives us various game from his farm every year, and a couple of years ago we got another goose.  Usually it is chickens, but sometimes also fish.  I was pretty happy that I was much better at it this time around, maybe next time it won't take me quite so long.

Thank heavens for Youtube tutorials, because I found one that gave really good instruction for how to go about it :) 

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It worked out that I wouldn't have gone anyway because we got a pretty heavy snowfall overnight [...] only 2 inches at most.

giphy.webp

• Haha 5

Raptron, alot assassin

23 hours ago, raptron said:

giphy.webp

22 hours ago, sylph said:

I had a similar reaction...

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

LOL me three.

Hahaha, y'all ain't wrong :D    I should have put heavy in air quotes.  That said, it was pretty heavy relative to what we normally get, which not been more than a light dusting for the last 5 years or so.

Tuesday

Ghostlet started his "big 3" finals (Chinese, Math, and English) yesterday so he asked me to take him to school 30 minutes early.  The temperature had risen to 0 or so by this point, which is warm enough to go to the park, but I wanted to wait until it was at least light out so I crawled back into bed.  The next thing I knew it was already noon :D   I did a workout at home focusing mostly on just very basic stuff (pullups & pushups) and related variations.The rest of the day was pretty much just Skyrim

I did make some dinner which I thought was pretty yummy but Ghostlet did not seem to enjoy much

Wednesday

I barely got any sleep last night, because although I crawled into bed well before midnight, I didn't fall asleep until around 3, and even then kept waking up off and on.  I suspect it was because I had slept until noon that day and so I just wasn't sleepy.  Pretty sure this was the cause, because that is what happens if I take a nap during the day.  Given the whole no sleep thing, I decided to skip the workout and again went back to bed.  

Most of the day was again spent playing Skyrim, but I did make some more dinner which was [TBA]

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

Late to the party, but here's mine. Made sure there weren't any that were already made. 

image.png.720f031c00e6af8958ae8e98137d0953.png

Serious props to you for trying to work out. I had to jump my car yesterday in below freezing and nasty wind and I wouldn't have been in it if I had any options to skip it. Can't imagine voluntarily doing that. Good luck to Ghostlet with his finals!

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current