WhiteGhost is on Ninjary Reserve

WhiteGhost

I was talking to Ghostess on the way to the airport and it turns out she has some doctor friends who told her on the DL that the official number is WAY understated 😰

• Sad 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I was talking to Ghostess on the way to the airport and it turns out she has some doctor friends who told her on the DL that the official number is WAY understated 😰

Look after yourselves.

• Thanks 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I wondered about that. Stay safe. 

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, deftona said:

Look after yourselves.

40 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I wondered about that. Stay safe. 

Thanks guys :)  We are now in Sanya, which was able to completely avoid SARS, although that was before it became THE place to snowbird. At any rate it is better than Beijing which had 5 more cases confirmed today. 

Tuesday

Pretty much the whole day was spent in transit, but we made it and are enjoying the temperature spread.   It was -8 when we left and 28 when we landed 😎

• Like 6

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Thanks guys [emoji4]  We are now in Sanya

And yet again, I wasn't invited. Wtf dude.

But really, have a wonderful time and forget how much my jealousy is intensifying.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 1/21/2020 at 11:36 PM, deftona said:

And yet again, I wasn't invited. Wtf dude.

But really, have a wonderful time and forget how much my jealousy is intensifying.

Speaking of which, when are you to come over and see us? 

22 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Stay safe!

Will do! 

Wednesday

Slept in until 10 and then went shopping for some supplies we forgot to bring. Had a late lunch and then went with Ghostlet's to play some tennis.   After about an hour some other kids showed up and we played some basketball (I was the only adult so it was me against all 4 kids).   It was the most cardio I have done in months! 

After dinner we all played mahjong as per our family tradition :)

I have pretty much given up on any kind of quality eating this trip.  When we walked in the door yesterday we were greeted by a huuuuuge stack of snacks for our evening mahjong sessions (and any other time...) 

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

Have a great vacation! Enjoy the warmth! 🌴

• Thanks 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

9 hours ago, sylph said:

That's a LOT of snacks! Have a great time. :)

I know, and there is no way we bought even more when we were out shopping yesterday,  right? 

7 hours ago, raptron said:

Have a great vacation! Enjoy the warmth! 🌴

Thanks! Definitely enjoying the warmth

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

If you’re gonna eat Snickers, by the bucket is a nice serving size.

I don't know why they even sell other serving sizes :D

A quick Corona virus update for this morning.   Apparently it is spreading like wildfire, with 25 out of 31 provinces with confirmed cases.   The entire city if Wuhan (ground zero) has been quarantined, with all public transport shut down.   Sanya had a confirmed case overnight, because a one idiot from Wuhan who was already sick got on a plane. The hospital where he was admitted has been designated as the Corona virus hospital and they are not accepting any other types of patients there creating a de facto quarantine. Luckily we are not in the city proper and will not be heading into the city for the duration of our trip. 

Ghostess has spent all morning creating policies for her company to deal with this, especially for her Wuhan office and the employees there. Lots of people have been approved to work from home indefinitely. 

All of the face masks in the entire country are sold out. 

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

20 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Also, stay away from snakes.

This is my default policy :)

There is a rumor going around that this particular strain was passed to humans by dogs. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

Thursday

This morning started out with a trip to the police station.   When we showed up at our home the other day, one of the guards saw? me come in and reported me to the police.  They then called our home yesterday and told? me I need to come in and register if I am staying here more than 24 hours so that's what I did. 

After that we came back and had lunch, and then went to the pool for a bit of swimming. The pool was freezing;though so we only stayed about half and hour and called it quits. In the evening we saw news that over the last 20 days more than 30,000 people have come to Sanya from Wuhan so we made a decision to self quarantine. We have no idea who else in the complex here is from Wuhan so we are just going to stay away from other people and just stay home and relax for the rest of the holiday. 

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

On 1/23/2020 at 10:16 AM, WhiteGhost said:

This morning started out with a trip to the police station.   When we showed up at our home the other day, one of the guards saw? me come in and reported me to the police.  They then called our home yesterday and told? me I need to come in and register if I am staying here more than 24 hours so that's what I did. 

Oof, is that a usual thing in China? We had similar registration things when I was in Russia many years ago - they want to know where you are.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:16 AM, WhiteGhost said:

After that we came back and had lunch, and then went to the pool for a bit of swimming. The pool was freezing;though so we only stayed about half and hour and called it quits. In the evening we saw news that over the last 20 days more than 30,000 people have come to Sanya from Wuhan so we made a decision to self quarantine. We have no idea who else in the complex here is from Wuhan so we are just going to stay away from other people and just stay home and relax for the rest of the holiday.

:( Be safe, stay healthy, and still enjoy your stay. The temperature change sounds wonderful, even if you stay indoors. 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

42 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Oof, is that a usual thing in China? We had similar registration things when I was in Russia many years ago - they want to know where you are

Yes, foreigners are technically required to register with the local police station for any overnight stays, but usually only hotels enforce it. This is the 5th year we have been coming here but the first time anyone has said anything

45 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Be safe, stay healthy, and still enjoy your stay. The temperature change sounds wonderful, even if you stay indoors. 

Oh, the temperatures are wonderful, we leave the windows and doors open all day and enjoy the nice ocean breeze.   The virus thing is getting scary, though. Ghostess has two employees who are showing symptoms, so she is doing what she can to help them out. For now it seems most people are just hunkering down for the holidays. Things are going to get messy in a week when everyone needs to get back home, though. 

