Lateral Planet: Pitter Patter

Lateral Planet

Ugh, it's 44C (110F) today which means it's too hot to do much other than relax in the air conditioning with some Netflix. I did manage to put away the Christmas tree and do another short burst of my clothing Konmari, so I don't feel too bad for being lazy most of the day. Luckily it doesn't really interfere with my main challenge goals so they're still plodding along nicely.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
11 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Ugh, it's 44C (110F) today which means it's too hot to do much other than relax in the air conditioning with some Netflix. I did manage to put away the Christmas tree and do another short burst of my clothing Konmari, so I don't feel too bad for being lazy most of the day. Luckily it doesn't really interfere with my main challenge goals so they're still plodding along nicely.

That is too hot to do anything 😧

Good to hear the goals can handle such temperatures :P

• Like 2

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

1 hour ago, Siferiax said:

That is too hot to do anything 😧

Good to hear the goals can handle such temperatures :P

We basically have two options for weather these days:

1) Too hot to function and clear skies

2) Slightly cooler, but only because the bushfire smoke isn't letting any sunshine through 

Either way, I'm pretty much stuck at home. I knew it would be like this (honestly, it's been like this since November) so I designed my challenge to work around it.

5 hours ago, Defining said:

WTF. Um. Is it bad that I would totally choose our -20C days over this...pretty much always!?!?

That was actually a new record for my city (woo, high score!) I'm so looking forward to winter so I can complain about the cold instead ;)

• Haha 3

Today was of the cool and smoky variety, so I was able to finish off my clothing Konmari. I now hereby forbid myself to buy any more socks and undies, because honestly I've got plenty. All my books are currently still in boxes waiting for us to reinstall the bookcases, so I skipped ahead and took a look at DVDs instead. I identified about 130 that I've never watched or have no memory of watching. A bunch of those I'll be happy to get rid of right away, but there are a lot that I'd like to check out before making a decision.

More bad news, because this week just sucks. We're supposed to pop up to Sydney on Tuesday to see Elton John, but there's a decent chance the bushfire road closures will force us to cancel. I'm pretty miffed, because I've been looking forward to this since last February, but also I'm not keen to put myself in danger for a concert.

• Like 3
On 1/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, Lateral Planet said:

I decided I needed a little project to keep me occupied, so I've finally hopped on the Twitter bandwagon and started doing little movie reviews. If anyone's into that, feel free to pop by for a visit :D 

https://twitter.com/LateralPlanet?s=09

I have followed :)

12 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Today was of the cool and smoky variety, so I was able to finish off my clothing Konmari. I now hereby forbid myself to buy any more socks and undies, because honestly I've got plenty. All my books are currently still in boxes waiting for us to reinstall the bookcases, so I skipped ahead and took a look at DVDs instead. I identified about 130 that I've never watched or have no memory of watching. A bunch of those I'll be happy to get rid of right away, but there are a lot that I'd like to check out before making a decision.

More bad news, because this week just sucks. We're supposed to pop up to Sydney on Tuesday to see Elton John, but there's a decent chance the bushfire road closures will force us to cancel. I'm pretty miffed, because I've been looking forward to this since last February, but also I'm not keen to put myself in danger for a concert.

I have been seeing more and more about the fires there. Really really nasty :( Hopefully, you get to see Elton John still

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Tateman said:

I have followed :)

Thanks, and welcome back :)

3 hours ago, Tateman said:

I have been seeing more and more about the fires there. Really really nasty :( Hopefully, you get to see Elton John still

We're hopeful since the roads are still open for now, but a lot can change in the next 15 hours before we go. I'm keeping watch for updates!

• Like 3

Week 0 Recap: Overall, not too bad challenge-wise. I'm still at 75kg, which is good considering I've done zero exercise and eaten a lot of junk

1) Eat after midday = 5/7

2) Track spending = 7/7

3) Use the diary = 7/7

4) Read one book and watch at least one movie = I watched two DVDs I've never seen before, but haven't yet dug out the books to pick one for this challenge

Plan for Week 1: Hard to make plans right now but we'll see how it goes.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Congrats

WelltodoVapidCaracal-size_restricted.gif

It was so much fun!!

7 hours ago, Rookie said:

I am so glad you got to go see Elton John.

I was wondering how you were fairing with the fires. 

We're doing OK; the fires are close enough that we're getting the smoke but far enough from home that we're not in danger. Got a bug-out bag ready just in case but I don't think we'll need it.

• Like 5

Hugs for you and puppy!

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

OK, now that excitement's over and I'm back home it's time to focus up. For the next three weeks or so I've got a nice reliable schedule so it's a good time to establish some good habits.

I've been a bit slack with my food goals. I have done at least a 12-hour fast each day, but my official goal is to wait til after midday to eat and I haven't always managed that. Also I've had a lot of snacks. I do plan to try wean myself off the chocolate, but also my local shop started selling mandarin-flavoured Kit Kats so that might be difficult.

Otherwise things have gone pretty well. On the trip to Sydney and back I managed to get over halfway through a book; now I just need to remember to finish it. Also it's super easy to track your spending when you don't buy anything for days at a time, so that's going swimmingly.

• Like 6
On 1/9/2020 at 9:11 AM, Tateman said:

I never thought to myself that I was that much into chocolate. It is so good though. Hard to resist once you start eating it some. At least I am sticking to dark bakers chocolate for things I make on Keto. 

I've been an afternoon eater too. Sometimes even later with picking my kid up from school. 

I can't get enough of it! And we were given a whole lot of posh chocolates at Christmas so there's plenty of it at home at the moment, but I'm trying to pace myself.

• Like 2

I'm so done with this week. It's been less lousy than last week, but aside from the concert it hasn't been great. I would just love for a few days in a row to go smoothly.

Anyway, this morning I finally gave in and let myself have a cup of tea. Saved some money by nabbing some free sugar sachets, but I had to buy way overpriced milk from the cafe. But then I was able to share it with someone else in the office so a good deed came from my splurging.

Also positive is they've made another dozen or so episodes of Letterkenny available to watch so that will keep me happy this weekend :D

• Like 2

Made a cake to cheer myself up. Not the sort of thing I usually do at 11pm but I was feeling restless and figured that would entertain me for a bit.

Got no plans for the weekend so fingers crossed that means nothing can go terribly wrong. Either way, there will be cake... which will only be eaten in moderation and after midday, in accordance with my challenge goals.

• Like 2

Oops, it's been a few days so here's where I'm at. We're pretty confident the shower has stopped leaking into the study, so it was finally time to put the bookcases back where they belong, yay! This also gave me the opportunity to go through my books properly and pick out a few I don't want to keep. I also isolated the ones I haven't read so I can more easily make them a priority. Did the same with DVDs I've never watched, for easy access. I'm sure I'll do several more passes and slowly the collection will be refined to be only the good stuff.

We also went for a walk, which is very exciting and rare these days. It was a bit smoky, but it's been so long since the last walk I was keen to go and didn't let it deter me.

Challenge-wise, I haven't been eating super well, but the timing's been OK. But I have been tracking my spending and using the diary very regularly so that's working out just fine. I totally forgot to weigh myself this morning, oops! Oh well. The focus for this week will again be to not eat so much chocolate, because that really has been my Achilles heel lately. Making a chocolate cake on impulse probably didn't help either, so no baking for me this week :P

• Like 1