Friday

Today was Chinese New Year's Eve,  which is kind of like a combination of new years, Christmas and Thanksgiving all rolled into one. We spent most of the day getting food ready and it all turned into the most amazing meal

After the food we played mahjong for a while and then watched the annual CNY special on TV. At midnight we had Dumplings, and now I am super stuffed. 

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

Hey man! Thought I'd drop by and say hey and also that you're way tougher than me because you worked out in Siberian weather and I wouldn't.

I hope CNY is a happy holiday for you and that you duck the coronavirus. Unfortunately, the only tactics I know that work against that kind of thing come down to rest, good food, and low stress. So... yeah. Be well!

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Kishi said:

Hey man! Thought I'd drop by and say hey and also that you're way tougher than me because you worked out in Siberian weather and I wouldn't.

I hope CNY is a happy holiday for you and that you duck the coronavirus. Unfortunately, the only tactics I know that work against that kind of thing come down to rest, good food, and low stress. So... yeah. Be well!

Hey, thanks for stopping by :)

CNY has been very relaxed at the family level, but very stressful at a more macro level. 

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Looks delish!

It totally was! 

Saturday

The only thing of note that I did today was polish off a half a bucket of snickers. We did have a visit from the police, though, just to make sure the address we gave them was real. 

The corona virus issue is getting very serious. Wuhan has been completely quarantined and neighboring provinces are tearing p the roads to keep out refugees. Beijing just announced they will implement quarantine procedures from tomorrow and Hainan (the island where we are) has ordered all tourist locations closed. All public gatherings have been ordered cancelled nationwide (even private church services) and it looks like it will be getting worse. We have some access to non-public information and all sources indicate the situation is far worse than the official media is reporting. 

These are crazy times indeed

• Sad 6

Level 2 Ninja

Wow, between the police and the Snickers buckets and the street tearing-up this is.... a THING, huh. Do you think you'll be able to make it home safely after holiday?  Keeping all my fingers crossed for you, please stay safe and keep us updated..

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

New Year's dinner looks amazing!

On 1/25/2020 at 4:31 PM, WhiteGhost said:

all sources indicate the situation is far worse than the official media is reporting. 

Sorry to hear about the virus spread. Here news are all mixed up, some look like serious information, others look more like paranoid fakes, although they have a point when they say the official rates of infection and mortality that had been published here (I don't know about the info arriving to other countries) don't match the extraordinary measures deployed to keep the virus at bay.

In any case, I hope you'll enjoy your stay there as much as is possible given the circumstances. I guess you won't face any restrictions to come back home?

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

21 hours ago, loire said:

Wow, between the police and the Snickers buckets and the street tearing-up this is.... a THING, huh. Do you think you'll be able to make it home safely after holiday?  Keeping all my fingers crossed for you, please stay safe and keep us updated..

Thanks, it is a thing, but not everyone is taking it seriously. Most of the people I see around here (from our balcony) are still doing their regular things and only a few are even bothering to wear masks. In fact, there was a dude out practicing his sax all day.   Literally he came out at 8:30 and was there until 4pm with about an hour break for lunch. It wouldn't be so bad if he could play more than basic scales and Auld Lang Syne. He must have played that song like 100 times... 

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Worse in terms of spread or severity of the disease?

Worse in terms of spread. Severity is still to be seen, but so far mortality rates are about half of SARS but recovery is only half as fast. The scariest part is that the normal symptoms (fever and dry cough) are not the only indicators so it is very difficult to diagnose. Most hospitals in the country do not have the technology to check the genomes of every sample so they have no way to confirm if it is nCov or just regular flu without sending the samples to the big hospitals. 

17 hours ago, deftona said:

Stay healthy, my friend. 

Working on it :)

21 minutes ago, zenLara said:

New Year's dinner looks amazing!

Sorry to hear about the virus spread. Here news are all mixed up, some look like serious information, others look more like paranoid fakes, although they have a point when they say the official rates of infection and mortality that had been published here (I don't know about the info arriving to other countries) don't match with the extraordinary measures deployed to keep the virus at bay.

In any case, I hope you'll enjoy your stay there as much as is possible given the circumstances. I guess you won't face any restrictions to come back home?

The measures do seem to be a bit of overkill, but given that at this point no one knows how serious this is going to end up being, I think everyone wants to play it safe. Can't say I blame them. 

Sunday

Today the government announced that the CNY holiday has been extended for a week and asked people not to travel if possible.  We had originally planned to be here just 10 days but now bit looks like we may end up being here for up 3 weeks or more.   I am not complaining, of course but we do worry about Wraith.   We left he with a friend and enough food for 2 weeks, so the friend is hopefully willing to watch her for however long we will be here. We sure miss her, though.  This also means that I am probably not going to be able to follow through with my food bingo game.   Sorry to everyone who took the time to put a card together. 

On the upside, I finally got a workout in. I did a push workout including a bunch of variations on pushups. I didn't give it my all, but I have it my something, which is far better than my nothing, which is all I have been giving it recently.

In other news, I figured if zi am going to be holed up here for a month I will need more games so I downloaded Diablo 1 and the first three Elder Scrolls games. That should keep me busy :)

• Like 8

Level 2 Ninja

Monday

I literally did nothing all day but eat and play games (mahjong, TES:Arena, Raid:Shadow Legends). 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Level 2 Ninja